Suggestions for Beach Renewal of Vows

My wife and I are planning a cruise in May 2018 with the intention of renewing our vows for our 30th anniversary. We are bringing immediate family and inviting friends to join us. We have researched doing it on the ship and have not completely ruled that out, but several people have suggested a beach ceremony on one of the Islands would not only be nicer, but less expensive as well. Our ports are Nassau, Half Moon Cay (since that is the cruise lines Island - probably not an option), Grand Turk, and Amber Cove D.R.

I would appreciate any guidance or recommendations on who to call to see what needs to be done and how much for these locations. I would also appreciate any experiences anyone might have had doing this. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think there are 2 ways to go with this.

Do it formally through the Cruise line (I am guessing Carnival) or do it yourself.

For example:

Through the cruiseline at Half Moon Cay you could book the "Private Oasis" excursion for your group. Will hold up to 12 people. Reach out to Guest Services and ask them if they can help move the furniture around and have it there. It looks beautiful and it wouldn't take much to decorate up. $1495 (price may vary according to website)

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/half-moon-cay/private-oasis-420029

For less money there is a beach house (with porches that would be nice for the ceremony) or heck cabanas for even less. Rent a couple cabanas and do it in the beach space between them.

Now if you don't mind doing it on your own...

Scope out the forums for those locations and find the less busy beaches. Book a van for everyone and head over.

Find a nice quiet corner and you are on your way. No need to make it a big deal, very casual. Bring along some flowers, or find a florist on the island and stop on the way to the beach.

Have a great time!