Norwegian asking for more money.

Highpeaklad

There are 21 days before my cruise. I checked my cruise booking tonight and I have a message saying my reservation is at risk and I need to pay £200. The same with my mums cabin. I booked a few months ago and paid in full at the time.

All excursions/dining has been paid at time of booking.

Everything was in order yesterday.

Looking into the account the price of the cruise has risen by £200.

Why would this be? Do I need to pay this?

I've tried calling but the offices are closed until tomorrow.

Any ideas?

Do you have your original booking forms showing you have paid in full? I have read previously that they have clitches with their computer system sometimes.

It's best that you call them as soon as you can.

You say that everything was fine yesterday, were you actually online looking at your booking or you hadn't received an email?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Do you have your original booking forms showing you have paid in full? I have read previously that they have clitches with their computer system sometimes.

It's best that you call them as soon as you can.

You say that everything was fine yesterday, were you actually online looking at your booking or you hadn't received an email?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Yes. I was looking at my booking yesterday as I was making a dining reservation. All was fine then. Hopefully it's a glitch.

this has happened with me, and its some weird glitch. my PCC always confirms for me that i am indeed paid in full. i would call someone at NCL to confirm.

That makes me feel better. Thanks.

I'll call first thing in the morning. Thought it was strange as the flights on my booking are confirmed and ticketed, and I've already downloaded edocs so I assume I'm good to go.

I would double check. I have had NCL cancel the cruise on me before because we booked so early and the price skyrocketed to 2-3x what we paid originally. They ended up giving it back to us, but it was a battle.

I would double check. I have had NCL cancel the cruise on me before because we booked so early and the price skyrocketed to 2-3x what we paid originally. They ended up giving it back to us, but it was a battle.
Yikes! You're kidding me! What exactly did they give back to you? Did you end up going on your cruise? I am concerned because our cruise was booked early and it seems the prices for it are going up too. ugh!

Yikes! You're kidding me! What exactly did they give back to you? Did you end up going on your cruise? I am concerned because our cruise was booked early and it seems the prices for it are going up too. ugh!

Yea we ended up going. My mom, who arranges all this, had to call and argue with them for a good hour. They gave it back to us at the price that we originally ordered but there might have been some issues with OBC iirc (I think we lost $50-125). But the savings were so large that the price difference EASILY eclipsed the OBC loss. They used the system to back date it and gave us a different room, but it was a lower category, which we didn't know at the time. When we showed up, the room was short a bed. I literally didn't have a place to sleep. We ended up having to pay another 500 for another room for a total of 2 rooms. There is more to the story, that shocked and angered me where we had to talk to the hotel manager or w/e they are called...but that is a story for another day. (This actually ties back to the other thread where I wish I could withhold tip as this is the exact scenario that upset me so much...)

So they were able to sell our original room at a higher price to someone else for quite a bit more than what we paid.

NCL, like any other company, is a business and they will do w/e they can to make more money.

And we are Gold latitudes members too. So it's not like we are just some randos who have never given them business b4.

I wouldn't be too concerned. There are always stories (and I'm not doubting the one above in any way), but at the same time, many of us who book early have no such problem at all.

As an example, I book all of our cruises pretty well when they are released. As a result, we have had some really low prices, and have never had any problem like that described above. The biggest issue with booking early is there is more chance of itineraries being adjusted etc, but I've always done very well out of that as well.

I wouldn't be too concerned. There are always stories (and I'm not doubting the one above in any way), but at the same time, many of us who book early have no such problem at all.

As an example, I book all of our cruises pretty well when they are released. As a result, we have had some really low prices, and have never had any problem like that described above. The biggest issue with booking early is there is more chance of itineraries being adjusted etc, but I've always done very well out of that as well.

Looking back, I cannot believe what happened. It's a true story (feel free to doubt...I have the receipts to prove it).

But I never had any problems before this incident in terms of booking. And I don't expect to have any problems in the future either. I chalk it up to an unfortunate event.