Carnival Hub App. Does it work on the ships well?

maddea20

Used it for the first time on the Vista last week and loved it. No more leaving notes, no more calling and hoping someone is in the room, no more leaving voice mails. You can change plans on the fly.

I will say the coverage is quite spotty. We could not get wifi on our balcony, a number of places on the pool deck, elevators of course, and other random dead spots. Sometimes each chat message would not go through, so we'd make a point of confirming each important message to make sure it was received.

You don't need to buy the internet package - in fact, if you don't need the messaging, you don't have to spend anything, you can get schedules, menus, etc. through the app over the ship's free wifi -- to add messaging, it's $5 per device for the length of the cruise.

Will have to update the app before my next cruise, we were not able to pull up the menus - not that I cared about that, but we may miss out on some other functionality...

Will definitely get the messaging on Carnival cruises going forward

Hello all,

I see Carnival has this new app called the Carnival Hub. I'm just guessing it's new as I've not cruised since 2015. I'm wondering if it works well on the ships and also if the Chat feature is worth purchasing? I would like a way for me and my mother who is cruising with me to communicate on the ship. We leave next week.

Thanks much! :)

Just departed the Sunshine today. Had a blast by the way!

We would have been lost without the chat - literally. We used it to find who found beach chairs where, among other things. If you have multiple people, just make sure everyone is listed on the thread. I think after port, people logged back on in our group of 6 at different times, so someone wouldn't be in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Hopefully I can get my mother on board with this chat feature because she told me last night she's scared to have her iPhone access public wifi so she doesn't want to use it. :rolleyes:

Just departed the Sunshine today. Had a blast by the way!

We would have been lost without the chat - literally. We used it to find who found beach chairs where, among other things. If you have multiple people, just make sure everyone is listed on the thread. I think after port, people logged back on in our group of 6 at different times, so someone wouldn't be in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked well for us in the glory. Do you have an old phone around? One you don't use? Reset to factory settings which should remove any data and use it. Dead phones can work in wifi and it won't have any real personal data. I did this with my son to keep him from "accidentally" removing from airplane mode.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

I just got off the Breeze on Sunday. The "new and improved" app works great.

New features were just added, so on top of the $5 for the chat option and Fun times,

you can link to your folio, weather at each of the ports, also see all of the photo proofs you have taken by the Carnival Crew.

We had issues on the time it took to download on our Iphone, but Androids didn't seem to have the same lag. It is a great app, just needs some fine tuning.

I just got off the Breeze on Sunday. The "new and improved" app works great.

New features were just added, so on top of the $5 for the chat option and Fun times,

you can link to your folio, weather at each of the ports, also see all of the photo proofs you have taken by the Carnival Crew.

We had issues on the time it took to download on our Iphone, but Androids didn't seem to have the same lag. It is a great app, just needs some fine tuning.

I had no problems with the Hub app when I used it, including the chat feature. Definitely worth having a phone in use for it (even if you don't use your phone for your camera like it so many do)