Equinox post cruise in Miami

10XCRUISE

This is our 35th cruise but we haven't used any post cruise services from Celebrity so hopefully someone can answer these 2 questions:

1. Does Celebrity still offer the post cruise "ship to airport luggage service"?

If so do you know the charge?

2. Post cruise, does Celebrity let you stay on board for an extended period of time

if you want a later debarkation? If so how much?

We have a very late flight on debarkation day and we would rather not drag suitcases around Miami.

Don't drag your suitcases around - taxi/Uber to South Beach, pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and then enjoy the beach, sight seeing, people watching, boozy lunch, shopping, etc. When you are ready to head to MIA collect your bags and catch the airport flyer bus to MIA for about $3 each. Uber from SB to MIA will be about $20+

I called Celebrity today and learned:

Luggage Valet is still available but only on S Class ships if you are flying on American,United and Delta. $25 per bag.

Luggage Lounge in South Beach is a great alternative.

Thanks for sharing the info with me.

Luggage Valet is still available but only on S Class ships if you are flying on American,United and Delta. $25 per bag.

Luggage valet is awesome. I believe it is $25 per person ... and they also check you in for your flight and deliver your boarding passes to your cabin the night before disembarkation. Of course, the time of your flight comes into play ... and they do also accept flights on Southwest if you are flying out of Ft Lauderdale.

Either way, sounds like you have some good options.

And Southwest. I just used it two days ago. Its priced by person, not by luggage, so since we had two bags together, and Southwest lets you have two bags free, it cost $25 total. Celebrity will print your boarding pass 24 hours before the flight and drop it off to your room, along with the luggage claim ticket. If your luggage doesn't make it for some reason, its all with the airline. Only negative on Southwest, your flight must be between 2:00pm and 6:00pm. Mine was and luggage arrived fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. The suggestions as posted by others are probably more suitable for your requirements but just to add to the mix we have 5.30 pm flights to UK from Miami from our Equinox cruise in November and have just booked the Celebrity excursion for last day in Miami. This is an everglades trip but they keep all luggage on the coach and then transfer passengers to either MIA or FLL airport. We have done similar shopping mall excursion previously and it means we have something planned for the last day to enjoy and no worries about getting to the airport.

This is all great news to hear that you can book a tour the day of disembarkation and the coach will hold on to your bags then transfer you to your airport. After our cruise our flights don't leave until 8 pm out of FLL on December 23. Wasn't sure if the Equinox luggage would work with that late of a time and out of FLL. Not usually a fan of bus tours but might be a better option than lugging suitcases around.

Luggage valet is fantastic! We disembarked in Miami with a 7pm flight out of FLL. We used luggage valet, spent the day at a resort and caught an uber back to FLL. Luggage was waiting for us when we arrived back in NY. Another perk is that you don't have to worry about over weight baggage charges with luggage valet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We had flights at 3:30 pm from Miami airport. We chose to take the Celebrity excursion which provided a bus tour of Miami. They kept our luggage until we were done with the tour on a double decker bus and then transported us, along with our luggage, by bus to the airport.

It was a nice way to spend the time between disembarkation and flying out. It gave us a bird's eye view of some of Miami's neighborhoods. We rode through South Beach, Miami Beach and Little Havana. We also had about an hour to walk around at a shopping g area before it was time to board the bus to the airport.

Important detail: You do have to get your luggage to the check-in area for the excursion bus from the luggage pickup area when you come off the ship. If you can't manage that, the valet luggage service may be the better choice.

• 6 months later...

Cruisin' lady....Was this the Celebrity Hop on/Hop off bus tour? Or The Ultimate Miami Experience with Lunch Tour? What time did you arrive at the airport? We do not fly out until 4:30, so we have a good part of the day to enjoy Miami.

Thanks!

Cruisin' lady....Was this the Celebrity Hop on/Hop off bus tour? Or The Ultimate Miami Experience with Lunch Tour? What time did you arrive at the airport? We do not fly out until 4:30, so we have a good part of the day to enjoy Miami.

Thanks!

We were on the HOHO. It was a double decker bus tour. We got off for a short time in Little Havana when the bus stopped near a Cuban restaurant. We also spent some timeat a shopping area while we waited for the bus that would take us to the airport. That bus held our luggage for us while we were on the HOHO Tour. Despite the rain we encountered (early May), we enjoyed the quick tour of Miami. Our flight was at 3:30 so they had us take the 1:00 pm bus to the airport.

Just as an FYI, Luggage Valet isn't available on all sailings some times. It wasn't on our Eclipse cruise last month. We were sooooo disappointed since we had several pieces off luggage and a late flight.

There was also another poster recently that posted that they weren't offering Luggage Valet on his S Class sailing either. I don't know why some sailings do and some sailings don't offer it. Good luck. I hope they offer it for you. It's very convenient.