Private tour recommendation for Phu My to Saigon

hylasgirl

If you want to stay local (ie Vung Tau etc) try the following.

You do not have to do the Military things as they will organise a tour to suit you needs.

longtannuidattours.com

Just got off a cruise in March, and had a full day tour organized by www.travelauthenticasia.com. I can't say enough great things about this company. We actually used them for 4 ports in Vietnam, and loved all of them. Perfect speaking guides, prices were fantastic compared to ship and authentic lunch was included. Ngoan is the name of the person who will help you, and she is extremely responsive with email.

If you want to stay local (ie Vung Tau etc) try the following.

You do not have to do the Military things as they will organise a tour to suit you needs.

longtannuidattours.com

I emailed them one month ago and have had no response.

Not a good start!

I emailed them one month ago and have had no response.

Not a good start!

Not good I agree. I have just sent them an email to see if they will reply to you and also if they are still operating?

As soon as I here back will post again on here.

Not good I agree. I have just sent them an email to see if they will reply to you and also if they are still operating?

As soon as I here back will post again on here.

I sent an email using the website contact page and this is the reply I received.

"Hi Gordon, Yes we still do tours but our email service is not very good at the moment. Please ask you friend to re-send to this email address. I will answer straight away. Peter Taylor

taylor.peetee.peter@gmail.com

I am assuming Peter is an Aussie Vietnam Vet and you can be sure you are dealing with the right people.

Hope this helps

Thanks so much everyone. I found a recommended guide through a CC and personal friend Abbafan (Lisa)... his name is Cool. I'm not sure I can post his email address? Anyway, I have reserved him for the day and he is said to be amazing. AND he returned my emails immediately.

• 1 month later...

Last year, my family and I booked a private tour with a licensed tour guide in Saigon. He picked us from Phu My port and we had 8 hours to explore Saigon. The price was reasonable which included a comfortable van, entrance fees and the tour guide fees. We visited many places but what we found great was the 45 minutes trishaw ride. It was an adventure! The tour guide really knew so much about the city, the culture, and the people. He was very entertaining, friendly and helpful. He brought us back to the port on time. You will enjoy your time with him. This is the link to the shore excursion on his website: http://www.tourwithxuan.com/hcmc-tour.html

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I also recently had a fabulous tour with Xuan.

http://www.tourwithxuan.com/

He picked us at the port with a great driver in a new, very comfortable large van.

We had booked the all-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour.

We saw all the sites including Chinatown, the Thien Hau Temple, a fabulous Rickshaw ride through the local markets, Alleyways through the city, War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, City Hall, CIA Building that the Huey Uh1 helicopter was last helicopter to leave at Fall of Saigon, Ho Chi Minh Square, all the famous hotels used during the war, and new areas of the city with Villas and the contrast of poor stilt houses on water. We were also lucky to have been there for Vietnamese New Year when the city had beautiful lights.

Being an American- Saigon has so much history about the war- it was so interesting and fascinating.

Xuan is knowledgeable, passionate, enthusiastic, charming, attentive, loving, engaging, fun and a true pleasure to be with. We were fascinated by his kindness!

He was able to explain everything to us in a very meaningful way. His English is excellent!

We had such a great understanding of the people, culture and history because of him. We also learned about his life growing up in Vietnam. My husband and I asked a million questions and he was happy to answer all of them.

Touring with Xuan will be one of the highlights of your life! He planned a perfect itinerary and was very accommodating to special requests we wanted to do. Xuan took about 60 pictures of us during the tour and emailed them to me afterwards. He also took us to a wonderful and delicious place for lunch.

We have traveled all over the world and have used private guides and Xuan is absolutely the VERY BEST!