Spa on the Jade?

It is more similar to the Gem than the Breakaway (the BA's thermal suite is a lot larger). The layout is kind of like the Gem, but the mixed-sex area on the Jade is a lot smaller. It only has the heated loungers and the thalassotherapy pool (the Gem has two heated pools, plus showers and padded loungers in this area, in addition to the heated tile loungers).

The single-sex areas are better on the Jade: there is a full-size hot tub, and the steam room and dry sauna are larger than the Gem's. So I think the main problem is for mixed-sex couples who want to spend a lot of time together in the spa, because the mixed-sex facilities are more limited on the Jade.

My wife and I purchased the Thermal Spa passes on the recent Jade TA. What has already been said is correct. I also found the lounges in the mixed area too hot but it was just right for my wife. They were often occupied and I always had the feeling that I had to whisper or not talk at all as those there often looked like they were sleeping. With the limited facilities, we would not purchase the pass again, at least on the Jade.

I keep hesitating on the spa pass. Normally I purchase the weeks pass, and with Norway it will be nice and warm in the spa, but everyone states the jade spa is just blah. I'm afraid I would be disappointed having spa passes on all of the away ships. Still a toss up for me- if someone has photos of the padded lounging area that would help me decide. Ty in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

We have purchased the thermal spa passes on both of our Pearl cruises and will likely do the same on the Jade this February. Even though it is smaller we will likely go for it again. We even bought the thermal pass on the Brilliance of the Seas this past May on our 12 day Med cruise. I find the thermal spas a fantastic place to relax and it helps us go into vacation mode sooner.

I was on a recent Norway cruise on Jade and bought spa passes for myself and my wife. We enjoyed the spa but were only in it about 1 hour per sea day and occasionally on port days so don't really think I got my money's worth.

Even after dry-dock not much has changed based on the pictures above, I have some pics but not available to me at present.