Electric Current in Cabins

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Costa Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:06 AM.
Brampton, Ontario
759 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Can you please tell me is I will require an adapter for my charger on the Costa Luminosa? I have been advised that the
110V is only in the bathroom.
Germany
3,649 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
There is an European socket (240V) and American socket 110v on most ships under the dresser /desk unit.

The 110v in the bathroom is for electric shavers only.

I would advise you to take the adapter, then you can use / load two appliances.

From Costa UK Web site:

Voltage on board
The power points in the cabins have an alternating current of::COSTA FAVOLOSA, COSTA DELIZIOSA, COSTA LUMINOSA,COSTA PACIFICA, COSTA SERENA, COSTA CONCORDIA: 220-115 Volts.
COSTA MAGICA, COSTA FORTUNA, COSTA MEDITERRANEA,COSTA ATLANTICA: 220-110 Volts/60 Hz.
COSTA VICTORIA e COSTA ROMANTICA: 220 Volts/60 Hz. perrasoi, 220-110 Volts (1200 W) in the cabin.
COSTA CLASSICA: 220 Volts/60 Hz. per rasoi, 220 Volts (800 W)the cabin.
COSTA MARINA e COSTA ALLEGRA: 220-110 Volts/60 Hz. forshavers.
For safety reasons, electrical appliances may not be used inthe cabins with the exception of electric shavers; ironing inthe cabins is strictly prohibited. Each cabin has a hairdryer.

Ron