Cruise Luggage Tag Holders?

Cruise2End

I found some Vertical Badge ID Holders a pkage of 10 at our local office max store. They will hold a 3x4 card. I haven't printed out our luggage tags yet but I think these holders should work just fine and they were only I think $4 for the pkg of 10.

Someone had a thread recently where there was message of some really nice luggage tag holders you could purchase?? Anyone recall where we can obtain those??

Thanks in advance

We're happy with our luggage tag holders & yesterday they sent a file for a form to put your travel info into it when traveling to the ship. Then all you'd have to do is slide out that info & slide in your Princess luggage tags at embarkation. :)

I found some Vertical Badge ID Holders a pkage of 10 at our local office max store. They will hold a 3x4 card. I haven't printed out our luggage tags yet but I think these holders should work just fine and they were only I think $4 for the pkg of 10.

Do they have grommets to make them more durable when luggage handlers handle them? Sounds like a good deal & hope they work great.

:D We purchased the luggage tag holders through www.*****.com they look very strong and well manufactured and the price was very resonable.

Yesterday they sent itineray insirts you can use while traveling. I've attached a copy here. Thought some of you would like to see. Might

come in handy for some of you.

Cheers,

Clarice & Paul :cool:

Luggage-Tag-Itinerary.jpg.e8d7ebae0aabe37037481c107f0cf240.jpg

Ya, that would make it easier for a burglar to know how long you'll be gone. Smart!

Your information is not seen on the tag until it's pulled off the luggage and opened. I know many CC members, myself included, who put their itineraries in their suitcases in case their luggage gets lost. I still think it's a great idea.

Ya, that would make it easier for a burglar to know how long you'll be gone. Smart!

Your information is not seen on the tag until it's pulled off the luggage and opened. I know many CC members' date=' myself included, who put their itineraries in their suitcases in case their luggage gets lost. I still think it's a great idea.[/quote']

I'm with you 'sasha'smom'...the odds that your luggage will get lost is better than someone looking into each tag or bag to see who will be gone. The overwhelming number of burglaries are crimes of opportunity during the daytime when someone leaves their house unlocked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's too bad they can't be presented without being condescending. :confused:

Do they have grommets to make them more durable when luggage handlers handle them? Sounds like a good deal & hope they work great.

I purchased two packages of “Badgemates” 3” x 4” vertical badge ID holders from OfficeMax at $4.99 each to use on our cruise.

There were six of us with 12 pieces of checked luggage. I also used them on our carry-ons in case they became lost. We returned from our cruise today. Here is my experience.

You will need to trim the Princess luggage tag to fit which is not a problem.

You need to supply your own method of attachment. I used cable ties.

The holder does not have a grommet which is a problem. The material is not very strong and two were ripped off, one from my own carry-on and one from my daughter’s luggage. When her luggage was not delivered to her room, she found it at the purser’s desk as they had not yet taken the time to look at her personal tag for her name to determine her room number.

I will not use them again, at least with cable ties, because the come off too easily. Given that I lost one on my carry-on which did not receive rough handling, I am surprised that the other eleven pieces of luggage made it to our cabins. A wider strap of some sort may work better as there is a one-half inch slot. The cable ties are thin and easily cut through the plastic.

For what it’s worth, there were about a dozen other pieces of “lost” luggage at the purser’s desk. I can only assume that at least some of them may originally have used the Princess paper tags.

Jim

I purchased two packages of “Badgemates” 3” x 4” vertical badge ID holders from OfficeMax at $4.99 each to use on our cruise.

There were six of us with 12 pieces of checked luggage. I also used them on our carry-ons in case they became lost. We returned from our cruise today. Here is my experience.

You will need to trim the Princess luggage tag to fit which is not a problem.

You need to supply your own method of attachment. I used cable ties.

The holder does not have a grommet which is a problem. The material is not very strong and two were ripped off, one from my own carry-on and one from my daughter’s luggage. When her luggage was not delivered to her room, she found it at the purser’s desk as they had not yet taken the time to look at her personal tag for her name to determine her room number.

