Wind Spirit Drydock news

dandee2

Thanks for sharing. The Wind Spirit was our first Windstar sail several years ago and hope to see her again in Tahiti.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I noticed someone just posted an unusually negative review of this ship just the other day, and the sailing date looks like it was just before the ship went into dry dock. Hopefully, that would explain at least some of the disappointments the reviewer had about the ship. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=578523

It is too bad the poster had a tough cruise. I did not understand the wine glass thing, last week we got off the Wind Surf, at dinner if we wanted red wine the white wine glasses were taken off the table and vice versa. We did the first cruise back to Tahiti, it was a thrilling time. However, safety first and we did had a day where the swim platform and toys were not available due to winds and currents. I have swum off the platform in the Caribbean and the toys were not used due to winds and weather. I know Tahiti has tricky weather, winds and currents. After our cruise in Tahiti I can not imagine going there and not going on the Spirit, she is a beautiful ship. Tahiti and the Spirit compliment each other. Happy Sailing

People have their own expectation (rightly or wrongly so - I don't know). It gets dark at 6PM down there. Maybe I should complaint to WS that i do not have enough daylight to enjoy the sports deck. LOL.

People have their own expectation (rightly or wrongly so - I don't know). It gets dark at 6PM down there. Maybe I should complaint to WS that i do not have enough daylight to enjoy the sports deck. LOL.

But if you read the review I referenced, you'll see that these passengers had already done this cruise 2 years ago and were comparing their cruise experience last month to the exact same cruise 2 years ago. Their expectations were exactly what they should have been, which is why the review was worth mentioning.

Read the other reviews by same passenger. A VERY unhappy cruiser who is ripping apart not only Windstar but other lines as well. I make a habit of reading other posts when someone has bitter complaints to see if it's likely legitimate or just someone who cannot be satisfied no mattet what. I do the same when reading hotel reviews.

Read the other reviews by same passenger. A VERY unhappy cruiser who is ripping apart not only Windstar but other lines as well. I make a habit of reading other posts when someone has bitter complaints to see if it's likely legitimate or just someone who cannot be satisfied no mattet what. I do the same when reading hotel reviews.

Good point. Although I just saw the reviewer's original review of the cruise 2 years ago and they gave the cruise 5 stars.

I was suspicious with the review. For negative reviews, like sb44 I always look at previous reviews if there are some. This passenger had been on the WS twice, Crystal 21 times and 7 on P and O. I just thought these reviews were negative for being repeaters. Like Trip Advisor I try to read betwern the lines and see if there are patterns. I also think that bad weather brings out the worst in people on vacation. Happy Sailing

I was suspicious with the review. For negative reviews, like sb44 I always look at previous reviews if there are some. This passenger had been on the WS twice, Crystal 21 times and 7 on P and O. I just thought these reviews were negative for being repeaters. Like Trip Advisor I try to read betwern the lines and see if there are patterns. I also think that bad weather brings out the worst in people on vacation. Happy Sailing

Totally agree. But then how do you explain the fact that this reviewer gave a glowing 5-star review to this exact same cruise 2 years ago? This was a direct comparison between this ship/cruise 2 years ago and this ship/cruise 1 month ago, with specific differences (shortcomings) mentioned. Not to belabor the point, but that is what caught my attention. Again, I'm fervently hoping the issues can be attributed solely to weather and to the fact that the ship was about to go into dry dock. Not that WIndstar should have skimped on the last cruise before dry dock. . .

I was simply suspicious so I can not explain. I have been on 20 cruises with WS, I know what we like, besides once on a river cruise, WS is it for us. Have they all been perfect no but neither is my day to day life. Stuff happens so to write such a critical review puzzled me. We are also not the least bit fussy, we are grateful and we are experienced sailors so weather, port switches, decisions about the swim platform and toy usage, sails up or down, currents, safety are all in the mix when sailing. We know the ship's crew know a lot more than we do and we respect the decisions. For us it is really that simple. Happy Sailing