Laundry

Cobbie48

I don't know about same day service, but laundry bags are pretty small. We've done a load before using the machines. I know that's not anyone's idea of a vacation activity, but I'd rather do a load of laundry than smell horseback riding clothes the rest of the week. And I'd rather spend my $15 on a souvenir or adult beverage.

I think it was $3 to wash, $3 to dry.

It isn't about cost for me (Hubby and I have free laundry). I am not sending my clothing to be washed in a commercial washer with goodness knows what else in potentially hot water. This would be followed up with a spin in a commercial dryer that is hot enough to melt plastic. Guest clothing is placed in a mesh bag and washed and dried with other guests laundry. Sorry, I know there are those of you that say you write cold water only on the bag. I am happy for you that is works out. For $6 and a few minutes of my time I am not taking the chance.

We did a B2B being Platinum and did at least 4 loads. We do not wash silk shirts or any delicates. We wash T's, shorts, swimsuits, and undies. We never had a problem and the bags are bigger than you think, especially if you roll up your laundry. Everything comes back nice and folded

I did my laundry on the Legend at night(11pm-12:30am). There isn't anything going on that I am interested in, and I am usually up at that time anyway.

It was a little awkward sitting/lying down out in the hallway(really hot laundry room) with crew members passing by from time to time.

I wash my own clothes for five reasons:

1)$6 is better than $15.

2) They wash on hot.

3) They dry on hot.

4) They wash everyone's clothes together.

5) I don't want someone else washing my bras and underwear.

I have heard that the dryers are inadequate and require two cycles to get dry. I think that is only true if you stuff the dryer or dry on low. I dried six 2X tshirts, two pairs of size 14 jeans, one pair of socks, and underwear on medium(I dry on low at home), and they were completely dry in one cycle. Nothing was damaged. The dryer was only half full.

We always use the laundry bags and send them out in the morning and get them back in the evening. Yes, it costs extra, but the last thing that I want to do on a cruise is to monitor a washer and dryer while on vacation for the sake of saving some bucks. That's exactly one of the reasons I go on vacation: to get away from doing the laundry! [emoji23]

Contrary to what some people have reported, we've never had any pieces of clothes damaged or lost. Everything arrives nicely folded and smelling fresh. Totally worth the extra charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone on the Carnival Legend which decks the laundry room is on. My cabin is on deck 7 and I was hoping there is a laundry room on that deck hopefully not far from my room.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone on the Carnival Legend which decks the laundry room is on. My cabin is on deck 7 and I was hoping there is a laundry room on that deck hopefully not far from my room.

Thanks in advance.

There's a laundry room on Verandah deck 7 (midship) across from stateroom 7267. :) If that ones busy there's another one on Empress deck 6 (forward) across from stateroom 6102.

I've found that doing the laundry myself is pretty easy if I do it right. When I first wake up I head to the laundry room and start a load washing (it's pretty empty then.) Then when I'm finished showering and getting ready, as I head out to breakfast I swing by the laundry room and toss my stuff in the dryer. There's a few people washing by then but no dryers in use yet :D. After breakfast and checking out what's for sale at the shops on board, I swing by and get my dry clothes and drop them off at the room. Doing it this way is pretty easy with no hanging out at the laundry room all day. It's just a matter of timing things right so you can just swing by the laundry room on your way to do other things.

And the bags to put laundry in for laundry service are super small paper bags that can only hold a few items. Not worth the $15 IMHO. And I personally have sent clothing out in them and had stuff come back severely shrunk or discolored. Our cabin steward told us it's all washed in very hot water and huge very hot commercial dryers. :(When we go platinum on our next cruise I will do it since it's free but will only launder underwear, t-shirts, and shorts that are pre shrunk and will wash well in very hot water.

for those who say they are saving $15 by washing on their own, that's fuzzy math, you are only saving $9, it's $6 a load to wash and dry

You definitely can put at least 2 or 3 "bags" worth of laundry in a load. So if you have a family with a lot of clothes to wash you are probably saving at least $30.

I guess you could argue that your time is worth more than that, but others would say they can find a better way to spend their money. So isn't it nice that Carnival has these facilities so that people can choose for themselves, since some other cruise lines don't.

You definitely can put at least 2 or 3 "bags" worth of laundry in a load. So if you have a family with a lot of clothes to wash you are probably saving at least $30.

I guess you could argue that your time is worth more than that, but others would say they can find a better way to spend their money. So isn't it nice that Carnival has these facilities so that people can choose for themselves, since some other cruise lines don't.

Yep, you can fit 3 of those bags in the self service machines. I know this because I just did this. We loaded those paper bags for them to do then remembered the self service laundry (duh!). We had 3 bags filled with all of our clothes (4 people).. I had them filled TIGHT too. Clothes rolled tight and STUFFED. I was able to fit 3 bags into a washer. That was $39 I saved. I started a load in the wash right before dinner then went down while I was waiting on my dessert and switched them.

My sil does their family laundry very early (like 5:30 - 6:00) in the morning the thursday before they return on saturday. You use your sign and sail card in the machines and the soap dispensers (there is an iron in there as well). It's a lot cheaper and you can use 2 machines if you need to and that makes it quicker.

She says this way they do not need to pack as much for the family and she goes home with most of the clothes clean. She puts everything in and then goes to get coffee and then returns to laundry room. She likes to stay in there so she can change out the machines to the dryers immediately, my brother stays with the kids and gets them dressed and ready for breakfast if she is not back yet. It works great for them and she said it is cheap! I guess there is a laundry room mid ship on the decks with all cabins, so you should be able to find one I would think.

There's a laundry room on Verandah deck 7 (midship) across from stateroom 7267. :) If that ones busy there's another one on Empress deck 6 (forward) across from stateroom 6102.

The laundry room on deck 6 is actually through a crew door and to the right. The crew door is next to 6102. It was a little awkward going through the crew door.

I don't remember seeing the laundry marked on the deck plans, but if you use the search on Carnival's website, there is a place that tells you where they are on each ship. It's just been a long time since I've looked.

I don't remember seeing the laundry marked on the deck plans, but if you use the search on Carnival's website, there is a place that tells you where they are on each ship. It's just been a long time since I've looked.

They're marked on the paper map you got at boarding and on the ship maps in every elevator lobby.

I've always done self serve laundry. Hit and miss on machine availability during evening hours. Haven't tried the midnight or early bird slots (Duh. I'm on vacay!)

Now I'm thinking a few $ might be worth the laundry service. I guess I'm so cheap I never considered the option. Apparently it is, in fact, available for the commoners like me, and not just the royalty class.

I might try it next week. I'd rather sip a drink and read my book for the 1.5 hours it would take to do my own laundry. If you knew how rarely I had 1.5 hours to myself, you'd understand

Go to "cruisedeckplans" dot com and you can look up the ship and deck to see where the laundry rooms are located. It's also helpful if you don't want to be right across or next to the laundry rooms.

This site is good for Carnival or just about any cruise line/ship.