NCL Gem Dining Questions

Scurrent

Our family of 9 is sailing on the Gem this August. I have been unable to make dining reservations at the specialty restaurants, as they will only book for 8 people maximum. I wrote to Gem Special Events, but have yet to hear back. Any suggestions for getting reservations for 9 people?

On another note, can you make reservations for the main dining room after you are on the boat? if so, how? - Much thanks - Steve

Reservations for the main dining rooms are not needed but can absolutely be made onboard. Worst case scenario with the main dining rooms is that you show up when you want to eat and have a short wait for them to get a large table. If you are booking specialties, make the reservation for 8 and then go see about adding 1 person onboard.

Our family of 9 is sailing on the Gem this August. I have been unable to make dining reservations at the specialty restaurants, as they will only book for 8 people maximum. I wrote to Gem Special Events, but have yet to hear back. Any suggestions for getting reservations for 9 people?

On another note, can you make reservations for the main dining room after you are on the boat? if so, how? - Much thanks - Steve

Hi Steve!

I'd advise you to contact your Personal Cruise Consultant at NCL and he/she can make the reservations for you! :) They can even set up the main dining room for 9 as well!

Between the 2 MDR, Grand Pacifica is bigger and has large # of tables that can seat 8 to 10 and even 12, depending on their configuration (round vs. long, rectangular ones) - see the host/ess onboard on Day 1 and they can probably set aside a table for the evening for 9 of you.

Does everyone in your group plan to eat together nightly and/or at the same time, as that would be easiest for them - and maybe even give you the same wait staff/team - aside from the nights you wanted to do specialty dining.

Specialty dining aren't typically setup to do a big group - given the floor plans or layouts, and limited capacity - for your best odds, book a table for 8 now ... if you can - or 2 tables, 1 for 4 and 1 for 5 - maybe they can seat you side by side or join the tables together onboard - contact the reservation team once on the ship on day 1 to see about that. If you can dine early or late on those specialty nights, it will likely be easier for them to help you.

Book it as 2 separate, using different cabin numbers, and ask to be seated together at a large table

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you can make reservations once you are on the ship even as late as the day of.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Draka1
Ok