Norwegian Wind 12/6 - 29/6

Silver Spectre

Mouth watering Seafood snaps, believe this Seafood market where the young Norwegian is cutting fresh fish is the cleanest seafood market stall I have seen. Mr. Silver has David decided on the dish(s) he will prepare for y'all to be served in the MDR. Thanks again for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mouth watering Seafood snaps, believe this Seafood market where the young Norwegian is cutting fresh fish is the cleanest seafood market stall I have seen. Mr. Silver has David decided on the dish(s) he will prepare for y'all to be served in the MDR. Thanks again for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what he is planning tonight, but he did a cooking demo of salmon three ways yesterday, poached, grilled and lightly cured, one of which was on last nights MDR menu. He did buy a lot of fresh fish and Salmon again today.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Terrific photos of fish market!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks.

Left Bergen at 11pm last night, still light enough to see the bridge. Light seas overnight and in Stavanger for a short visit this morning. Sunny but rather chilly outside. On our way again at 2pm and back out into the North Sea for our ride back to London.

Captains Farewell tonight. Hope he turns up, but he is not hosting a dinner table tonight and has barely been seen this voyage. Some days we did even get a noon time announcement.

Many many moons ago I was around the 'top end' of Norway in June.

On that ship my designated watch was 12x4.....four on eight off, eat when you can and sleep when you can as was the theme at the time apart from the six on six off in port:(

I remember one night watch when all was, seemingly, not well. It took me three hours to twig that it was because it was still light! It is an odd sensation when you are used to working in the dark. My body clock refused to adjust!

That was the same ship when one of our cadets, when sitting a navigation exam, was asked the reason as to why the sun didn't set and the 'midnight sun' phenomena occurred, his response was "because the earth is flatter at the poles (true) so there is less horizon for the sun to set behind.".:confused:

I am sure there was some reasoning behind the answer but I haven't a clue what! Having said that, when he was also asked the correct name of the "Dog Star" he replied "Pluto".

Sometimes it is easier admit defeat.

Again, on another ship we were in the same area in January .... sunrise 11:00am and sunset at 1:00pm.

Poles apart .... metaphorically speaking.

Rocking and rolling through the North Sea, pouring with rain, a heavy swell and pretty windy. Pool deck closed. David managed to get through his final cooking demo without a mishap.

We will be entering the Thames estuary (pronounced by the Captain as Times) at about 01:30 and reaching the barrier at about 6:30. Tower Bridge is scheduled to be raised at about 7:15 and we should be alongside HMS Belfast by 8.

The conspicuous absence of the Captain is strange...

Some of it is due to passing through the Fjords and having two Norwegian pilots on board for a lot of the time. However the Staff Captain has been out and about most days (he is English) and has been sociable.

Arma is just unsociable.

Rocking and rolling through the North Sea, pouring with rain, a heavy swell and pretty windy. Pool deck closed. David managed to get through his final cooking demo without a mishap.

We will be entering the Thames estuary (pronounced by the Captain as Times) at about 01:30 and reaching the barrier at about 6:30. Tower Bridge is scheduled to be raised at about 7:15 and we should be alongside HMS Belfast by 8.

Annoyingly a 7.15 am arrival at the tower would usually have me on the bridge filming the arrival (I start at 7am normally) .... unfortunately having just had a foot op yesterday, I'm unable to do so for the next couple of comings and goings.

I did manage to get a few photos of the op (whilst under general).... but I'll save everyone from any uploads if that. lol

Sounds like you've had a great time.... it's definitely one I'd love to do.

Annoyingly a 7.15 am arrival at the tower would usually have me on the bridge filming the arrival (I start at 7am normally) .... unfortunately having just had a foot op yesterday, I'm unable to do so for the next couple of comings and goings.

I did manage to get a few photos of the op (whilst under general).... but I'll save everyone from any uploads if that. lol

Sounds like you've had a great time.... it's definitely one I'd love to do.

That's a shame, but hope your foot heals soon.

Heading past Norfolk, pretty heavy fog for most of the afternoon. Not sure yet if I will be up for the bridge opening.

Really great bridge from Sally & Geoff from Melbourne on this voyage. This is one thing that SS does really well. Thank you Mr Fox!

The food and service on the Wind has been superb, the ship may creak a bit, but the staff are everything that makes SS a joy to travel on.

Thanks for all the updates and photos. Shame I couldn't be there to welcome you home with a wave! I suspect you were up for the passing through the bridge? I think I couldn't have resisted all the way from Dartford Crossing.

Was it Rotherhithe you picked up your tug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the updates and photos. Shame I couldn't be there to welcome you home with a wave! I suspect you were up for the passing through the bridge? I think I couldn't have resisted all the way from Dartford Crossing.

Was it Rotherhithe you picked up your tug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stayed in bed until we docked. Woken by the pilot boat at 6am, but got back to sleep. Nice to come home to sun. 281 guests onboard for the St Petersburg r/t, including to Aussies doing a b2b.7f4a3bb74aecd47c8724fe8e57d7ad38.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your Superb Cruise Reports and it was a pleasure to meet you both and enjoy your company at the Bridge Sessions - You are right that Sally & Geoff were a great Team.

As you say it was another fine experience on The Wind with the Staff again displaying what makes Silversea such a joy. I agree that the Food has been excellent with the added bonus of David being around.

Especially for BriMary I am pleased to say that this Cruise was nothing like our adventure last Year - back to what we expect from Silversea.