alaskan cruise with 2 kids - NCL Pearl or Celebrity Infinity?

dish0

Looking to take an Alaskan cruise with 2 kids this summer (ages 7 and 9) Trying to decide between these 2 ships - will likely go with Balcony room.

I've only been on one cruise before NCL Epic and we liked it - but kids weren't with us. We loved the specialty dining options on the ship.

Any thoughts on pros/cons of these 2 ships?

Why are you limiting yourself to just two ships? Alaska is about the experience, not the ship. Find the itinerary that works best for you, then figure out the ship.

^^^this!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why are you limiting yourself to just two ships? Alaska is about the experience, not the ship. Find the itinerary that works best for you, then figure out the ship.

That's what I did to come down to these 2 options - was hoping someone might be able to help me narrow it down to a final choice.

NCL Pearl. Better itinerary. Visits Glacier Bay and Skagway. Guaranteed to see glaciers. Ships often don't make it to Sawyer Glacier because of ice, and occasionally are fogged out of Hubbard. EM

I can't help with ships but I can recommend booking a private whale watching trip in Juneau (if you are stopping there) with a stop at the glacier. Fantastic and they were able to cater to my kids.

In Skagway, we rented a car and drove into the Yukon to Emerald lake with lots of stops along the way. You can find lots of information on that on the ports of call board. The kids loved the Carcoss desert as well as the stop there for lunch and to play with the sled dog puppies. Some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen in my life. Also, back in the town, there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE beach with a lake at the base of the mountains. Amazing.

PS - we went with Princess for the giant balcony on the Carib deck where all 4 of us could easily be out there....something to consider....

NCL Pearl. Better itinerary. Visits Glacier Bay and Skagway. Guaranteed to see glaciers. Ships often don't make it to Sawyer Glacier because of ice, and occasionally are fogged out of Hubbard. EM

Thank you this was a huge help!