Silver Wind in top form

Perfectionistcruiser

We are just concluding the first nine days of Monaco to Rome and it has been an excellent cruise in every way.

A full ship for this Easter Cruise and I understand also for the next cruise, which we are staying on for, from Rome to Venice.

Crew,food and weather have all been outstanding, finally chilly today, but full sun in Sorrento.

A big highlight for many of the Crew was a visit from Captain ( now retired) Corsaro for lunch on board when we were in Sicily on Wednesday, and he was well entertained in La Terrazza for Luncheon by Captain Rota and a large compliment of the Ships Officers.

So very good to see him and see the respect with which he is held by all at Silversea.

Thank you so much for your positive comments on The Wind. With all the attention placed on The Muse at present it is pleasing to hear that our much loved Wind is still performing well. We will be on her again in June for a Norwegian Cruise which we are greatly looking forward to. No doubt the Crew are as wonderful as always ?

We are just concluding the first nine days of Monaco to Rome and it has been an excellent cruise in every way. Crew,food and weather have all been outstanding, finally chilly today, but full sun in Sorrento.

Appreciate this nice update and details from your Silver Wind sailing. Our “Silver Box” from Silversea arrived this morning and it is now seven weeks till we fly to Lisbon on June 9 and 54 days till we do our Silver Spirit sail-away on June 14 to go up that Atlantic Coast to Rouen, France. Great to hear that the quality has been holding up well during this period when much of the management focus has been on the debut of the Silver Muse. Great points and comments from Mayflower1.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 31,345 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Perfectionist cruiser; thanks for the very positive Silver Wind update. Very happy to hear you had a good Wind voyage and also, thanks for sharing some details of Captain Angelo's "welcome home La Terraza lunch."

Mr. Silver, also dearly hope your Wind documents showing Flam vs London Tower as embarkation port is a joke/print error. Part of the reason we booked our mid July Wind Norway voyage was to enjoy another "iconic" sail away from London Tower Bridge.

What an incredibly awful mistake that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a sloppy set of printing errors, there are three in the first 5 pages. Someone in the document printing department had a bad day. Not sure if anyone else has suffered but this is the second consecutive cock up with the travel journal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trust you are enjoying or about to enjoy the Wind. We might join you on one of the cruises from the Tower, we trust not from Flam. We love the .Wind but were disappointed when the shower on the bath in their Vista suites became a fixed head. Have they reverted to the more usual flexible shower.

Trust you are enjoying or about to enjoy the Wind. We might join you on one of the cruises from the Tower, we trust not from Flam. We love the Wind but were disappointed when the shower on the bath in their Vista suites became a fixed head. Have they reverted to the more usual flexible shower.

Pleased to read your comments as we join the Wind for the first time in July - heading for Norway from Tower Bridge. How is the WiFi on this ship? We like to keep in touch with home if possible when cruising.

The wifi is good now on the wind, they installed a new satellite dish last Saturday and it's now much quicker. You get one hour free maybe more for premium suites and then there are a variety of packages you can purchase.

Thank you. It's good to hear about the speed upgrade. We tend to compose our messages off-line and then log on just to send, so one hour free will probably be sufficient for us.

hi perfectionist

Glad you enjoyed your trip. I heard that Wind went through recent refurb, but their site states that last refurb was 2008. I'm just wondering what updates to the rooms and other areas were actually done. Agent told me that no DVD in room, but had been included prior, not sure if updates/changes to tv as well as the wifi occurred inside rooms. More specifically vista rooms.

Thanks in advance

Eliana, CamMag, know well that Silver Spectre would love to have you join him on the Wind for Norway in June. CamMag look forward to sailing with you in/around Norway on the Wind in July. Please consider joining either the June or July Wind/Norway roll call, pls see:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=898

Also, recommend you register for the Wind and CC meet & mingle (we need six cruise critics to sign up) to have a hosted meet & mingle on board.

Perfectionist, nice comments and agree 100% as we were on the Wind for the same journey from Monte Carlo to Rome. I could not find a single thing to complain about the ship or crew. It was a wonderful 9 days with great weather, temps in the 70's, albeit cool two days, and calm seas.

As for the printing mistakes mentioned by others, we experienced that with this cruise. The Journal arrived with our documents and the first few pages spoke about a journey on the Wind some ten years ago with totally different itinerary. Proof readers need to step up their game. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad I read this thread before my first silver box arrived. Very smart Journal with our names on the front and initially impressive until I see that we are supposedly going on an 8 day cruise (instead of 17 night) although we are, at least, apparently departing from the correct port. A shame someone hasn't proofed this!

We did at least get a replacement with the correct information after a mild grumble. It's not just the proofreading it's a lack of care and attention to detail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We haven't travelled with SS before and I do set store by administrative efficiency and accuracy. This isn't something which has to be prepared in a hurry so it's a shame they can't get it right!

Thanks, Perfectionistcruiser, for your assessment of the condition of the Wind. We are planning on sailing her in May 2018. Hopefully she will be treated well, since she is well loved.

I am going on the Silver Wind in May 2018 too. What cruise are you planning to take? I will be on the Athens-Rome itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be sailing on the March 30th Silver Wind Caribbean Cruise. I am not familiar with the "Silver Box"..... can someone fill me in? Thanks!

Silversea will send you a journal of your cruise, case tags and a personalised credit card style luggage tag about 3 weeks before your departure in a "silver box". i.e. It refers to the packaging. It's lovely to receive as it signifies your cruise will be starting soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk