Cruising out of Vancouver - can you board, get off, and reboard?

Wondering if you can go thru immigration and board the cruise ship for it's departure out of Vancouver (Princess), get settled in cabin then get off ship to tour more in Vancouver before ship sailaway at 4:30 pm? If you can, do you have to go through immigration again, or does your Sail Card let you skip that when reboarding? thank you

I recommend leaving your luggage your hotel to do your morning sightseeing and then head to the cruise terminal in the afternoon. Otherwise, arrive a few days earlier in Vancouver. Lots to do.

I recommend leaving your luggage your hotel to do your morning sightseeing and then head to the cruise terminal in the afternoon. Otherwise, arrive a few days earlier in Vancouver. Lots to do.

I know but too late, we have our flights and arrive this friday. Depart Saturday. So it is what it is.

Just curious about the immigration process if you want to get off and re-board

thanks all

^You can - but you have to repeat the whole process PLUS go through Canadian immigration & customs as you're getting off... it's a serious time suck.

By far the best idea is to leave bags at hotel if it's downtown, or if not then drop bags at terminal then go sightseeing before coming back to do security/immigration/check-in (the downside of this means you have to wait until somewhere in the 10am range before you can leave your bags - if it's a 1 ship day this can be as early as 9:30am, but a 3 shipper might be closer to 10:30am before they get all bags off and start accepting incoming bags).

^You can - but you have to repeat the whole process PLUS go through Canadian immigration & customs as you're getting off... it's a serious time suck.

By far the best idea is to leave bags at hotel if it's downtown, or if not then drop bags at terminal then go sightseeing before coming back to do security/immigration/check-in (the downside of this means you have to wait until somewhere in the 10am range before you can leave your bags - if it's a 1 ship day this can be as early as 9:30am, but a 3 shipper might be closer to 10:30am before they get all bags off and start accepting incoming bags).

thanks -- that's what I thought (about having to go thru immigration again) -- just wanted to confirm. I appreciate the response.

Thanks for the full explanation. I was wondering about this myself.

Yes, in other ports of embarkation it is not so much of a production to get off and get back on, but in Vancouver you go through US Customs and Border Patrol and are declared to be in American waters once you board the ship, and as a PP said you need to clear Canadian C&I if you get off. It's a big deal.

Do your stuff in the morning before checking in and boarding. Have fun!