first time cruiser

leeannd33

Hi all i am going my 1st cruise we are all inclusive and was wondering how much spending money to budget we are going for 14 nights we are going to the Caribbean any help and advise will be good thanks in advance

It really depends on the cruise line, and what's included...and what YOU like to do/buy! We use a credit card for our onboard account...for tips, drinks, excursions, photos, spa treatments, specialty restaurants (these are all "extras" that you don't HAVE to buy, except for TIPS!, and we don't usually use anything but the gratuities , but 1st timers usually DO pay for those things!) and we bring around $1500 in cash for ashore for a week...that includes gambling expenses on the ship. You may need more or less. There really is no way to tell you what you will or should spend.

No cruise line offers true all inclusive with the exception of maybe some luxury lines. Which cruise line are you on and what does 'all inclusive' include. You'll always get meals in the buffet and dining room as well as a few non-alcoholic beverage choices included in your cruise fare. I am assuming your all inclusive package includes an alcohol package.

Most cruise lines charge a daily gratuity - that may or may not be included for you

Almost certainly shore excursions will not be included. You can spend as much or as little as you want - very port dependent. You can stay on the ship for free; take a taxi to a beach on the cheap; or spend $100+ pp per port on a full day tour.

There are usually specialty dining options offered at an upcharge - probably not included

So at a minimum - $13 pp pd approx as your gratuity of its not included + $20-$40 per port. At a max - you can easily spend thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No cruise line offers true all inclusive with the exception of maybe some luxury lines. Which cruise line are you on and what does 'all inclusive' include. You'll always get meals in the buffet and dining room as well as a few non-alcoholic beverage choices included in your cruise fare. I am assuming your all inclusive package includes an alcohol package.

Most cruise lines charge a daily gratuity - that may or may not be included for you

Almost certainly shore excursions will not be included. You can spend as much or as little as you want - very port dependent. You can stay on the ship for free; take a taxi to a beach on the cheap; or spend $100+ pp per port on a full day tour.

There are usually specialty dining options offered at an upcharge - probably not included

So at a minimum - $13 pp pd approx as your gratuity of its not included + $20-$40 per port. At a max - you can easily spend thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going with thomsoncruises I bought a drinks package when booking I am not really sure what my all inclusive includes I'll have to check that out tomorrow I also read that tips where included in the price

We are going with thomsoncruises I bought a drinks package when booking I am not really sure what my all inclusive includes I'll have to check that out tomorrow I also read that tips where included in the price

Thomson has a forum under Cruise lines on this board. You should check there for better answers. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, there's no tipping on Thomson... check what's available on the drinks package, as it probably doesn't ionclude top named brands- someone will know on the Thomson's board. Speciality coffee used to be included, but that's a few years ago for us.

You'll need to pay for any excursions- see the list and prices- or take cash to pay for a taxi to the beach. You'll need to buy some dollars for that, which are accepted in the Caribbean. Anything else you buy on board will be added to your final bill, so keep an eye on that, by checking at the reception desk, or keeping the chitties from the shops and adding it all up as you go!