How "adult" is Serenity?

tortuga1975

Quick poll...

On my most recent cruise, while lounging in the Serenity area, a woman decided to remove her bikini top and lay out face up. It didn't bother me, but the women laying next to me were scandalized and kept talking loudly that the topless woman should cover up (but didn't actually say anything directly to her.)

What do you think? Is the adult only area swimsuit optional?:cool:

It is not policy that Serenity is clothing optional.

I personally don't care about that but it is NOT the way it is supposed to be there.

There are many adult only hotels in the world. Only some of them are clothing optional hotels.

Just because it is an adult area doesn't make it automatically a place where you can just take off clothing!

This is a touchy subject. I know the ship leaves from the U.S. But almost all of the staff and some passengers aren't from the U.S. And don't have our views on clothing optional areas. I've seen where women forgot they removed their tops to not get a tan line on their back and forgot and gave the main pool area a show and I've also seen thongs by the main pool. I think it's ok if done in the adult only area where no minors are allowed.

It's a cruise line directed at Americans where the standard is if something is clothing optional it is posted. When Carnival had the topless deck it was posted. There are nude cruises and other lines that cater to this

Am I bothered by this? Not in the slightest. But I do not think it is "appropriate."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Fascination, leaving from San Juan. There was never any "topless" stuff going on. It was just a nice place to relax away from the noise. We went there about every afternoon and several times at night, and never was it "too adult."

I think this happens on EVERY cruise, at some point in time. We had a woman on one cruise who would take a dip...go to her lounger and change into a dry bathing suit in front of everyone. Got to the point where all the 13-15 year old boys congregated just to see the show! Yep...stark naked...and not "young"!

But no...there are no "clothing optional" areas on ships unless you're in Europe...they don't mind a bit of nudity like we Americans!

sorry, I had to laugh at the beginning of his thread

"This is a touchy subject"

All kidding aside why are Americans to hung up on boobs. I have never seen any signs on the Serenity deck saying "no topless"

It's a cruise line directed at Americans where the standard is if something is clothing optional it is posted. When Carnival had the topless deck it was posted. There are nude cruises and other lines that cater to this

Am I bothered by this? Not in the slightest. But I do not think it is "appropriate."

(y)

All kidding aside why are Americans to hung up on boobs. I have never seen any signs on the Serenity deck saying "no topless"

Good point. In fact I haven't seen that sign on the lido deck either.

The Europeans I know say it's not something they think about. They don't look for "clothing optional" because in Europe it's completely normal to go topless and they don't realize it's an issue when they do it. I'm okay with it. But I'm a guy so...

Here in Ontario Canada it's perfectly legal for a woman to walk around the street topless. You don't see it often, but it's legal.

I would never do it, but that's just me. I honestly wouldn't care or even pay much attention if a woman around me took her top off. If guys can do it why can't women? Way too many people are way to hung up on boobs. And I wouldn't even care if my kids saw it. Not even my teenaged son. I would look at it as a great opportunity to remind my boys that women and girls are to always be respected and not treated as sexual objects.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

my wife and i made one only trip to the serenity deck. There was only five people on the deck. There was a bartender who spoke very little english, my wife, me and a young couple who were in the act of making a baby in the hot tub.

I would of rather had the topless woman.

Well, as many people will gladly point out, Carnival doesn't seem to enforce the "dress-code" on the formal night in the Main Dining Room, so why would they enforce the... um... "undress code" on Serenity Deck? Personally, I am not bothered either way.

All kidding aside though, I have stumbled across 8th/9th grade kids getting "real cozy" in the private covered couches on Serenity trying to do adult things while not actually being adults.

I've been on lots and lots of cruises, and the Serenity Deck, (Especially on "Fantasy Class" ships ) is my favorite spot, and I spend lots of time there, listening to music, and just relaxing. I've NEVER seen topless women there. (Yes,,near topless, but not topless.) I have seen topless women around the main pool on the first day of a cruise. I presume they are European, and assume that it's O.K. Not a big deal

When they did have a topless deck around the stack, I'd ALWAYS go up there to check to make sure that the lovely, and talented Mrs. Jones wasn't there. (That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!) :cool:

"SKY"

Almost everyplace is a no topless area, and I never see signs. Like on Main street in my town. You can't walk down the street topless, but I have never saw a sign stating it.

Good point. In fact I haven't seen that sign on the lido deck either.

Besides the fact this is Carnival, and anything goes, there are no signs for all kinds of things that are not permitted. Such as no sex on the deck. But it happens, just read the Carnival Boards. Then there are all kinds of signs such as no diving, jumping etc, and watch your kids, and yet, non of those happen, because signs are not read, and whenever you have a sign, than the opposite happens on "your vacation, do what you want".

My late husband was so disappointed one our first cruise. He went up to what was then the topless deck on the Celebration and no one was there.

So was my 13 y/o son.

I wouldn't care if she undid her top, just cover up when you turn over please.

Let's just all be on the safe side and keep it covered... ;)

I've seen plenty around LA beaches, and cheers to those with a confident body image, but it's usually someone you wish you could un-see! LOL