Azamara is famous everywhere!

Lottie A

I am going on a Spa break with a friend to the lovely Royal Crescent Hotel in Bath tomorrow.

I just rang the hotel to book afternoon tea for us and on giving my email address the Concierge said " I think you may be Lottie from the Azamara forum on CC". He said "we were on Quest two weeks ago on your cruise and we loved seeing how much fun you and your friends were having. I was sat behind you when Captain Johannes came up to you and gave you a huge hug on the #twosistersmeet day in Barcelona."

Fame at last...,and he very kindly upgraded us! Thank you Azamara and Thomas. 😄

I am going on a Spa break with a friend to the lovely Royal Crescent Hotel in Bath tomorrow.

I just rang the hotel to book afternoon tea for us and on giving my email address the Concierge said " I think you may be Lottie from the Azamara forum on CC". He said "we were on Quest two weeks ago on your cruise and we loved seeing how much fun you and your friends were having. I was sat behind you when Captain Johannes came up to you and gave you a huge hug on the #twosistersmeet day in Barcelona."

Fame at last...,and he very kindly upgraded us! Thank you Azamara and Thomas. 😄

How nice! :D I think I saw you on Phil's social media page today. Hi Lottie.

What did I miss on Azamara? Just didn't get it! I so wish I did because I love cruising but found Journey so boring.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Azamara probably isn't for everyone - if you want a huge choice of things to do and activities like climbing, zip-lines, water-slides, ice-skating etc, then you possibly won't like Azamara. Azamara is not really suitable for children either as there is no kids club.

But wait! This thread is mis-titled. Although it is true that Azamara is famous everywhere, the point of this story is that Lottie A is famous everywhere! And deservedly so! :D

LOL...thank you Jazz, but maybe that should read "Lottie A is infamous everywhere"! :D

Colette, as Host Grandma Cruising said, Azamara isn't for everyone and that's fine. I know you like Celebrity but I don't like big ships with that incessant loud music everywhere. It's very much an individual choice. To me, Azamara ships feel like home, but with better food and much more fun than you would get at my house!

You know I am still hanging around here as I like the thought of smaller ships. We've just been on Marco Polo. It was smaller than Journey but much more happening. Maybe we got a quiet crowd on our AZ. Don't know.

You know I am still hanging around here as I like the thought of smaller ships. We've just been on Marco Polo. It was smaller than Journey but much more happening. Maybe we got a quiet crowd on our AZ. Don't know.

I've never heard of Marco Polo.

On our last Quest cruise there were a number of us who got together nightly. We had such a good time and we were far from quiet....lots of laughs. ;)

Marco Polo is a very old cruise ship run by a company called Cruise and Maritime.

It dates back to the 1960s and was originally a Russian ship.

Many people seem to love it's traditional style but it cannot be compared to Azamara IMO

It can be compared actually and the food was better in my opinion.

We are considering Noble Caledonia, but wonder if its Britishness would be too much of a muchness for us Americans. Maybe that is the problem for you on Azamara [too much Americanness?] :confused:

We are considering Noble Caledonia, but wonder if its Britishness would be too much of a muchness for us Americans. Maybe that is the problem for you on Azamara [too much Americanness?] :confused:

We don't find Azamara too American - we think the style is more international, and the guests are usually a very good mix of nationalities.

Oh dear...didn't mean to start a debate. :confused:

I like debates....as long as they remain as polite as most Azamara cruisers are!

I really enjoy the international mix of passengers onboard Azamara ships too. I wouldn't want to be on a ship full of Brits but I do take my mother on P&to sometimes. She loves it specifically because it is so "British". I prefer a mix of passenger nationalities...much more fun.

As for Marco Polo, it is a very elderly ship and although I have never been on her, I do have friends who have. They love the very British ambience, food and entertainment onboard. They also enjoy the very British Fred Olsen cruise line which has small, older ships with a reputation for having elderly passengers. Cruise and Maritime is also a very inexpensive cruise line, certainly compared to Azamara prices.

Is it a comparable cruise experience though? I would say absolutely not! I am glad you enjoyed your recent cruise on Marco Polo Colette, but I would have to say that you would be in the minority if you preferred it to an Azamara cruise!

Have you thought of trying Viking Oceans? We had a great cruise on Viking Sea in January. Now that is a comparable cruise line and actually beats Azamara when it comes to the beautiful cabins and the food is just as good too. The only thing that was missing for us is the special "Azamara ambience" but as you didn't get that anyway....well Viking could be an option for you to try. As for us, Azamara will always be our first choice and we can't wait to be back on Quest in a few weeks time.

I like debates....as long as they remain as polite as most Azamara cruisers are!

I really enjoy the international mix of passengers onboard Azamara ships too. I wouldn't want to be on a ship full of Brits but I do take my mother on P&to sometimes. She loves it specifically because it is so "British". I prefer a mix of passenger nationalities...much more fun.

As for Marco Polo, it is a very elderly ship and although I have never been on her, I do have friends who have. They love the very British ambience, food and entertainment onboard. They also enjoy the very British Fred Olsen cruise line which has small, older ships with a reputation for having elderly passengers. Cruise and Maritime is also a very inexpensive cruise line, certainly compared to Azamara prices.

Is it a comparable cruise experience though? I would say absolutely not! I am glad you enjoyed your recent cruise on Marco Polo Colette, but I would have to say that you would be in the minority if you preferred it to an Azamara cruise!

Have you thought of trying Viking Oceans? We had a great cruise on Viking Sea in January. Now that is a comparable cruise line and actually beats Azamara when it comes to the beautiful cabins and the food is just as good too. The only thing that was missing for us is the special "Azamara ambience" but as you didn't get that anyway....well Viking could be an option for you to try. As for us, Azamara will always be our first choice and we can't wait to be back on Quest in a few weeks time.

I totally agree Lottie.

Eric

No not too American! We mostly sail Celebrity and Cunard and love meeting all the different nationalities. And we're not elderly either!!

I wasn't implying you are elderly Colette as I know you are not. Nothing wrong with being elderly though....I know some very fit and lively 80 year olds! I was just saying that the age demographic of both Cruise and Maritime and Fred Olsen ships tend to be somewhat older than Azamara. Recently we have seen a lot of 20/30/40 year olds onboard AZ, which does make for a livelier nightlife.

I like Cunard too and have sailed with them with my parents since the old QE2 days when I was quite young indeed. I like the formality of Cunard and I love dressing up, but it is a very different cruise experience to Azamara. I guess you could say I like most cruise lines but the loud music in the bars where you can't hear anyone speak and constant noise around the pool on Celebrity ships does put me off. I think Equinox is a lovely ship though.

However Azamara remains my favourite even over Silversea ....sorry K! ;)

Isn't it wonderful that we all have such great choices for our cruise holidays and we are lucky enough to be able to afford them?

Yes we had a lovely gent on Marco Polo celebrating his 90th birthday!

I once sailed with a gentleman celebrating his 100th birthday. He was travelling with his daughter and although in a wheelchair he certainly still had all his marbles.

We shared a very interesting lunch listening to his fascinating recollections