July 4th Breakaway fireworks?

mimb1

No, there aren't any fireworks onboard the ships. They stopped on the Breakaway a year or so ago.

Not true!!!! the NCL brand decided that they will offer a "virtual" fireworks display on a large portable "high Definition" television screen that they will set up by the large pool.That way passengers can enjoy the "oohhs" and "ahhs" of live fireworks without all the unnecessary smoke and loud noise associated with actual fireworks. They decided to broadcast by the large pool for additional safety if they need a water source. On the hush...there was also chatter about streaming the fireworks through the staterooms on the TV's for a nominal fee...i heard it was something to the tune of $2.00 per person booked in a balcony or above and $4.00 per person in staterooms of ocean view or lower. Haven of course is free!!! One of the captains also told me at a recent dinner with my DW that he heard if the masses opt for the "in room viewing " option and its successful...that there may be plans for the cruises during the winter months to stream the "cracklin' fireplace" channel on ALL ncl ships...

Best,

Mark

Not true!!!! the NCL brand decided that they will offer a "virtual" fireworks display on a large portable "high Definition" television screen that they will set up by the large pool.That way passengers can enjoy the "oohhs" and "ahhs" of live fireworks without all the unnecessary smoke and loud noise associated with actual fireworks. They decided to broadcast by the large pool for additional safety if they need a water source. On the hush...there was also chatter about streaming the fireworks through the staterooms on the TV's for a nominal fee...i heard it was something to the tune of $2.00 per person booked in a balcony or above and $4.00 per person in staterooms of ocean view or lower. Haven of course is free!!! One of the captains also told me at a recent dinner with my DW that he heard if the masses opt for the "in room viewing " option and its successful...that there may be plans for the cruises during the winter months to stream the "cracklin' fireplace" channel on ALL ncl ships...

Best,

Mark

Hmm...why would they need a "water source" if it's being displayed on a high definition TV screen??? Scratching head here. ha! Love the "crackling fireplace" idea. That could very well be my "white noise" for sleeping.

• 11 months later...
Hmm...why would they need a "water source" if it's being displayed on a high definition TV screen??? Scratching head here. ha! Love the "crackling fireplace" idea. That could very well be my "white noise" for sleeping.

They need the water Source in front of the High Def televisions for the reflection on the water..lol...

Best,

Mark

So when you yelled "Not true!!!!" at Keith as you tried to use up all the exclamation points, what you really were explaining is that what he said was absolutely true.

So when you yelled "Not true!!!!" at Keith as you tried to use up all the exclamation points, what you really were explaining is that what he said was absolutely true.

Lgpizza,

You are correct...but i do think its nice that NCL at least offers the next best thing in a "Virtual Display" so you get all the excitement of a live demonstration without all the smoke and firework mess (from the expelled shells and rockets that tend to litter our ocean and pollute our waters..

Side note: does the haven still have a "secret" menu that includes "Balut" as a dinner option???

Wondering if Breakaway will do its fireworks night on July 4th, Thoughts?

Hi Mimb1,

The Breakaway will be departing Copenhagen on July 4th and sailing to Germany that evening... no where near the U.S. and it is not a holiday celebrated outside the U.S., so I would not expect any fireworks or any other acknowledgement of the holiday. We just got off the ship on Monday and I'd say that only 20-25% of the passengers were Americans. You'll probably find that there is way more interest in the World Cup games than any American holiday!

Enjoy your trip!

Lynne

Hi Mimb1,

The Breakaway will be departing Copenhagen on July 4th and sailing to Germany that evening... no where near the U.S. and it is not a holiday celebrated outside the U.S., so I would not expect any fireworks or any other acknowledgement of the holiday. We just got off the ship on Monday and I'd say that only 20-25% of the passengers were Americans. You'll probably find that there is way more interest in the World Cup games than any American holiday!

Enjoy your trip!

Lynne

So since the Bliss will definitely be in the US on July 4 th I can expect a full celebration of the holiday?