My very first cruise ever!!!! YAY!!!

staceymomx3

Let me introduce myself my name is Stacey my Bf and I are booked on NCL Getaway Oct 29,2027!!!! He is a A pro. But for me I'm excited, nervous, etc. I would love to hear stories, advice, or just a shoutouts!!! Thanks!

Check out your Roll Call here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2350587

The Roll Call is the thread dedicated to a specific sailing.

Let me introduce myself my name is Stacey my Bf and I are booked on NCL Getaway Oct 29,2027!!!! He is a A pro. But for me I'm excited, nervous, etc. I would love to hear stories, advice, or just a shoutouts!!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JUST a couple pearls of wisdom, 1) don't overpack, most cruises are NOT fashion shows, mix and match w/ as few clothes and shoes as possible/2 bathing suits (max) and a medical pak w/ over the counter drugs <asprin, bandages, because those supplies on ship can be expensive.. 2) don't over plan anything, just RELAX, read the ship's newspaper to see what's happening aboard on sea days, look forwards to any port excursions (IF you've planned any) take any FREE choices onboard, 3) IF it's in your budget,,try any fee places to eat (steak, Italian, seafood, etc).4) Do NOT feel like you have too do EVERYTHING ! This will lead you too deciding after the cruise that you NEED another week to rest.:eek: 5) Take a camera w/extra batteries. I'm sure long before you go you'll receive here plenty more 'pearls' but also listen to your B/F. BUT..! Most of all, HAVE A FANTASTIC CRUISE! Hopefully, it won't be your last. Just GO with flow !!

Mac

You're going to love it! My boyfriend had some serious cold feet when it came to our first cruise, and he ended up loving it so much that he begged me to book another one as soon as we got back :)

JUST a couple pearls of wisdom, 1) don't overpack, most cruises are NOT fashion shows, mix and match w/ as few clothes and shoes as possible/2 bathing suits (max) and a medical pak w/ over the counter drugs <asprin, bandages, because those supplies on ship can be expensive.. 2) don't over plan anything, just RELAX, read the ship's newspaper to see what's happening aboard on sea days, look forwards to any port excursions (IF you've planned any) take any FREE choices onboard, 3) IF it's in your budget,,try any fee places to eat (steak, Italian, seafood, etc).4) Do NOT feel like you have too do EVERYTHING ! This will lead you too deciding after the cruise that you NEED another week to rest.:eek: 5) Take a camera w/extra batteries. I'm sure long before you go you'll receive here plenty more 'pearls' but also listen to your B/F. BUT..! Most of all, HAVE A FANTASTIC CRUISE! Hopefully, it won't be your last. Just GO with flow !!

Mac

Wow ty so much how about costume?

You're going to love it! My boyfriend had some serious cold feet when it came to our first cruise, and he ended up loving it so much that he begged me to book another one as soon as we got back :)

I'm not to nervous yet this is a 40 year dream lol ty for your input!!!

Not sure about NCL, but we have done costumes on RCI and Princess several times. We love doing the Halloween stuff. RCI there were a lot of people dressed up, and the kids club had a parade :D

Let me introduce myself my name is Stacey my Bf and I are booked on NCL Getaway Oct 29,2027!!!! He is a A pro. But for me I'm excited, nervous, etc. I would love to hear stories, advice, or just a shoutouts!!! Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I presume you mean 2017, not 2027?

Yes, I'd bring a costume since there will be others in costume. But it's not necessary.

Be sure you read NCL's faq's.

And read some of the posts on the NCL forum. That is where you'll get info and advice specific to the Getaway.

And as others have posted, read the posts on your roll call. You'll find out what tours and activities are being planned.

I presume you mean 2017, not 2027?

Yes, I'd bring a costume since there will be others in costume. But it's not necessary.

Be sure you read NCL's faq's.

And read some of the posts on the NCL forum. That is where you'll get info and advice specific to the Getaway.

And as others have posted, read the posts on your roll call. You'll find out what tours and activities are being planned.

Yes 2017 and ty I will!!!

Treat waiters, room stewards and other service personnel as your friends, not as your servants. Talk to them and they will be thrilled to tell you about their family, country and lifestyle. And remember to always tip well when deserved.

Treat waiters, room stewards and other service personnel as your friends, not as your servants. Talk to them and they will be thrilled to tell you about their family, country and lifestyle. And remember to always tip well when deserved.

Absolutely so important I work in healthcare there is nothing more low then being treated like a slave .