SFO - Port to SFO Transfer Options

smurphy199

I am sailing on the Grand Princess later this summer from/to SFO and want to know my options for transfers from the ship to SFO airport.

What is the going rate for a Princess transfer?

Who are the major shuttle companies servicing the port?

What would a taxi or an Uber cost?

Thanks.

I cannot tell you the rates, but I find nothing easier to use then the Princess shuttle. The meet you in the baggage area, take your suitcase and you don't see it again until it shows up at your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

A cab could be closer to $70 including tip (I'm adding the average cost of a cab from SFO to our place to one from our place to Pier 27), but it depends on traffic, which depends on what time you're getting to the pier.
 A rush hour cab might well be $80.

$29 per person for the transfer sounds reasonable and I imagine the convenience factor (and the assumed professionalism of the driver) would be worth that price (though I've never taken a ship's transfer).

We take Lyft from time to time here in SF and our experiences have been mixed (though, now that I think about it, trending downward). It is cheaper than a cab. We have ridden with very nice people and some seemingly unstable people... the percentage is a little better in our experience with cabs. Either way there's a chance for an unpleasant experience (bad smells, annoying conversation, fear for one's life, etc.). I exaggerate a bit.

BART from the airport to Embarcadero ($8.95/pp) and either a cab to the port (~$20) or a 20-minute walk is definitely a viable option. If you go that way and have 30-90 minutes of extra time, you can stop at the Ferry Building on the way, which is worth checking out.

Edited by 500adverbs
Clarification