Help required please

English tea

Have always cruised in the past on Seabourn,but after our last Christmas @ New year cruise have now decided to try another line,have booked 3 back to back cruises on the spirit this coming November and have the following queries

1. Is the muster drill compulsory on all the legs or are you only required to participate on you embarkation leg

2.As we are newbies to Silverseas we are not entitled to any free laundry so will have to get them to do some for us, do they do the same as Seabourn i.e. you can put as much as you can into a laundry bag for a fixed rate. If so what is the charge.

3.Shore excursions we prefer to book and pay in advance therefore we don't get a large bill at the end of the cruise is this possible or do we have it put onto our shipboard account.

4. Do you settle your onboard account on disembarkation or is this paid after each leg.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Silversea,

1. You are encouraged to attend each muster drill but if you are ashore at the time then no problem.

2. Charge is per item but it is some while since I have had to worry about the amount so others may help on that one.

3. Never heard of prepaying for tours.

4. Your account will be presented at disembarkation.

Trust this some help.

Welcome to Silversea and Cruise Critic. We will be on the Spirit for the Rome to Dubai cruise in November (November 15 - December 3). Are you on that voyage?

Eastwoodboy's comments are spot on. There is an overnight land tour on our voyage that can, actually must, be prepaid but other tours are charged to your onboard account.

Have always cruised in the past on Seabourn,but after our last Christmas @ New year cruise have now decided to try another line,have booked 3 back to back cruises on the spirit this coming November and have the following queries

1. Is the muster drill compulsory on all the legs or are you only required to participate on you embarkation leg

2.As we are newbies to Silverseas we are not entitled to any free laundry so will have to get them to do some for us, do they do the same as Seabourn i.e. you can put as much as you can into a laundry bag for a fixed rate. If so what is the charge.

3.Shore excursions we prefer to book and pay in advance therefore we don't get a large bill at the end of the cruise is this possible or do we have it put onto our shipboard account.

4. Do you settle your onboard account on disembarkation or is this paid after each leg.

Thanks for any help.

Although you are encouraged to attend the muster drill on subsequent legs it is not compulsory and you choose to sit it out.

If you are really interested I will photograph the laundry list and post it here.

Eastwood boy is correct, no pre-payment of regular tours.

Your account is settled at the end of the entire voyage, unless you are sailing on a back to back on the World Cruise, in which case you have to settle at the end of each segment.

As far as I am aware the last point doesn't apply to multiple segments of a Grand Voyage, but it may be worth checking that with SS.

Have a fabulous time on the Spirit.

Hello English tea, if you're planning to post during or after your cruise on Silver Spirit I'll be very interested to read.

I went the opposite way to you, started cruising with Silversea and moved to Seabourn about 6 years ago now. As yet I haven't been tempted back to Silversea - but never say never!

It would be good to read your thoughts about Silversea.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for any help.

We have done both and understand your questions:

Most already has been answered. Silversea has the same size laundry bags but does not offer a per bag fee. Although Silversea does bring the laundry back the same day. Like Seabourn, there are Laundry machines on ever other floor and some ships on every floor. When you walk into the laundry room you will not be able to know if your on Seabourn or Silversea.

Shore excursion as all ready been explained and you may find paying at the end is better when you make changes during your voyage. I am waiting for Silversea to start the same system as Seabourn to collect upfront for excursion to help their cash flow.

Your butler will be taking over all the things your room attendant was doing on Seabourn. You will find more electrical plugs on Silversea ships. And other than a few more minor things, you should feel like things are very similar.

If you need to do laundry, try the laundry room on Deck 11 where all the suites have complimentary laundry so it is hardly ever used.

We always bring a multi plug to make charging easier. We also bring a bottle top humidifier which works well in the suites.

Generalising wildly, the per-item charges are a bit less than a US first class hotel and more than a bit less than a European one. Same-day service: put out laundry by 9, returned by 5. There are, of course, the free self-service launderettes, for the best gossip and the occasional fistfight.

Ah. Laundry politics! Please dont be the person that puts 3 items in the machine and then waits a few hours before taking them out!

That's what the shelves are for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums