Main dining room/changing dinner reservations

hlsess

if you go to MDR for dinner -is it buffet ? also what is the latest you can change your dining reservation- same day? mid day? we have a group of 12 and I am sure someone will want to do room service or MDR.

if you go to MDR for dinner -is it buffet ? also what is the latest you can change your dining reservation- same day? mid day? we have a group of 12 and I am sure someone will want to do room service or MDR.

There really isn't a regular buffet on Silversea in the sense you might be used to on the bigger mass market lines and certainly not in the MDR for dinner. The closest thing to a buffet is breakfast in LaTerrazza where it's a mix of prepared foods, fruit trays, cheeses, breads, pastries, etc., and made to order dishes like omelets. Not sure about lunch there as we've either eaten up on the pool deck or ashore. I wouldn't worry too much about modifying reservations unless you're talking a significant drop out from a booking for 12. One or two not showing for a reservation probably won't be an issue. We have changed reservations up to mid afternoon but that can be problematic for some of the high demand, smaller venue dining options like the The Grill (aka Hot Rocks Grill). The weather was fantastic on our last cruise and The Grill was booked pretty solid every night.

(Excluding Muse -- I have NO idea how that works) In the MDR it is full waiter service for all meals including breakfast and lunch.

And no need to book. Show up and the MD will seat you.

Making and changing reservations is one of the areas where your butler can be of service.

As mentioned, MDR is full service for all meals, while La Terrazza is buffet style for breakfast and lunch only. (Although you should be prepared to surrender your plate for the wait staff to carry to your table for you. Rather disconcerting the first time it happens, but after a few days it becomes expected.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Although you should be prepared to surrender your plate for the wait staff to carry to your table for you. Rather disconcerting the first time it happens, but after a few days it becomes expected.

Actually, that only happens for the first few days until everyone gets their sea legs. After that, unless you look like you need help they leave you alone.

Actually, that only happens for the first few days until everyone gets their sea legs. After that, unless you look like you need help they leave you alone.

Recently off the Wind and in La Terraza for lunch they will try to carry your plate from beginning to end of cruise. And they do it with pleasure so don't resist.

I guess I never looked like I had my sea legs. I was quite happy to have them assist for the duration.

Funnily enough, after our last cruise we we taking the ferry home, and ate in the cafeteria on the ferry. Not only was I surprised when I had to pay for my food, but was aghast that no one magically appeared at my elbow to carry the tray. ;). Amazing how quickly one becomes accustomed to these things.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally I thought it was more dependent on them adjusting to the passengers as the cruise went along. Seems to me they quickly learn who needs or wants assistance and respond accordingly. Generally they aim to please and they do get to know certain passengers especially on longer cruises. For example, my wife and I got to know the Pool Deck bartender quite well. Her "husband"/significant other was part of the wait staff and she introduced him to us. He would, if not busy with other passengers, always want to carry my wife's breakfast plate in LaTerrazza.

Recently off the Wind and in La Terraza for lunch they will try to carry your plate from beginning to end of cruise. And they do it with pleasure so don't resist.

i came down for lunch one day and had the waiter carry my plate all the way back to the pool deck for me...:hearteyes: