Gold Latitudes Laundry

samshltn

'50% off one bag per member', it says.

But does that mean:

Fill one bag up and pay a fixed 'bag rate'?

Each individually-priced item in one bag will be reduced by half?

If it's the fixed 'bag rate', how much is it?

Is it available any day or just on the same day as the 'bag rate' promotion is available to everyone?

TIA.

You fill the bag, fill out the list & pay 50% of the total. It's available any time, & is different from the "Fill the Bag" promotion, which is limited to a single day & a flat price, no matter how much stuff you put in the bag.

You fill the bag, fill out the list & pay 50% of the total. It's available any time, & is different from the "Fill the Bag" promotion, which is limited to a single day & a flat price, no matter how much stuff you put in the bag.

On the Getaway this year, we were able to get the 50% off the Fill the Bag promotion.

That is simply not correct.

Gold Latitude members receive 50% off of the price of BULK BAG LAUNDRY SERVICE. IOW, when they have the "Fill the Bag" promotion, a Gold Latitudes member will only be charged half of the stated price. The benefit does not allow you to pay 50% of the per item laundry pricing.

You fill the bag, fill out the list & pay 50% of the total..
The benefit does not allow you to pay 50% of the per item laundry pricing.

Which is correct? Does anyone have this on a policy or 'in writing' from NCL? Or is it just speculation, 'this is what happened to me' and 'YMMV'?

Which is correct? Does anyone have this on a policy or 'in writing' from NCL? Or is it just speculation, 'this is what happened to me' and 'YMMV'?

Let's put it this way, SeaShark has only been a member here since 2009, Tempus, since 2015. I know from experience that SeaShark is almost always correct when giving information, however, I'll be darned if I'm going to swear on a bible.

If the 50% off was based on the regular charge of the per piece laundry list, you'd be paying a lot more than the $10 you'll be charged with the Gold special.

Have a good day and maybe practice learning to trust those offering help. just sayin'

Let's put it this way, SeaShark has only been a member here since 2009, Tempus, since 2015. I know from experience that SeaShark is almost always correct when giving information, however, I'll be darned if I'm going to swear on a bible.

Actually, I've been a member since 2006. ;) FWIW...go ahead and be darned. :D

First...it's just my opinion, but anyone who needs the policy or something 'in writing' from NCL really needs to just ask NCL and not ask the general public on an Internet forum. Just sayin'.

That said, like many things, the Latitudes Program has Terms and Conditions that are spelled out on NCL's website. (Which I've highlighted for readability).

Laundry - Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus & Ambassador

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive fifty (50%) percent off of retail price of bulk bag laundry service. The discount will be reflected on the final bill at the end of your sailing. Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost. Any request by Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador members for bulk bag laundry service must be made pursuant to the terms of the promotion guidelines. To resolve any billing discrepancies, guests must visit a Latitudes Rewards representative (CruiseNext Manager).

Thanks SeaShark. It was interesting to read everyone's opinions/speculations on the subject*, but what I was after was the definitive correct answer that you pasted. I had been unable to find that on ncl.com.

Thanks again.

(*just sayin')

Sent from my LG-H815 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Star last month (Gold at the time), and for various reasons, we couldn't use the bulk bag promotion. We listed each piece on the ticket, added the 50% voucher to the bag & wrote GOLD on the bag itself. We were charged 1/2 of the total price.

So, maybe the official policy is for the bulk bag promo only, but like a lot of other things, they will bend the rules.