Pier 91 to Seatac Recommendations

VaFl&Md

Hello, Hello! We are first-time cruisers; myself, husband, two sons (11 and 12), and my 80-year-old parents. We are on the Ruby Princess June 17. We will arrive Seattle a couple of days early, planning to rent a car, and staying in a hotel about 30 minutes from the pier. I would love input on the best way to get to the pier for departure, but my real concern is the day we return. My parents' flight is 11AM so they will not be able to take advantage of the port valet, but I am looking to get them off the ship and into a car/shuttle service as quickly and easily as possible. I am renting wheelchairs for them for the week and have requested wheelchairs for embarkation/debarkation if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance for any recommendations! We are beyond excited!

Hi,

30 mins in which direction ? Any by car ? Saturday traffic is usually light, but if you are east of Seattle, bridge lane closures are not uncommon.

11am departure from Seatac usually means getting to the airport at 9am. Is that realistic given the disembaraction times ? Uber may be a viable option.

FYI the traffic has been brutal by the airport lately. Backups past the cell phone lot usually means an extra 10-15 mins to the departures area. Saw it Monday while on the link......

Thank you for all of the responses. The flight has been booked for a couple of months. My family is headed home to a different part of the country so I was trying to help get my parents to their home as smoothly as possible. 11AM was the latest non-stop flight that gets them home before 8PM.

We have a private car reserved for our pickup from Pier 91 to SeaTac (we are also using them for pickup from airport to hotel and then from hotel to pier). We have an SUV booked due to luggage and the size of my group, but your parents may be able to just use a sedan which is approx. $55 IIRC. They have very good reviews and have been very responsive whenever I have contacted them- https://www.seatowncar.com/reservations.php

Due to the early flight time it may be better to have a car ready and personally waiting for your parents. Enjoy your cruise!

MY recommendation is for SEATAC TOWNCAR SERVICE. His name is AJ and we use him whenever we are in Seattle. Call 206 697-5577 and get a quote or check out www.seatactowncar.com If you feel like it tell him Charlene from San Diego says HELLO !!!!

You won't regret booking with them :) and have an awesome cruise

We have also returned to SEATAC for 11:00 flights. We just get up early, hope that customs clears the ship, self disembark and get our ride to the airport in plenty of time. Has worked so far anyway.

Edited by VacationingCharlene

Thank you for all of the responses. The flight has been booked for a couple of months. My family is headed home to a different part of the country so I was trying to help get my parents to their home as smoothly as possible. 11AM was the latest non-stop flight that gets them home before 8PM.

Although the mobility issues and the added distance from Pier 91 do add complications, I think you should be fine with the 11am flight.

I would definitely reserve them a town car, and have it waiting at the pier. Take the earliest disembarkation you can arrange. Not sure how Princess works, but NCL's first disembarkation is for those walking off with their bags. If Princess has something like that, and you can manage it with your group, I would do that.

a metered cab will be about $60. Agree that 11 am is a very early flight.

Yellow Cab, which has the contract for taxi service from Pier 91 is a flat rate of $40 from 91 to SeaTac. That was the price last season (2016) and it is the same this year. I confirmed that with the gentleman who handles the taxis at Pier 91 earlier this season. That's not to say, however, that a cab driver might not try to run the meter during a trip, so I would confirm the flat rate fee prior to loading into the cab. If the driver balks at that, ask to see the site taxi supervisor and he will be more than happy to "educate" the driver very quickly.

Tom

Hello, Hello! We are first-time cruisers; myself, husband, two sons (11 and 12), and my 80-year-old parents. We are on the Ruby Princess June 17. We will arrive Seattle a couple of days early, planning to rent a car, and staying in a hotel about 30 minutes from the pier. I would love input on the best way to get to the pier for departure, but my real concern is the day we return. My parents' flight is 11AM so they will not be able to take advantage of the port valet, but I am looking to get them off the ship and into a car/shuttle service as quickly and easily as possible. I am renting wheelchairs for them for the week and have requested wheelchairs for embarkation/debarkation if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance for any recommendations! We are beyond excited!

You should have no problem getting your parents to SeaTac in time to catch their flight. Get them into one of the early walk-off groups off the Ruby and they'll probably be off the ship, through customs and out to the bus lot before 8am. At that time they should have no problem catching a cab (flat rate of $40 from Pier 91 to SeaTac-see my earlier message one before this one on that subject). Time to to SeaTac depends on traffic and will vary from 20 minutes (was that quickly last week for at least awhile) to 45 minutes or an hour if the traffic is heavy. In any event, they should make it in time for their flight. Check the Roll Call for your cruise (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313114) for more info on your cruise.

Tom

We have a private car reserved for our pickup from Pier 91 to SeaTac (we are also using them for pickup from airport to hotel and then from hotel to pier). We have an SUV booked due to luggage and the size of my group, but your parents may be able to just use a sedan which is approx. $55 IIRC. They have very good reviews and have been very responsive whenever I have contacted them- https://www.seatowncar.com/reservations.php

Due to the early flight time it may be better to have a car ready and personally waiting for your parents. Enjoy your cruise!

