Mini Review of Top Deck Burger Bar on Constellation

TeeRick

Celebrity should raise the cruise prices by $150 then give a $100 OBC perk to be used only at on board restaurants and the TDBB. That should keep the masses happy.

We can get $150 p/p now as a perk. A lot of burgers on a 7 day sailing...

bon voyage

Will the Oceanview Cafe have veggieburgers?

Will the Oceanview Cafe have French fries?

Definitely french fries. Possibly veggie burgers depending on the day- but you could just ask for them and see what happens.

Why not?

$5 for 4 ounces (pre-cooked weight) is why not.

Burger and fries even at cheap fast food places is $5. On embarkation day, $5 to avoid crazy lines at buffet is worth it to me. We all see different things as big rip offs. To me, premium beverage package is a joke and not $5 for a high quality burger and fries.

We can get $150 p/p now as a perk. A lot of burgers on a 7 day sailing...

Bo, you apparently missed the purpose of the suggestion. It would be in addition to your $150pp OBC. It would be designed to generate substantially more profits and force the people to only be able to use the OBN at food venues. Your other OBN would be able to be used on anything.

Bo, you apparently missed the purpose of the suggestion. It would be in addition to your $150pp OBC. It would be designed to generate substantially more profits and force the people to only be able to use the OBN at food venues. Your other OBN would be able to be used on anything.

But it would exist to try and reinforce silly extra charge facilities that previously were not chargeable. So cruise prices would increase to provide burgers that previously were free? How is that an improvement? Perhaps then go on to to adding $300 to cover chargeable evening meals at $20 per eve, $150 for breakfast at $15 per day and $ 20 per port stop for disembarkation. Where does the extra charging stop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But it would exist to try and reinforce silly extra charge facilities that previously were not chargeable. So cruise prices would increase to provide burgers that previously were free? How is that an improvement? Perhaps then go on to to adding $300 to cover chargeable evening meals at $20 per eve, $150 for breakfast at $15 per day and $ 20 per port stop for disembarkation. Where does the extra charging stop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can pose the same question to airlines.

Well they already did it with the classic liquor packages to start by building it into the cruise fare. Then they recently shifted the call brands and canned soft drinks up from Classic to Premium to force the upgrade. So why not continue the paradigm shift with food until even the uninformed have an epiphany. That is the direction the current CEO has been taking celebrity for the past couple of years anyway.

As a shareholder, that would make me happy.

We just disembarked the Constellation. I only saw 1 group order from the Top Deco Burger Bar in 9 days. Of course I wasn't there all the time, though. I tried the burger and fries in Oceanview Cafe a few times, and they were terrible! The outside appeared to be cooked, but the inside was PINK!! The bun was old and crumbly. I tried the shoestring fries, medium fries, and steak fries. All 3 were bland and cold. I missed Princess's Grill so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Johhny Rockets is a fast food venue and likely uses USDA utility grade beef at best (i.e. extremely cheap, poor quality beef). If the TDBB is using USDA prime or choice, it requires a significantly heftier price - as the beef costs much, much more money to source. Now since Celebrity is engaging in false advertising and calling some of their beef "Kobe beef" at the TDBB (the equivalent of the jewelry shop calling cubic zirconia diamonds or the watch shop calling a knockoff Tag Heur), I am skeptical the beef is truly of high quality (an 8oz Kobe beef burger would have to cost approximately $200 just for the cruise line to break even).

It's the same as Champagne. If the beef isn't Wagyu and from Japan, it can't be called Kobe beef.

Pork belly is very similar to bacon; same part of the cow, but is uncured / not smoked - and usually tastier (wouldn't surprise me if when Celebrity is using the term "pork belly" what they are really serving is bacon). I don't think the burger that mentions pork belly is literally made out of pork belly, it is probably just their regular faux Kobe beef patty topped with pork belly or bacon (along with the other items described).

