Explorer OTS-Whale watching and Butchart Gardens possible? 10am-6pm?

Yes - but it's tight and I personally wouldn't recommend trying.

There are multiple whale-watching companies offering approx 3 hour tours - but by the time you get there from the ship, even if it docks on time, you're realistically looking at an 11am or noon tour. Back on land at 2-3pm with a car rental prearranged or jumping right in a cab will get you to Butchart in <40mins, just about enough time to see most of the gardens and hustle back to the ship (NB: all-aboard time will be 5:30pm for a 6pm departure). You'd have to eat lunch on the boat to make this work, and you'd be hustling through the gardens, and probably worrying about making it back in time = a stressed group of people, not conducive to a nice day out on port.

I'd pick one or t'other - or split your group if there's a difference of opinion what would be best. You can do another whale-watch in at least one additional port on any AK cruise - at least one of Juneau and ISP seem to be included on every cruise - while Butchart is harder to find equivalent 'garden time' for unless you're spending time in Vancouver.

Thanks for the info.....looks like a leisure day at the Gardens it is! That's the main thing I HAVE to see in Victoria is Butchart Gardens. I haven't seen Orcas on my past 2 Alaska cruises. I was hoping to try to squeeze it in. This is a Pacific Coastal cruise and I don't think wild Orcas can be seen in San Francisco or Astoria, Oregon. I definitely don't want the stress of trying to do both. Thanks again!