Carnival Victory going in for major refurbishment.

cruisediver100

i was told by carnival that the usual drydock is less than a week, so i was told that this was a major one because it was almost 2 weeks. i noticed that the Facination had "Carnival Water Works" added to the ship. I was hoping that we might see that added to the Victory before our cruise!!! another question, i cant figure out how you list your past cruises like i see everyones when i check posts... any help would be appreciated

i was told by carnival that the usual drydock is less than a week, so i was told that this was a major one because it was almost 2 weeks. i noticed that the Facination had "Carnival Water Works" added to the ship. I was hoping that we might see that added to the Victory before our cruise!!! another question, i cant figure out how you list your past cruises like i see everyones when i check posts... any help would be appreciated

Standard dry dock length is 2 weeks. The ship may not be in the dry dock that long but they are out of service that long due to sail times to and from the docks location and then return to a normal cruise schedule.

edit your profile and there is an option for edit signature...do it there.

i was told by carnival that the usual drydock is less than a week, so i was told that this was a major one because it was almost 2 weeks.

standard dry-dock is 2 weeks. Dry-docks for major refurbishments usually take 4 weeks or longer.

I happen to like the Victory green.;)

To me, it's more reminiscent of "OZ" than "puke"!!:D

I cruised the VICTORY twice. It was the favorite Carnival ship of the lady I was cruising with, so I said nothing about my personal dislike of it. It certainly didn't ruin my cruise at all. :DI was just commenting on the coloring (particularly in the Atrium bar area). I have more dislike for the deck layout of this class than anything else. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are just off her. THis is just my opinion. While keeping it positive I also have to keep it real. I have never seen a ship more in need of refurbishment. There were holes in the "linoleum tiles" at the adult pool. Have the color was rubbed off around the hot tubs and pool tiles, there were railings sanded down with big globs of tar where they touched, mildew in the bathrooms, etc THe benches around the pool were down to the unshiny (official term of course) wood. :)

Normally, I am not one who notices this stuff but it was hard to miss on this ship.

I even thought, but could be wrong, that the pics in the stairwells looked like they were faded a different color where they met. It could be their design but it didn't look like it to me.

I was seriously hoping to see pictures of "after" because there was so much that needed done, I wondered what they would get to.

Didn't affect my fun, but it was the first time I was on a cruise ship where it was so glaringly obvious. The other thing I noticed was that the windows along the promenade were so dirty it was hard to see out them. We didn't have any rain but they may have the week before. They didn't clean them the whole cruise.

Ah-the Victory. That's the one that got us hooked on suites. We were upgraded from what was then a 9a to at Cat 11 on our Victory cruise 2 1/2 weeks after 9-11. I really would like to go back on her again now that she is going out of SJU. We did that cruise on the Destiny in May 2008 and really enjoyed the ports.

Don't remember the puke green but I will take your word for it. My MIL was with us so that might explain why I don't remember a lot about the ship-too many martinis:)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm booked on the Victory for 2-11. I just got an email from my carnival representative with the details. They added "serenity", a first for Triumph Class. Also relocated the mini golf and expanded it to 11 holes. Added an ADA Grand Suite. Kids pool area upgrades. Updates to public areas including: Dance Club, Stateroom Corridors, and Sports Bar.

Archived