Not to be super picky, but bacon is pork belly, just smoked and sliced pork belly. It also isn't from a cow. It is from a pig. :confused:

Not to be super picky, but bacon is pork belly, just smoked and sliced pork belly. It also isn't from a cow. It is from a pig. :confused:

If you put lipstick on a pig, could you make her up to look like a cow? Pork is less expensive than beef ergo Imagine the profit margin serving pork as beef. ;p

By saying this, you've just told followers of certain Abrahamic faiths that they've been deceiving themselves about the religious suitability of their diet.

Not quite; bacon and pork belly come from the same part of the pig, but as I stated in my post bacon is a different preparation (more processed). Of course it comes from a pig, I had accidentally typed cow and didn't catch in time to edit. Also FYI Kobe beef is from a specific prefecture of Japan and specific strain of cattle and must be raised according to a certain set of rules - most Wagyu even from Japan is not Kobe beef. However other Japanese Wagyu can be incredible (and is more commonly found in US restaurants), I.e. Miyazaki beef.

In countries such as Malaysia if you order Bacon, which is widely available, it will be Beef Bacon.

In countries such as Malaysia if you order Bacon, which is widely available, it will be Beef Bacon.

Good point. While bacon in the US is usually from a pig, it by most definitions does not need to be. Even in the US I have had bacon from non-pigs served to me at restaurants, most commonly lamb bacon, but I have also had venison (deer) bacon and likely other animals over the years as well.

On Constellation right now. People are using the burger bar every day. Am traveling with 2 teen boys and my family has tried the burger bar on 3 different days so far.

The burgers are large, very tasty and well made. They are some of the best meals we had on this trip (including in Luminae, Tuscan and Qsine).

The staff is still working out the kinks in ordering and serving but nothing too troublesome. They really want to serve a nice burger.

No trouble finding a table.

The buffet has a huge section of burgers, hot dogs, assorted toppings, etc. Anyone who wants a free burger will have no trouble finding one.

Am personally happy to have the new venue.

On Constellation right now. People are using the burger bar every day. Am traveling with 2 teen boys and my family has tried the burger bar on 3 different days so far.

The burgers are large, very tasty and well made. They are some of the best meals we had on this trip (including in Luminae, Tuscan and Qsine).

The staff is still working out the kinks in ordering and serving but nothing too troublesome. They really want to serve a nice burger.

The buffet has a huge section of burgers, hot dogs, assorted toppings, etc. Anyone who wants a free burger will have no trouble finding one.

Thanks for the update. Are they still calling the meat "Kobe beef" or have they found a more accurate, appropriate name?

Glad you shared your perspective. Is the extra charge covered under your Suite perks?

Do you know, or can you find out, the composition of the burger?

Great news thanks for the update! Did anybody try the $10 hot dog?

We just disembarked the Constellation. I only saw 1 group order from the Top Deco Burger Bar in 9 days. Of course I wasn't there all the time, though. I tried the burger and fries in Oceanview Cafe a few times, and they were terrible! The outside appeared to be cooked, but the inside was PINK!! The bun was old and crumbly. I tried the shoestring fries, medium fries, and steak fries. All 3 were bland and cold. I missed Princess's Grill so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your description of that pink burger on the old bun with cold fries just made me throw up in my mouth!:fever:

Gotcha.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Celebrity should raise the cruise prices by $150 then give a $100 OBC perk to be used only at on board restaurants and the TDBB. That should keep the masses happy.

Wow, we would be paying $50 more than the food OBC?! I am sure Celebrity would go for that! Secondly, I am not in favor of big brother, i.e. Celebrity telling me what I have to spend my money on.

You could take that slippery slope argument to other items as well.

How about another fare increase of $300 and then have a $250 Spa OBC using your example. Not everyone uses the Spa just as not everyone cares about eating a $10 burger, etc.

Can't see them increasing the base price unless the price is competitive with other similar lines/itineraries. Otherwise they could price themselves out of the running.

Just hope Celebrity doesn't consider this, but they might! :)

On Constellation right now. The burgers are large, very tasty and well made. They are some of the best meals we had on this trip (including in Luminae, Tuscan and Qsine).

I'm glad your burgers made you happy. I'm wondering though, what does that say about the other venues' food if the burger was better than their meals?

Edited by ChucktownSteve