Not the OP, but thank you for this, Smithkids!! We are in Maryland, too, and will be traveling to Seattle in late August. I haven't been there since the 80's - and just came to CC today to look for town car info. Happy travels, and thank you again!

MY recommendation is for SEATAC TOWNCAR SERVICE. His name is AJ and we use him whenever we are in Seattle. Call 206 697-5577 and get a quote or check out www.seatactowncar.com If you feel like it tell him Charlene from San Diego says HELLO !!!!

You won't regret booking with them :) and have an awesome cruise

I find it interesting that you plaster this on every Seatac transportation thread, but there are no reviews for him on Yelp and only one on Tripadvisor.

We got off the Amsterdam on Monday and used AJ based on Vacationing Charlenes recommendation and could not have been more pleased. We used him four times. Airport to downtown hotel. Hotel to Pier 91. Pier 91 to SeaTac. One time to go to the theatre. Each time he was there when he said he would be. Getting off the ship Monday at 8:15AM was the easiest disembarkation ever of 65 previous cruises. Once again AJ was right where he said he would be at the time he said he would be. We were at SeaTac at 9:00AM.

We got off the Amsterdam on Monday and used AJ based on Vacationing Charlenes recommendation and could not have been more pleased. We used him four times. Airport to downtown hotel. Hotel to Pier 91. Pier 91 to SeaTac. One time to go to the theatre. Each time he was there when he said he would be. Getting off the ship Monday at 8:15AM was the easiest disembarkation ever of 65 previous cruises. Once again AJ was right where he said he would be at the time he said he would be. We were at SeaTac at 9:00AM.

Thanks for the review. We are thinking of using him hotel to pier and pier to airport.

Hahahahha.....AWESOME REVIEW! Thanks guys. I do indeed try to help AJ as there are so many transportation questions asked daily for SeaTac etc. If I can help a friend I will. I get NOTHING from helping him out. AJ is awesome and I am proud to assist, if I can, by getting him some clients. THANKS Ocala Cruisers. Book with AJ and you will NOT be unhappy. Happy cruising everyone :D

I just called and spoke to AJ. I found it strange he just needed my first name and phone number to book? He said he would text me with a confirmation. I haven't received it yet but it hasn't been thirty minutes since I got off the phone so he may just be busy. Is this how it was when you booked? I'm a little nervous and looking for reinsurance. I asked him if I should go through the website but he said no. He said it would cost $90 for 7 people (from Pier 91 to airport).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just called and spoke to AJ. I found it strange he just needed my first name and phone number to book? He said he would text me with a confirmation. I haven't received it yet but it hasn't been thirty minutes since I got off the phone so he may just be busy. Is this how it was when you booked? I'm a little nervous and looking for reinsurance. I asked him if I should go through the website but he said no. He said it would cost $90 for 7 people (from Pier 91 to airport).

Did you ever get a confirmation?

I never received a confirmation text. I'm going to call and cancel....just makes me nervous. I'm thinking of going with Sea Town Car. They responded by email immediately and seem to have good reviews on Yelp. Any other thoughts are welcome.

Do NOT be worried. Communication is the key to everything. CALL AJ and tell him you are concerned (even though you don't need to be as he is VERY reliable). (206) 697-5577 Tell him you would like some written communication to verify your pick up date and times. PLEASE, he is a great guy, very reliable and you will NOT be sorry. Then, a couple days before your pickup, in case you scheduled way in advance, VERIFY that all is on schedule....like we do with ANY and ALL reservations.

I know some people are tired of seeing me be AJ's advocate but I really feel compelled to pass on good service whenever I can. I get NOTHING from it. I am a huge TripAdvisor reviewer, Charlene351, and have many good and bad things to comment on.

Happy sailing ............

Or just get an UberXL, UberX, Lyft, UberBLACK, UberSELECT or UberSUV, which will universally have 4.5/5.0 or better ratings and will be there within minutes of your request.

I live here and use livery service constantly (airport, pier, part of my commute): in hundreds of rides I've had one experience bad enough to rate feedback to Lyft.

This is a big city with high adoption of transportation apps, and getting a ride isn't this hard or peril-fraught.

• 3 weeks later...
I never received a confirmation text. I'm going to call and cancel....just makes me nervous. I'm thinking of going with Sea Town Car. They responded by email immediately and seem to have good reviews on Yelp. Any other thoughts are welcome.

What did you end up doing?

I used Seattle Town Car & Airport Shuttle. Excellent communication and service. $90 cash for 7 people. I'm sure the other company would have been fine also but I felt better having a confirmation email!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI the traffic has been brutal by the airport lately. Backups past the cell phone lot usually means an extra 10-15 mins to the departures area. Saw it Monday while on the link......

One side or the other often backs up...departures in the morning, arrivals in the evening. Experienced SEA travelers know to just use the other one, and take stairs/escalator/elevator to the floor you want, or punt to the short-term parking (I think it's $5 for the first hour, and is on level 4 of the garage, which is a direct walk across the sky bridges and puts you one level above bag claim and one level below ticketing).