When is 'final payment' due

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:36 PM.
#1
Montreal, Canada
784 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Odd question I know... When I booked, I'm sure my TA told me but I opted to just pay for the whole thing at once since the CAN/USD$ conversion was so good.

Now I am wondering - when exactly is 'final payment'. It's a 7 day cruise is that makes a difference. How many days before: 90 ? 75 ?

My thinkinng is because we booked ES, there might be more changes *after* final payment so I'll keep a better eye on it around then. I has gone up, up, up since we booked...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Cruises
Carnival Magic - Mar 4th, 2012

Past Cruises
Carnival Liberty - Dec 4th, 2010
Emerald Princess - Jan 3rd, 2010
Carnival Freedom - Jan 2nd, 2008
Disney Magic - May 2006
#2
973 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
75 days for a 7 day cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature








Festival Southern Caribbean 1996
Disney Wonder Bahamas 2001
Facination Western Caribean 2002
Triumph Eastern Caribbean 2006
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 2007
Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean 2009
Majesty of the Seas Bahamas 2009
Destiny Eastern Caribbean 2009
Carnival Glory, Eastern Caribbean 2010
Carnival Legend, 2010
Oasis of the Seas, 2011
#3
Richardson, TX
71,088 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
You need to ask your TA as many TAs have a final payment date before Carnival's date. The one I used was 2 weeks earlier to give them time to process the payment.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, RCL Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/12/14
#5
1,412 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by goose30
Why do you really care? You already paid. Just use your time to think happy thoughts.
Because she booked Early Saver and wants to monitor prices around final payment date.

Why do you really care?
#6
Midwest
424 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I'm not sure about the US/Canadian exchange rate, however, last year we waited until the last possible moment to pay the balance due b/c as it turned out, our credit card company runs a special in January/Feb that gives you 5% cash back rather than the standard 1% cash back. So with our family of 4, it was not a huge discount, but a nice discount.
#7
154 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Early Saver, you can apply for On Board Credit up to 2 business days prior to sailing (Thursday for Sunday depart and Wednesday for Saturday Depart), Saturday and Sunday do not count as days.

If you did not pay in full, there would be a final payment adjustment, but seeing how you paid in full, OBC.

One thing you need to pay attention to, is to make sure your specific cabin is available at the lower rate. Take a screen shot for evidence, and do not be surprised if you are denied (twice for me already, one time, our cabin type was not cheaper, and second, I was told the pack and go promotion was not compatible with the Early Saver promotion which is BS as the Policy does not state anything to that effect).

Long and short, paying in full should not be an issue as you will get OBC, but qualifying for a lower price may be.
#8
Oklahoma
3,487 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Lots of words but very little help... except for SueG.

We paid our December cruise off early, but I also want to watch for rate swings about when final payment is due.
Like yours, OP, it's also a 7-day, and we sail December 12.
I *think* my PVP said it was due the end of September, which would be spot on with SueG's answer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PAST CRUISES:
Carnival Sensation - January 2010 - Penthouse Suite U108 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Legend - December 2010 - 8E Balcony Cabin 7253 - Cruising with DH
Carnival Ecstasy - April 2011 - Aft Balcony Cabin E255 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Triumph - November 2011 - 8D Balcony Cabin 8356 - Sisters Cruise
Carnival Magic - April 2012 - Cove Balcony - Cabin 2357 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - December 2012 - Cove Balcony - Cabin 2290 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - April 2013 - Cove Balcony 2321 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - November 2013 - Cove Balcony 2326 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - April 2014 - Ocean Suite 7243 - Girls Cruise
Norwegian Jewel - November 2014 - Mini-suite 11134 - Sisters Cruise
Carnival Magic - December 2015 - Cove Balcony 2407 and 2409 - Old Men's Cruise
#9
NS Canada
3,949 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Hey Canada Julie.. I paid ours off early for the same reason.The US exchange was swinging in our favor so I paid it off. Yes It is about 75 days prior to sailing. I learned from my fellow CCr's that even though I am paid in full that I will get the ES guarantee in the form of a Credit card credit up and until the final payment that ( for us is Dec6) . Then after that it would be and OBC.
keep checking to see if there is price drops( I do it obsessively) and keep sending in forms when it drops right up until 2 days before you leave...
Bon chance mon amie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Conquest Cruise 4 Claws 14 April 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IgI/edit#gid=0
Carnival Vista Repo 2016
Carnival Breeze BC8 2015
Carnival Liberty CAN-AM Connection 2013
Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B 2012
Carnival Glory Family Reunion 2011
RCI Independence of the Seas 2010
Carnival Pride Family Reunion 2008
Carnival Spirit 2005
Carnival Spirit 2003
Carnival Paradise 2002
RCI Visions of the Seas 2001
#10
New Orleans, LA
226 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by CanadaJulie
Odd question I know... When I booked, I'm sure my TA told me but I opted to just pay for the whole thing at once since the CAN/USD$ conversion was so good.

Now I am wondering - when exactly is 'final payment'. It's a 7 day cruise is that makes a difference. How many days before: 90 ? 75 ?

My thinkinng is because we booked ES, there might be more changes *after* final payment so I'll keep a better eye on it around then. I has gone up, up, up since we booked...

I'm sailing 11/13/10 and my final payment was due 8/30/10. So probably about two and a half months before sailing. So far no price drops for me, but I'm with you, I'll be on the lookout up until 2 days before sailing!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#11
Florida
7,391 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Billy101
.

One thing you need to pay attention to, is to make sure your specific cabin is available at the lower rate. Take a screen shot for evidence, and do not be surprised if you are denied (twice for me already, one time, our cabin type was not cheaper, and second, I was told the pack and go promotion was not compatible with the Early Saver promotion which is BS as the Policy does not state anything to that effect).

.
The ES Terms & conditions clearly state that ES Price match has to be for the same Category; The Pack-and-Go Guarantee bookings are Guarantee Categories IS, OV, BL and ST - which are different Categories than you book for ES and the other Promo Rates, therefore not applicable for ES Price Matching.

As mentioned in other threads, there is a different method of price-matching ES to Guarantee Rates - if the rate for the Guarantee Category above your ES Category drops below your ES Rate then you can give up your assigned cabin for the higher Category TBA cabin and get the price difference.

ken
#12
Oklahoma
3,487 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Ken076
The ES Terms & conditions clearly state that ES Price match has to be for the same Category; The Pack-and-Go Guarantee bookings are Guarantee Categories IS, OV, BL and ST - which are different Categories than you book for ES and the other Promo Rates, therefore not applicable for ES Price Matching.

As mentioned in other threads, there is a different method of price-matching ES to Guarantee Rates - if the rate for the Guarantee Category above your ES Category drops below your ES Rate then you can give up your assigned cabin for the higher Category TBA cabin and get the price difference.

ken
Very clearly explained, as always, Ken076.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PAST CRUISES:
Carnival Sensation - January 2010 - Penthouse Suite U108 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Legend - December 2010 - 8E Balcony Cabin 7253 - Cruising with DH
Carnival Ecstasy - April 2011 - Aft Balcony Cabin E255 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Triumph - November 2011 - 8D Balcony Cabin 8356 - Sisters Cruise
Carnival Magic - April 2012 - Cove Balcony - Cabin 2357 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - December 2012 - Cove Balcony - Cabin 2290 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - April 2013 - Cove Balcony 2321 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - November 2013 - Cove Balcony 2326 - Girls Cruise
Carnival Magic - April 2014 - Ocean Suite 7243 - Girls Cruise
Norwegian Jewel - November 2014 - Mini-suite 11134 - Sisters Cruise
Carnival Magic - December 2015 - Cove Balcony 2407 and 2409 - Old Men's Cruise
#13
154 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Sorry, it seems I was a little confused as to the actual reason behind needing the answer. I thought the whole point of the question, was to figure out if you were entitled to Price Protection as per the Early Saver program.

My answer was to explain that, final payment due date does not matter as you have up to two business days to file a claim for Price Protection regardless of final payment date. The only difference is if Carnival does an On Board Credit or makes a payment adjustment. Seeing how Canada Julie had paid in full, it would be an On Board Credit.

As the Canadian dollar continues to rise over 97 cents, I will be doing the same in the near future.