Need Help With Seattle Lodging

cruzanisfun

I plan to book a room for June 2018 at the Seattle Marriott waterfront. It is well worth the price considering it will be walking distance to the Pier and the places we plan to see prior to boarding our cruise. We do not plan to deal with taxis or ubers. We are flying on a Friday afternoon, so we will have the evening and the next morning to explore.

Check out Priceline or Hotwire. We're going at the end of Sept & I kept watching the 3.5 to 5 star hotels....there was an Express Deal one day for $111+taxes($135 total), that I jumped on. We ended up with the Marqueen, which is within walking distance to Seattle Center & the monorail, which we will take to Pike Market. I know its an older hotel, but it got pretty good reviews. Good Luck & enjoy your trip!

Check out Priceline or Hotwire. We're going at the end of Sept & I kept watching the 3.5 to 5 star hotels....there was an Express Deal one day for $111+taxes($135 total), that I jumped on. We ended up with the Marqueen, which is within walking distance to Seattle Center & the monorail, which we will take to Pike Market. I know its an older hotel, but it got pretty good reviews. Good Luck & enjoy your trip!

We are booked in the Marqueen for July. $292 including taxes.

Are these websites ones that you don't know the hotel until you commit to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked in the Marqueen for July. $292 including taxes.

Are these websites ones that you don't know the hotel until you commit to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes - and you don't actually know which hotel you get until you confirm purchase. There are a few websites that do try and guesstimate what you most likely will get based on the description but its not foolproof

Last summer we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Seatac on 28th for 3 days pre-cruise, and it was terrific. Rooms were large and clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was one of the best we've had with a huge selection.

Post cruise we stayed at the Doubletree SeaTac which was also excellent. It's a much larger hotel and not as personal as the Hampton, but we would definitely stay there again. I don't think you could make a bad choice between the two hotels.

Last summer we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Seatac on 28th for 3 days pre-cruise, and it was terrific. Rooms were large and clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was one of the best we've had with a huge selection.

Post cruise we stayed at the Doubletree SeaTac which was also excellent. It's a much larger hotel and not as personal as the Hampton, but we would definitely stay there again. I don't think you could make a bad choice between the two hotels.

I've also stayed at both of these hotels, and recommend them.

Roz

We wound up with the Springhill Suites about 1 mile from Seattle Center. They have a complimentary short distance shuttle and nice breakfast. Got lucky by reserving early and getting room for just over $300 including tax. Unfortunately the week of our cruise is just a very popular vacation week, making prices a little high, and the airfare was 35% lower by choosing these dates so we are staying post-cruise instead of pre-cruise. We decided that no matter what, we are going to enjoy ourselves!

I am a Seattle resident who likes to staycation downtown every now and again.

My go-to is usually one of the Kimpton brand hotels- there are 4.

The Alexis Hotel is the closest to the Bell Street Pier, but also usually the priciest.

Hotel Monaco and Hotel Vintage are a bit further up the hill, but usually running at a bit lower rate. (There is also The Palladian, but I haven't stayed here.)

All three are lovely hotels with nice restaurants and bars.

I like staying in these Kimpton hotels because they have a great loyalty program which I highly recommend joining. You will get free wifi, a $10 bar credit, and other various perks. The Kimpton website usually has great specials and last minute deals.

All Kimpton hotels offer a free hosted wine "tasting" every evening- as many glasses as you care for in the hour period. They often have a beer or two to choose from as well.

After re-reading the OP, I will add that there are a few hotels in near the University of Washington. You can take Light Rail right from the airport to this area- it is currently the last stop. University Village (large outdoor mall), as well as a few hotels are less than a mile north.

Another option might be the Hampton Inn at Northgate. It is brand spankin new, but also right next to the freeway. It is a few blocks from the Northgate Mall, and the Metro bus transfer station.

The new Residence Inn in the University District might not be a terrible choice either and they have loads of two-room suites. Don't know if they offer a shuttle to the light rail station.

• 1 month later...
Have you looked at area aroun Southcenter Mall? The area would be Tukwila. Just east of seatac but in an area with lots of walkable restaraunts and shopping. Its also on the light rail line or transit into downtown. Look at

seattlesouthside.com

as they will show lots of hotels. Please ask before booking here or on tripadvisor before booking as some show hotels are far from the airport. Also look at hotwire.com anywhere in the pike place zone. Anything within Seattle is an easy cab or uber to downtown or to the port. There is a new Hampton Inn at Northgate or a new Staybridge Suites on Aurora ave n. Because they are new perhaps their rates will be more reasonable. Hotel 5 is nice. Its a remodeled Ramada Inn. Old fashioned but redecorated in very contempory design. Close to everything.

