Main Dining Room menus for The Escape

Hello Future Escape Cruisers, I'm sailing on the Escape September 16, 2017. I would like the view the MDR menus. I purchased a 3 night SDP, and want to see what night to use them. I did check out the Beyond Ships, and Eat, Sleep websites. Not sure how current they are. If your on the Escape in the next couple of months and do a review. Can you take photos of the menus. Or if someone not doing a review, just wants to post them...I'm sure others would like to see them too. Thank you!!

They don't necessarily use the same menus on the same night on each cruise, so this may not work for you.

There are about 16 menus available and they do swap them around. I'm not sure how much that happens on the Escape specifically.

They don't necessarily use the same menus on the same night on each cruise, so this may not work for you.

There are about 16 menus available and they do swap them around. I'm not sure how much that happens on the Escape specifically.

That's true, they can swap them around but I'm not sure how often they do that. With provisioning perhaps they stick to a mostly set plan for the seven day cruises?

We were on the Escape in January and June of this year. I didn't track all of the menus but I did watch for my favorite souffle desserts. The dessert menus appeared to be tied to a specific day's menu. On each of these two cruises they had Coconut Souffle on day 4 and Apple Souffle on day 7. I believe the menus for those two days were the same on both cruises.

Hello Future Escape Cruisers, I'm sailing on the Escape September 16, 2017. I would like the view the MDR menus. I purchased a 3 night SDP, and want to see what night to use them. I did check out the Beyond Ships, and Eat, Sleep websites. Not sure how current they are. If your on the Escape in the next couple of months and do a review. Can you take photos of the menus. Or if someone not doing a review, just wants to post them...I'm sure others would like to see them too. Thank you!!

NCL ships all use the same menu's.

Like any chain restaurant they want the same product comeing out of every kitchen.

That's true, they can swap them around but I'm not sure how often they do that. With provisioning perhaps they stick to a mostly set plan for the seven day cruises?

We were on the Escape in January and June of this year. I didn't track all of the menus but I did watch for my favorite souffle desserts. The dessert menus appeared to be tied to a specific day's menu. On each of these two cruises they had Coconut Souffle on day 4 and Apple Souffle on day 7. I believe the menus for those two days were the same on both cruises.

When we were on the Epic in Europe, we were told that they change the menus around depending on the mix of passengers. For example, they have some menus down as being more popular amongst people from different nationalities or age groups.

I suspect that may be more relevant on European cruises, which is why I mentioned that I couldn't talk specifically for the Escape. It could be that the menus are more consistent on some ships or itineraries. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if some menus are consistently used on specific days, but on other days they are mixed up more.

Personally, I make any bookings for speciality restaurants based on what we are doing during the day, rather than anything else.

Thank you very much for your replies!!! I may just wait until I board, check out the menus, then plan what nights on where to eat. There were 3 nights menus that none of the main courses sounded good to me. Trying to avoid those nights in the MDR.

Thanks again!!! Brian

I did take some menu photos (I'm not sure which restaurants) on the Escape last September. If you would be interested in them, just ask and I'll post them.

Hello Jobey, if it is not too much trouble, I would like very much to see the menus you had. Thank you!!! Brian

Thank you very much for your replies!!! I may just wait until I board, check out the menus, then plan what nights on where to eat. There were 3 nights menus that none of the main courses sounded good to me. Trying to avoid those nights in the MDR.

Thanks again!!! Brian

You can find the menus for each night on the interactive wall kiosks that are located all over the ship. I always used one by the stairwells forward. On the same kiosks you can sign up for entertainment or see what the entertainment is that night. I wish they would show the weeks MDR menus but they only had that evenings. I would also suggest that as soon as you board you check and see what free show & dinner is in the Supper club so you can sign up for a night. It's a pre-set menu with a pretty good 45 minute show. If you don't like the food they serve during the show, you can always head to a MDR or O'Sheehans after. Have a great cruise:D

Thanks again!!! Brian

Don't overlook the Buffet.

Last week I did see both Filet Mignon and shrimp cocktail there.

You can find the menus for each night on the interactive wall kiosks that are located all over the ship. I always used one by the stairwells forward. On the same kiosks you can sign up for entertainment or see what the entertainment is that night. I wish they would show the weeks MDR menus but they only had that evenings. I would also suggest that as soon as you board you check and see what free show & dinner is in the Supper club so you can sign up for a night. It's a pre-set menu with a pretty good 45 minute show. If you don't like the food they serve during the show, you can always head to a MDR or O'Sheehans after. Have a great cruise:D

Thank you, Sand and Seas. You are full of work derail advice!! I booked my dinner reservations while in board the BA, and GA on the cabin tv. Had not thought to use the kiosks to check menus. I usually head to OSheehans right before turning in for the night..good people watching, and just the food I'm looking for at 2am. 😳😳Thanks again!!! Brian

Don't overlook the Buffet.

Last week I did see both Filet Mignon and shrimp cocktail there.

