Should I worry about Ochos Rios, Jamaica

Ithocles

Hello All,

My partner and I are preparing for our second cruise leaving on January 30th. We've visited Grand Cayman and Cozumel before, but have never been to Jamaica. I didn't know how unfriendly they were to gay or lesbian travelers until after booking and am a little apprehensive now. I just read that Grand Cayman was a little unfriendly as well but we didn't have a problem at all last time.

While you all would peg us as gay anywhere, most often we get asked if we are brothers. However, we have matching ankle tattoos which should be a giveaway. As much as it bugs me to ask, how guarded should we be when in Jamaica? We are touring with Marva Shaw and will be doing Dunns River Falls, River Tubing, a Plantation Tour and a stop at a local Jerk restuarant. What have your experiences been like?

Thanks for any responses.

Regards,

Danny

Hi please email me at howiebenz@yahoo.com I am in Jamaica and can guide you and any gay travelors

I was in Jamaica for the third or forth time a few weeks ago. I did not find the Jamaican attitude any different than most other poor Caribbean islands.

I walked from the ship to town by my self and never felt a moment of apprehension.

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

image.php?u=58214&type=sigpic&dateline=1256756457

442 days at sea

38 cruises

Next time you are coming to Jamaica let me know email me at howiebenz@yahoo.com and I will give you my contact info and pics thanks