Barcelona/Palma Beach in Sept?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Spain Ports
Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:57 AM.
Toronto Ontario Canada
399 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Does anyone know if it makes sense to go to a Palma or Barcelona beach in Sept. Is it hot enough for the beach then or will it be too cool??
San Diego
6,933 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
It is always hard to predict the weather!
I was in Barcelona last year towards the end of September. We had lunch overlooking the beach and we saw very few people out on the sand.
IF I was there for a short time I would rather see some of the magnificent sights of the city than to lay out on a beach but everyone travels differently!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UP next:
Miracle-March 18--yearly honeymoon

Hertfordshire
100 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Hi , The weather in Palma in September can be varied , you will be able to make up your mind when you arrive . The cruise terminal is close to many beaches either by bus or taxi . Barcelona has a beach too but you would be best to spend time there by visiting all the sights, unless you have been before .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sheffield, UK
4,315 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
You can certainly expect the temperature to be in the 70s in September, especially earlier in the month. (It could even go higher.) We had a mid/late September holiday in Mallorca a few years ago and it was blissful for us sun-starved Brits: warm but not too hot, and cooling down nicely in the evening. We certainly went to the beach most days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up:
Azura 2017 - Iceland
-------------------------
Already enjoyed:
MSC Sinfonia (2005), Norwegian Jewel (2005), Galaxy (2006 & 2007), Braemar (2007), Oriana (2008 & 2012), Ventura (2008, 2010, 2011 & 2013), Celebrity Solstice (2009), Arcadia (2010, 2012 & 2014), Black Watch (2011), Azura (2014), Britannnia (2016)

My Blog: http://tomscruiseblog.co.uk