I will not use them again, at least with cable ties, because the come off too easily. Given that I lost one on my carry-on which did not receive rough handling, I am surprised that the other eleven pieces of luggage made it to our cabins. A wider strap of some sort may work better as there is a one-half inch slot. The cable ties are thin and easily cut through the plastic.

For what it’s worth, there were about a dozen other pieces of “lost” luggage at the purser’s desk. I can only assume that at least some of them may originally have used the Princess paper tags.

Jim

Thanks Jim for sharing your experiences...that was my concern with the badge holders which aren't designed for the rigors of travel. Now I know they're not as good of an option as the Serendipity tag holders which I haven't used yet but they appear to be sturdy with a reliable reusable attachment strap.

Despite driving to the pier recently & with many, many staples and clear packing tape, several were nearly torn off going from the pier to our cabin. Since you lost some of the badge holders during the same process, there's little chance they'd survive a flight when using them as a way to hopefully be reunited with us if they are misdirected.

I know there is some concern about having an itinerary attached to bags however whether in an outside, unlocked compartment or in a tag holder...it's a risk I'm willing to take. The odds are much more likely to have our bags misdirected than to have that info used for another reason. Just my opinion & something each of us can decide for ourselves. :)

That's again Jim for the info on your 'test run' of the badge holders. :D

The simple solution is don't use your own address, but the address of someone who can take a package for you. I put in either the address of my office or a local shop I am a part owner of.

I'm with you 'sasha'smom'...the odds that your luggage will get lost is better than someone looking into each tag or bag to see who will be gone. The overwhelming number of burglaries are crimes of opportunity during the daytime when someone leaves their house unlocked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's too bad they can't be presented without being condescending. :confused:

The simple solution is don't use your own address, but the address of someone who can take a package for you. I put in either the address of my office or a local shop I am a part owner of.

That's a great idea! I don't put my home address in the itineraries attached to my luggage but only a phone # so if they really need to get to us post traveling...it can be arranged. All of us use whatever means we're comfortable with using & what makes me comfortable won't necessarily be the same anyone else. :D

I printed the Princess tags, then took a sheet of self-adhesive laminating paper and placed both tags within it and sealed them. I cut them out just a tad larger than the tags so they remained sealed on all sides. My hole puncher wouldn't cut through the plastic, so I used an ice pick to make the hole.:) Then I used a tie to fasten the tag to the suitcase.

M.

I use packing tape. I cut the tag on dotted lines where it says to fold & place tape on the tag, then fold it over and staple each side, use a hole punch at top, secure to suitcase with zip ties. My group always did it this way and never had a problem. The clear packing tape is very strong.

I print our tags on extra heavy duty presentation paper and fold the ends so they hook or overlap each other and staple six times using a standard office stapler. Typically we arrive a day or two before our cruise and use the stapler from the hotel's front desk. The staples through the twelve layers of paper provides an extra strong joint which allows a 45 lbs plus bag to be lifted by a tag made in this manner and attached by this method.

PrLugTag.jpg.c752c4856b7e40d029c35d8a82f3b563.jpg

PrincessTag.jpg.603c31d852f66f278d0b543ca63121a9.jpg

Too bad the days of the cruise lines sending you a very nice holder for all of your information,boarding passes, luggage tags etc. to you are gone. I loved getting all of this in the mail a few weeks before we left on vacation. This is just pain but if we want to cruise this is just the way we will have to roll I guess. I'll adjust:)

Your information is not seen on the tag until it's pulled off the luggage and opened. I know many CC members' date=' myself included, who put their itineraries in their suitcases in case their luggage gets lost. I still think it's a great idea.[/quote']

We use my office address instead of our home address on our luggage. It places one more layer between our home and someone undesirable, but it ensures the luggage would get back to us if need be. :)

We use my office address instead of our home address on our luggage. It places one more layer between our home and someone undesirable, but it ensures the luggage would get back to us if need be. :)

Great idea. I never would have thought of that. That's why I keep reading these boards, I'm always learning something new. Thanks.:)

Archived