Wow, nice, filet and shrimp on the buffet. I usually check it out before or after dinner to see what is being offered...always grab a few things 😳😳 Thanks for letting me know!!! Brian

Thank you Keith, I wasn't aware they had so many menus to chose from, for each cruise. I guess I thought for a 7 day cruise, they had 7 menus and would change them out every few years...make it simpler for the galley staff and maybe more economical?? Cruisers doing B2B on the same ship, probably like the 16 menu concept.

Thank you for enlightening me!!!

Brian

I am concerned about eating, B L & Dinner.. we have 3 free dining , which i think I'm eating , Steak Le Celliars , French Le Bistro and Italian Le Celliars,, now as far as other 4 nites, I'm wondering , we are wheelchair bound, so really don't plan on any excursions , so just want to relax , few drinks and eat comfortably without worrying about sitting ,, do was contemplating on if i should buy another 3 dinner meal pkg.. Any opionions,,, Help please

Wow, nice, filet and shrimp on the buffet. I usually check it out before or after dinner to see what is being offered...always grab a few things 😳😳 Thanks for letting me know!!! Brian

I would have cleared em out of the fillet Mignon.

I am concerned about eating, B L & Dinner.. we have 3 free dining , which i think I'm eating , Steak Le Celliars , French Le Bistro and Italian Le Celliars,, now as far as other 4 nites, I'm wondering , we are wheelchair bound, so really don't plan on any excursions , so just want to relax , few drinks and eat comfortably without worrying about sitting ,, do was contemplating on if i should buy another 3 dinner meal pkg.. Any opionions,,, Help please

Not sure of your question but I believe you want to avoid the buffet? Just go to the Main Dining Rooms for breakfast & lunch on sea days and for your other dinners. I believe main dining room is open for breakfast on port days so you can do sit down there those days. For lunch on port days the buffet shouldn't be as crowded as a normal day or you can hit Blue Lagoon or O'Sheehan's (not sure what ship you are on).

Not sure of your question but I believe you want to avoid the buffet? Just go to the Main Dining Rooms for breakfast & lunch on sea days and for your other dinners. I believe main dining room is open for breakfast on port days so you can do sit down there those days. For lunch on port days the buffet shouldn't be as crowded as a normal day or you can hit Blue Lagoon or O'Sheehan's (not sure what ship you are on).

Thanks, am on the Escape in Dec 9th Sailing.. Not to crazy about Buffets, have heard its great and i'm ok for lunch or even breakfast,, but I do like sit down and being served for dinner,, to top it off we are PIA picky eaters, steak and potatoe, so wasn't sure if i should buy the 3 extra meals PP, i think my husband is going to like Cagneys, and will probably do that twice , who knows, still have time to think about it, just more than anything want weather to be nice

Thanks again!!! Brian

The Escape has 14 main dining room menus that they rotate through (that way trips like the back-to-back Eastern/Western Caribbean there are no repeats).

BUT,,, since many people have 3+ night SDPs, prime time reservations (5:30-8:00) will become increasingly hard to get if you don't make reservations early. Teppanyaki will sell out quickly. Cagney's will sell out of prime time quickly. Don't think that you'll look at the menu in the morning and will get a reservation at a specialty restaurant that evening,,, unless you eat at 9:30ish. And you need to plan around your reservations for theater shows (After Midnight and For the Record: The Brat Pack).

We used our SDP at Pincho's Tapa Bar for lunch one day. We just kept ordering small plates until we were over-full. It was a great way to try lots of different dishes.

The main dining rooms have good selections of meat and potatoes. You can always add a pkg or do ala carte after trying MDR and/or a specialty restaurant.

Thanks, am on the Escape in Dec 9th Sailing.. Not to crazy about Buffets, have heard its great and i'm ok for lunch or even breakfast,, but I do like sit down and being served for dinner,, to top it off we are PIA picky eaters, steak and potatoe, so wasn't sure if i should buy the 3 extra meals PP, i think my husband is going to like Cagneys, and will probably do that twice , who knows, still have time to think about it, just more than anything want weather to be nice

There is always steak on the main dining room menu. The menu has two sections. "Classic" meals available every night. And "specials of the day" which rotate. There is always a steak on the classic menu. There are other recognizable meats on the specials.

I'm will you. A proper seated meal when ever we are on the ship is what we do. The buffet is for a quick drive by to pick up an ice cream cone in the afternoon.

As others have said you can get steak & potatoes in main dining rooms. You can avoid the buffet for every meal if you want. I love sit down breakfast (if I'm awake in time) and lunch in the MDRs. And the lunch menu varies slightly each day (it did on my last cruise).

Sorry , meant to say steak @ cagneys,, saw a video of 2 girls and family eating outside ( waterfront ) during leaving St Thomas, was so pretty , especially being sunset, and just others ships leaving also , was pretty, I'm not going to December, have no idea what time to make that reservation,, any suggestions ?