Carnivals fly2fun

NOSaints1

If you book airfare through Carnivals fly2fun, can you upgrade to let's say Delta comfort+ or United plus?

Or is it just strictly Economy

Once you book, you'll get an airline booking/confirmation number.

And once you get your "number" you may deal / pay the airline directly for something better than Economy.

We just got nice upgraded seats to Europe on Delta for an additional cost. However, our cruise is not until next year.

Let us know what you decide.

We're flying three days before our cruise to NO in April they quoted us 500 each from Toronto to New Orleans on American I don't know if that's a good deal

You need comparison to check if it is a good deal. Subscribe your email to flight fare alerts and compare.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

If you book airfare through Carnivals fly2fun, can you upgrade to let's say Delta comfort+ or United plus? Or is it just strictly Economy

It depends on the terms and conditions of the exact ticket that Carnival sells you. For instance, if they sell you a Delta E fare, that's a basic economy fare (not just any old economy ticket, but a particular fare class within economy) then no, you cannot upgrade. If they sell you one of the "regular" economy fares, then you MAY be able to upgrade, depending on upgrade inventory availability. You'll likely have to wait and see after you purchase the ticket.

That said, I'd think very carefully about upgrading to comfort+. All you really get is a couple extra inches of legroom and free drinks, but as I once told a friend who paid roughly $100 to upgrade to get free drinks, just buy the drinks a la carte; it ends up being a lot cheaper, LOL.

It's what the dw wants

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then just go to Americans website and buy what you want.

Going thru Carnivals Fly2Fun program is just going thru a consolidator.

Carnival agreed to purchase those tickets last year.

They negotiated price, restrictions, mileage restrictions, etc.

I could buy the ticket from Carnival today for the same route and my restrictions could be,,, non transferable, no mileage credit, non upgradeable, etc. And you could buy the same ticket 1 minute later from Carnival with no restrictions. It's all in the coding that is very hard to find.

Yes, it may be a bit more expensive to go directly with American, or whomever,,,, but really not that much if it's what DW WANTS.

Not giving DW what she wants can become very expensive

Once you book, you'll get an airline booking/confirmation number.

And once you get your "number" you may deal / pay the airline directly for something better than Economy.

We just got nice upgraded seats to Europe on Delta for an additional cost. However, our cruise is not until next year.

Let us know what you decide.

Incomplete answer.

Unless you are aware of the fare basis for your ticket, it is impossible to know if you can "upgrade" or even purchase a aisle or window seat. Also, you may have it "booked", but until a ticket is actually issued (usually meaning it is paid for), many seat and upgrade options are not available, even for reservation.

Best answer....maybe. Because the cruiseline air process is so opaque, you are buying a pig in a poke. Only afterwards can you find out just exactly what you bought. And don't believe that just because "it's the same flight", it is the same ticket. Vast differences can occur.