For a Change: A TV Cruise Industry Bashing Programme!

babs135

For UK cruisers or those who can pick up Sky or Freesat - next Monday 3rd July on Channel 4 a programme titled Secrets of your Cruise. It's about the impact cruise ships could be having on the environment.

I can hear the groans and moans already. :eek:;p

For UK cruisers or those who can pick up Sky or Freesat - next Monday 3rd July on Channel 4 a programme titled Secrets of your Cruise. It's about the impact cruise ships could be having on the environment.

I can hear the groans and moans already. :eek:;p

I hope they air this in North America too. Maybe it will scare 5% of the cruising public away from cruising and I'll be able to get my next cruise cheaper.;p

It will be the same arguement that has been spanning a while.

Program: Cruise ships are harming the seas

FOA: Cruise companies now ignore us after we advised them for years

Cruises: We do this this and this and are improving

Program and FOA : cruises are still not doing enough

They will then drop in bits and bobs about NORO and sanitarion etc.

The show will neglect to say anything that is positive and how cruise ships are fitted with different filters and 25 of RCL's ships have been fitted with a, b and c or how Disney cruises and others got Bs and As in the past from the above FOA. The program will also neglect to compare workload and pollution output to a similarly functioning town.

I am huge on envionmental issues and although I recognise the industry is somewhat behind it and not an envionmental saint it is also important to note that you can't simply environmentally update a ship like you can a building and the ships that are being built in recent times are much more enviromentally friendly.

I will be watching though. :)

I will be watching the show. But it will no doubt be a one sided account. I do know that cruising is not the most environmentally friendly activity I could do, but the newer ships are improving.

And we the cruising public have a responsibility to let cruise companies know that environmental issues are important to us. So they can continue to improve.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk