Carnival Paradise Cuba cruise leaving 7th Sept 2017

Kiwi_cruiser

We are booked on the Carnival Paradise and we are meant to be cruising to Cuba leaving 7th Sept 2017.

With Hurricane Irma heading for Cuba and heading our way.

What will Carnival do?, Would they cancel the cruise? or would we go some where else?

Also what would the chances be that we would get back to Tampa??

We will be debarking and embarking guests tomorrow for the scheduled Cuba voyage however an itinerary change may occur depending on Irma.

Stay Tuned - Stay Safe!

Captain Carnival,

Can you please tell me where you found this statement. I have searched extensively and cannot find it. I notice that you, or they eliminated the last statement about a 1pm update which was in your prior posting of this statement.

Is this an "Official Carnival" statement ?

My folks are supposed to be on this cruise tomorrow and I have spoken to Carnival twice about if the cruise will be canceled and they were supposed to have an update at 1:00 p.m. which is not out on their website. They said they haven't canceled the cruise but to keep checking. I said I would call the travel insurance company and they said not to do that yet. So it's a waiting game unfortunately.

Sooooo.. We are expected to 1) get on a ship.. 2) head TOWARDS a CAT 5 hurricane...3) sit at a port for hours waiting on the storm to arrive then 4)turn and head in the same direction as the storm and 5) port in Tampa at the date and time the storm will be arriving in Tampa when they are starting to evacuate the city? Why has this not been cancelled yet? Let go of the algorithms and use commons sense people:mad:!

An expensive fun day at sea .Carnival just make a decision.

We have a family of 15 scheduled for this trip.. No way we would risk our entire family! Maybe if enough people called and expressed concern they would make a realistic decision not just one to keep shareholders happy. :confused::confused: This delayed response is really putting a bad taste in my mouth about their "safety first" claim.

Captain Carnival,

Can you please tell me where you found this statement. I have searched extensively and cannot find it. I notice that you, or they eliminated the last statement about a 1pm update which was in your prior posting of this statement.

Is this an "Official Carnival" statement ?

All you have to do is go on the Carnival website and click on the Weather Advisory tab that is highlighted in yellow at the top left corner of the main page.

All you have to do is go on the Carnival website and click on the Weather Advisory tab that is highlighted in yellow at the top left corner of the main page.

I received and email directly from Carnival.. in addition to the website if you "google" "Carnival Cruise Travel Alerts" you should be able to find it.

Does anyone else think it's crazy this cruise is still on!?! The rep on the phone said management is still in meetings but this is ridiculous. Royal Caribbean has already cancelled their cruise to Cuba leaving from Tampa on September 9.

I just got a call from the Port of Tampa that they will not have valet service tomorrow due to the storm . This tells me they are probably working with a skeleton staff .

Shore side will be fully staffed tomorrow for debarkation and embarkation. I'm just curious as to how or why the valet service called you?

They called and told me there was no valet parking tomorrow and cancelled my reservation. I know you love Carnival but seriously expecting people to show up for a cruise that they have no idea were they are going especially considering we all paid extra for Cuba and Cuba is under a hurricane watch Give people options .I will go to Cuba but not with Carnival . They have seen the last of me .

Edited by Sailor_Sally

Still sitting in Tampa waiting to board. We are priority and NO One has boarded Paradise yet. Announcement over45 minutes ago claiming we would know something around 11:45am as to when we were boarding. Announcer said something about waiting to hear from Miami office.

Not sure if that means we are not going to Cuba or at all or what.

The longer we wait the more we are wondering

They don't have to go to Cuba. I have a family member waiting to board also. From what I understand they are waiting to hear if they will be able to get into Cozumel (or another western port). As far as leaving Tampa and running into a Category 5 hurricane - that's a bit of an exaggeration. It is very doubtful that the hurricane will have much of an effect on Tampa - and if it does, it won't happen until Sunday. Leaving today should not cause any issue. If the ship heads to the western Caribbean, it should be fine. The problem now is finding a port that can take the Paradise considering all the eastern cruises that have switched to western. It's called sailing during Hurricane season - hopefully you bought insurance, if not, you may have a decision to make.