Helipad at Sailaway from Ft. Lauderdale

tbmrt

I don't know what the big attraction is by being on the helipad other than the novelty of being there and being invited.

We gone to it twice. The first time because we never been there before and wanted to be among the "special".

You've had the experience and were excited to receive the invitation. I imagine we all have this in common. Having someone else say it's no big deal isn't going to satisfy the curiosity or sense of adventure that we all have.

Was this invite related to being in concierge class, being in a suite, or related to status?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always cruises suites but have also been Elite or Elite Plus for our cruises...not sure, friends of our who were on a first Celebrity cruise were invited, they were in a suite.

If you want to experience a helipad sail away I would speak early on in the cruise to the Captain Club host...The only helipad sail away we have had first night of cruise was Sydney and that was cancelled last minute owing to rain. Most have been part way through a cruise.

We received an invitation in our cabin this past week on the Equinox. We weren't in a long line and it wasn't hot and stuffy. I thought it was kind of interesting because we saw a small bar for the crew below the helipad where they get to spend some of their limited free time, and got to watch the Captain skillfully execute getting us out of a tight squeeze in the port. There was champagne and mimosas and they were passing around the ice cold cloths. There was plenty of room for everyone around the railing and several crew members were chatting with us and answering questions. It was really quite nice, but I have no idea how we were chosen. We are Elite because of our status on Royal Caribbean as Diamond. This was our first cruise with Celebrity and we had a regular balcony cabin. It was a nice, unexpected surprise.

We've not had the opportunity, but DW and I are both of the opinion that there are far better locations to watch from. Our favourite is from our usual aft cabin, where we can watch Port Everglades, then Fort Lauderdale and eventually Florida slowly disappear from sight while the sun gradually sets.

We've not had the opportunity, but DW and I are both of the opinion that there are far better locations to watch from. Our favourite is from our usual aft cabin, where we can watch Port Everglades, then Fort Lauderdale and eventually Florida slowly disappear from sight while the sun gradually sets.

The aft is actually the best location because you can see the port for a long distance as you sail away. At the bow once you pass something it is gone and all you end up seeing is the open sea. I think that is why so many along the rail on the Helipad get "bored" and leave. The show is over.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Just read that passes for sailaway on the Helipad were given out at the Concierge lunch on embarkation day.

Wondering if these passes are distributed at all the Concierge lunches.

In the past we headed to the top deck to look down upon the dancers and be near the outside railings to watch the ship leave. However, I seem to remember being disappointed that there was very little pizzazz, music, etc. at our last Equinox sailaway so we may try the helipad on our upcoming Reflection cruise.

Are drinks available at the Helipad or would we bring them with us?

Drinks are mimosas and champagne. On the first sailaway (Miami Equinox for me) they offered it to Concierge cruisers which I was one. On the next port sail away they offered it to first time Celebrity (Which I was one). On another day it was Select and above and I was that also, so went again. They never checked IDs or cruise cards, so really anyone can do it if they know about it. Its fun once or twice.

First time Celebrity cruisers may have contributed to you being chosen...

We received an invitation in our cabin this past week on the Equinox. We weren't in

a long line and it wasn't hot and stuffy. I thought it was kind of interesting because we saw a small bar for the crew below the helipad where they get to spend some of their limited free time, and got to watch the Captain skillfully execute getting us out of a tight squeeze in the port. There was champagne and mimosas and they were passing around the ice cold cloths. There was plenty of room for everyone around the railing and several crew members were chatting with us and answering questions. It was really quite nice, but I have no idea how we were chosen. We are Elite because of our status on Royal Caribbean as Diamond. This was our first cruise with Celebrity and we had a regular balcony cabin. It was a nice, unexpected surprise.