NOLA luggage drop

A&Jfamily

We will be spending a couple of. Ugh ya at the Hilton Riverside. We plan on going to WWII museum on Monday morning before our CCL departs. Can someone help me with a plan to get luggage to the ship? What time will porters be available and with staggered check in can you walk from the Riverside, give it to a porter and then walk to the museum?

If it helps I am platinum, and so far, even though my kids are in their own room, because they are under 21 and unable to cruise without me, they have allowed them to check in platinum with us.

Appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a lot of walking. Doable if the weather is good and you are not toting a lot of luggage, but I would look for an easier way. The porters will be very busy with the departing passengers, and I don't know how early they will be accepting departure luggage.

If I were you I would have the Hilton hold your luggage after you check out. They will do that. Then walk or ride to the museum. Walk or ride back to the Hilton and pick up your luggage. You can walk to the terminal through the Riverwalk. If you are in reasonably good shape and your luggage rolls, this should work.

You're trying to do the WWII museum on embarkation day? That's rough. It took me 3 hours (45 mins was the film) but other than that it was walking through the exhibits at a pretty quick pace. Not reading anything or watching any of the videos that are at each stop. Next time I want to allow 5 hours.

• 1 month later...
You're trying to do the WWII museum on embarkation day? That's rough. It took me 3 hours (45 mins was the film) but other than that it was walking through the exhibits at a pretty quick pace. Not reading anything or watching any of the videos that are at each stop. Next time I want to allow 5 hours.

We were thinking of arriving at 9 am when the museum opened and staying til 1pm before heading to get our luggage and boarding.

Depending on return flights, we also might have Saturday once back in port to visit before flying home that night or the next morning.

All depends on the flights we end up with....

We were thinking of arriving at 9 am when the museum opened and staying til 1pm before heading to get our luggage and boarding.

Depending on return flights, we also might have Saturday once back in port to visit before flying home that night or the next morning.

All depends on the flights we end up with....

You should be good then. A lot of people try to get to the port early. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think you could get through that museum in an hour or something.