I'm so happy to see someone recommend the Staybridge Suites because I honestly couldn't find anyone mentioning staying here...had no idea it was a new property. They claim to be 5 minutes from the cruise port and around 25 minutes from the airport. Looking to book here next June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Staybridge? FIVE MINUTES?

Bwahahahahahahhahaahbahahahahahhahahahbahahahahhahaha.

<inhale>

Bwhahahahahahahhahahahahbaahahbhahahahahahaaa

No. Not driving a normal passenger vehicle at even 2x the speed limit, at any time when there's a ship in port. Not to either pier.

It's a new build property and it's not a great distance, but it's more like 15 minutes to either pier, due largely to being located on the northbound lanes of a highway, when you need to go south.

I think the Staybridge is a nice addition to the midprice market, but it's *not* particularly convenient to either pier.

As for the airport, short of new developments in teleportation, it's gonna be more like 35 minutes in daylight hours.

After re-reading the OP, I will add that there are a few hotels in near the University of Washington. You can take Light Rail right from the airport to this area- it is currently the last stop. University Village (large outdoor mall), as well as a few hotels are less than a mile north.

Another option might be the Hampton Inn at Northgate. It is brand spankin new, but also right next to the freeway. It is a few blocks from the Northgate Mall, and the Metro bus transfer station.

Hotels in/near UW are NOT close to the light rail station. That said, if you get an ORCA card to use mass transit, you could easily use the King County Metro bus system to get to the light rail (many routes feed into the light rail at UW), and I believe you get transfer credit when using the ORCA card (Metro buses are essentially flat-rate fares, perhaps $2.75, whereas the light rail is zone-based and you tap your ORCA card when entering and when leaving the light rail stations, so if the light rail fare is $3.00 and the bus fare is $2.75, you only pay $3.00 when using an ORCA card). Buy an ORCA card ($5) per person and load some dough on it to cover your time in Seattle, then download the King County Metro "Trip Planner" app to get routing guidance and the "OneBusAway" app to get better information on exactly when the bus/train will be there and see all of the stops the bus/train will make.

Also, I would not want just 1 hotel room for the 4 of us. It would have to be 2 hotel rooms.

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn Bellevue Downtown Seattle for 2 nights and it was fantastic!!! Nice Rooms, Free Breakfast. Trader Joes and Whole Foods for snacks and bevies within a 5 minute walk and we Uber'd into Seattle for $23 each way, when we went in for our Ride the Ducks City Tour and MLB games. It was about $200 a night

• 2 weeks later...
4 of us will be arriving August 30 around 4:30 and boarding a cruise ship on September 1. We will have the evening of the 30th and all day the 31st to sightsee. We want to go to Pike's Market and the Waterfront. Not sure what else. I have been looking at downtown hotels, and they are WAY to expensive for us. I was also looking at hotels near the airport, but that doesn't seem very fun as there probably isn't much to do around there. Looking for lodging around $150 per night. What part of Seattle could we stay in that would have some good restaurants and maybe some shopping within walking distance of our hotel for the evening of the 30th, but that would also provide access to public transportation for getting downtown the next day for sightseeing? Is there such a place? I have never been to Seattle, so I know next to nothing about the areas of town. If it helps, the 4 of us are in good shape and don't mind walking several blocks to access transportation or get to a restaurant or whatever.

With cost being a driver staying near the airport wouldn't be a bad thing. You can hop the light rail into downtown, enjoy downtown and ride it back down to the hotel.

Here's a link (to the Link): https://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail

Someone mentioned a music festival. Yep, Bumbershoot is Labor Day weekend. It gets quite a few people. https://www.bumbershoot.com/

Me and my family are looking at booking at the Fairfield Inn by the Seattle airport. It's very reasonably priced, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this hotel. Is it nice or should it totally be avoided?

Me and my family are looking at booking at the Fairfield Inn by the Seattle airport. It's very reasonably priced, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this hotel. Is it nice or should it totally be avoided?

Tripadvisor

Sent from my iPad using Forums