AMA Lyra embarkation Paris

ConnMom

My husband and I just signed up for the September 28 Normandy cruise roundtrip from Paris. Could people who have taken this cruise please let me know where the Lyra is docked and how AMA handles embarkation. I am trying to plan our pre-cruise time in Paris and would like to know what time we need to be on the riverboat, what time we sail, and whether passengers travel individually to the pier or from a central location in Paris in a group. Is there anything else I need to know? I won't have our documents for several months, but I need to do some planning now.

Thank you.

Cheryl

My husband and I just signed up for the September 28 Normandy cruise roundtrip from Paris. Could people who have taken this cruise please let me know where the Lyra is docked and how AMA handles embarkation. I am trying to plan our pre-cruise time in Paris and would like to know what time we need to be on the riverboat, what time we sail, and whether passengers travel individually to the pier or from a central location in Paris in a group. Is there anything else I need to know? I won't have our documents for several months, but I need to do some planning now.

Thank you.

Cheryl

Hi even though we didn't sail Ama in Paris, we did sail with them on the Danube. Ama allows you to go directly to the ship and drop off your luggage. You are welcome to stay in any of the public areas of the ship. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AMA is very flexible about embarkation and disembarkation. You are welcome to arrive as early as you like; you can drop off your luggage, have lunch or veg in the lounge, go sightseeing, whatever. At the end of your trip you have to vacate the cabin, but you can store your luggage, hang out in the lounge (free lunch again), whatever you want until it's time to head off. Very civilized.

Thank you both for the feedback. I conclude that we will be responsible for getting ourselves to the ship, and that we can drop off our luggage after checking out of our hotel, and then go back out for some last minute sightseeing.

Does anyone have an idea what time the boat leaves Paris and how late we may be able to board? We will be in Paris for 3 nights prior to the cruise, but my list of things to do is becoming quite long, and we are hoping to tour in Paris well into the afternoon before we embark.

Does anyone know where the boat docks and what time it generally leaves? Is there anything else we should know?

I haven't taken this AMA itinerary, but on both of our AMA cruises the first activity was the mandatory safety drill and Welcome reception, followed immediately by dinner. They should have this information when you arrive at the ship. As to where the ship will be: that information should be in your cruise documents, and -- just in case it changes at the last minute -- also a phone number for the ship.

We are on the AmaLyra on April 27. Our documents say official embarkation time is 3 pm at Port de Javel Bas. Departure is at 10 pm. It says if you arrive earlier you may check your luggage on board and relax in the main lounge or explore the area.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We are on the AmaLyra on April 27. Our documents say official embarkation time is 3 pm at Port de Javel Bas. Departure is at 10 pm. It says if you arrive earlier you may check your luggage on board and relax in the main lounge or explore the area.

Yes but one would want to attend the welcome cocktail party, the welcome dinner and the safety drill I would imagine.

3 pm seems a very reasonable time to embark - giving us an opportunity to do our last half day of sightseeing in the city and also enough time to make our way to the port and get settled before the welcome activities. Thank you, Hawk, for sharing the "official" word and the docking location. Have a great trip - and please share your experiences if you have a chance when you get home.

We are arriving a day early, so our plan is to take the transfer from the airport to the hotel (Duquesne Eiffel), store our luggage, as it will probably be too early to check in, and then sightsee for the rest of the day. We have a transfer at 10 am from the hotel to the ship, so we will hopefully be able to put our luggage somewhere and sightsee some more until close to 3 pm.

Thank you.

Cheryl

We sailed this itinerary on the Ama Legro in 2013.

The ship was docked at Qui Andre Citroen about a 20 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.

As I recall we arrived at the ship around 1:00 PM, dropped our bags off, freshened up and had a light lunch onboard, then walked through Paris and back along the banks of the Seine to the ship for dinner.

We departed the dock around 9:30 that evening.

The Ama web site has a map showing the two Paris docking locations under the "already booked" tab.

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if AMA still uses the 2 docking locations, but I guess it doesn't matter much to us. We will get to the boat by cab, wherever it is located. I am so glad that it will be close enough to continue sightseeing after dropping our luggage.

I have been working on flights and pre-cruise hotel arrangements this week. We are considering hotels on the left bank in the St. Germain district and also near the Louvre on the right bank. I am leaning toward one on the left bank, the Melia Colbert, hoping that the area has both charm and convenience. September seems far off now, and I am surprised that numerous hotels are sold out, so I will relax and map out our time in Paris once I get the flight and lodging nailed down.

If anyone has any wisdom to share, I will be avidly reading these boards. I so appreciate the information I have gotten here over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get to the AmaLyra for embarkation at Port Javel Bas and are looking for something to do, there is a beautiful park with lovely gardens right next to the where the ship is docked. It is Park Andre Citroen and is the one with big helium balloon in it. My wife and I really enjoyed exploring it.