Topless/Nude beaches in Cozumel or Costa Maya?

MikeNBec

HEY! Hope you all had a great Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year.

We are wondering if anyone knows of topless and/or nude beaches in Cozumel and/or Costa Maya. We're going on the Sensation in June, and DEFINITELY want to do some "catchin' rays" time. Thanks!

(and no, we're not perverts, we're just married and far from dead) ;)

I know there is one in Costa Maya, off the beaten path... can't remember the name though... sorry. You might be better off asking on the ports of call boards... some of the locals post over there and might know more. You can enjoy the topless deck on the ship everyday :D

HEY! Hope you all had a great Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year.

We are wondering if anyone knows of topless and/or nude beaches in Cozumel and/or Costa Maya. We're going on the Sensation in June, and DEFINITELY want to do some "catchin' rays" time. Thanks!

(and no, we're not perverts, we're just married and far from dead) ;)

By the way, I read that you can rent mopeds when you arrive at the port in Cozumel and Costa Maya.....is that true, and if so, how much for the day?

I would make sure that if you combine the 2 activities, at least wear a helmet!:D :D :D

On the other side of the island is Mezcalitos bar and they offer an area for topless or nude sunbathing. If you go topless or nude at the bar they give the ladies a free to-kill-ya shot. They also have photo albums at the bar of past topless/nude guests who left a photographic expose. Real rustic with talapas and hammacks, no electricity, but beer on ice. Beach is a rocky bottom with surf sometimes rough. Not packed with tourist and very laid back. Just take the road that goes through downtown and as it makes a turn to the left on the other side of the island you're at Mezcalitos. Nice staff their too.

As I recall if you do the Passion Island excursion from Cozumel there is the opportunity for "catching rays". When we arrived we were told that there were other parts of the island available for adults to enjoy. It sounded as though you could do pretty much what ever you wanted to do in those areas.

My gift to the world is to never be seen outside in less than shorts. ;)

You're welcome!

I've been to Cozumel about 6 times and Costa Maya a couple of time. I've never heard of a topless or nude beach. In general, I've found Mexico to be pretty conservative so it might be frowned upon.

Dawson, we have been to Cancun a few times as well as Playa Del Carmen, and topless is the norm in most areas there.

Thanks all..........we'll definitely look to find some "good" spots that ya'll have mentioned!!

I've been to Cozumel about 6 times and Costa Maya a couple of time. I've never heard of a topless or nude beach. In general, I've found Mexico to be pretty conservative so it might be frowned upon.
Dawson, we have been to Cancun a few times as well as Playa Del Carmen, and we saw LOTS of topless sunbathing all over the place......just for your "future reference"....;) And from the posts above, you should have asked before you went so you know where the good spots are! Now you have to go back!!! LOL...

Thanks all..........we'll definitely look to find some "good" spots that ya'll have mentioned!!

Mike. I usually rent a jeep and tour the islands beautiful shoreline. I've never noticed anything except at Coconuts. Will be back in Feb and then 2 weeks in Merida in Oct. I don't doubt that Americans have different cultural ideas.

I know there are plenty in Cancun...

Dan, duh! You know Lucy loves a topless beach :D Been to several and most of the time, what you see there, is NOT what you WANT to see there.... you really want to run up and give these people clothes, LOL...

The one in Costa Maya is supposed to be like hedonism... I knew we should have gone there in October! Oh wait, I'll be back there in Feb :eek:

Been to several and most of the time, what you see there, is NOT what you WANT to see there.... you really want to run up and give these people clothes, LOL...

Sorta like the old lady that flashed me on Bourbon Street. GAAAAAHHH!!!:eek: Gave her all my beads just to go away!

Dan, when I was in Sydney, all of the beaches were "clothing optional"... Not just topless... there was a guy at one of the beaches that had "set up shop" and was trying to sell cover ups to alot of the people... it was classic!!!!!!! One woman kept saying no (as she stood there in all her um, "glory") and he said "Please mam, I'm almost ready to give it to you for free" :eek: Some people have gusto! ;)

That's friggin' priceless, Chris. I'm sure most beaches there'd be a market for this. Even if it's the other beach-goers buying them for ppl they don't want to see. "Please, sir, I paid for it already and you'd be doing us a favor if you'd just cover up..." ;)

Archived