Amex Offers $200 off $1000 in Princess cruise reservation

iceberg1116

Check your Amex offers for $200 off $1000 on Princess Cruise

Details

Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $1000+ to purchase Princess Cruises sailing by contacting your travel consultant or by visiting princess.com between 10/1/15 - 10/31/15. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer valid for online reservations at princess.com, via phone at 1-800-PRINCESS, and via travel agent only. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfer/transportation to the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BWLO:0001

Didn't see it on my list of Offers for the two Amex cards I have. I don't know if it shows a random list of offers, or if each person or each card has a targeted set of offers. Thanks for the heads-up, though. I didn't even know about the Offers section on the payment website until your message depsite having Amex cards for 3-4 years!

Didn't see it on my list of Offers for the two Amex cards I have. I don't know if it shows a random list of offers, or if each person or each card has a targeted set of offers. Thanks for the heads-up, though. I didn't even know about the Offers section on the payment website until your message depsite having Amex cards for 3-4 years!

Nor did I.

Among our family of 4 adults with 19 amex cards between us, only I got the offer. I got it on 2 cards, both Amex Blue Cash Everyday. No twitter unfortunately.

There is also the $125 off $500 for Celebrity which was posted in the Celebrity forum by someone else already.

Edited by iceberg1116

I have nothing better to do so checked on this "offer" Spent 30 minutes with an American Express phone representative. I gave her the POID code and she took it from there.

You need to be offered this promotion by signing in to your account and going to offers and deals. If Princess is not listed, then you are not qualified and can not sign up. None of my cards qualify.

Thank you OP for starting this thread. It's too bad that it is not an offer for everyone. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who was able to take advantage of this promotion.

Like someone else mentioned, there is a similar AMEX promotion with Celebrity. We each have a Gold AMEX card linked to the same account. (we each have our own usernames/passwords for each card even though it's the same account). In our case with the Celebrity offer, my spouse received the offer, but I didn't.

So check ALL your AMEX accounts. ;)

Question for those who qualified.

Was this only for a new booking or could you use your Amex to pay for an already existing booking and get it?

We have Business Platinum cards and used to get generous OBCs from Amex but no cruise in the last 5 years or so has qualified so I've stopped asking the TA to check. :(

Question for those who qualified.

Was this only for a new booking or could you use your Amex to pay for an already existing booking and get it?

We have Business Platinum cards and used to get generous OBCs from Amex but no cruise in the last 5 years or so has qualified so I've stopped asking the TA to check. :(

If the Princess deal works like the Celebrity offer, then, yes, you can get the statement credit on an existing booking. A guy on the Celebrity board made a special $500 "advance" payment on his existing booking and received the AMEX credit within a couple of days.

P.S. If the promo is listed on your credit card, you have to enroll (register) for the promo on the AMEX website in order for the statement credit to "kick in" when you make your Princess purchase.

Edited by BEAV

Both my wife & I have american express cards. Got them at the same time, almost equal credit limits.

She received the Princess offer; I didn't.

I received the Celebrity cruise offer, and she didn't.

Strange how offers work.

Do I have to book through AmEx, or can I simply use their card?

From the OP's original post

"Offer valid for online reservations at princess.com, via phone at 1-800-PRINCESS, and via travel agent only."

So any travel agent or directly with Princess.

Thanks Ice!,

Went to AMEX site - saw the Offer, added it to the card, went to princess, added 1K$ payment to an upcoming cruise and got an SMS from AMEX thanking me for using the Offer. Well done and you gotta love CC.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

GOOD NEWS! An update. I went and looked then chatted with the online rep - who got me added to the offer! So I got the $1000 payment/$200 offer! I just went and made a payment so it is still pending but the rep assured me that I would get the $200 credit. I just also checked my email and it also affirms I got the credit, so I would suggest if you didn't get the offer to chat with an online rep and get it added to your card offers.

Edited by amypete