Corkage fee

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:32 PM.
27 Posts
Joined May 2010
My travel agent will send us a few bottles of wine as gift. Will the bottles be waiting for us in our cabins? If we bring the wine to MDR at dinner time, will we be charged a corkage fee and if yes how much? Thanks!
14,450 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Actually, they will be gift certificates that you use to purchase the wine at the dining room or one of the bars.

If you bring your own wine (bought off the ship) to the dining room, the corkage is $15 (if your waiter decides to charge you)
The Land of Ahhs!
44,132 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
You will receive vouchers in your stateroom for the wine. You can call room service to have them delivered, or take them to any dining venue on board to cash them in (one at a time if you wish). There will be no corkage fee charged since they are a gift and purchased through the cruise line.
27 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by chrysalis
Actually, they will be gift certificates that you use to purchase the wine at the dining room or one of the bars.

If you bring your own wine (bought off the ship) to the dining room, the corkage is $15 (if your waiter decides to charge you)
I see. If I redeem the gift certificate at a bar, should I tip the bartender by cash, or can I charge the tips on my room card even though the wine is not purchased on my card? Thanks.
The Land of Ahhs!
44,132 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by flyhelper
I see. If I redeem the gift certificate at a bar, should I tip the bartender by cash, or can I charge the tips on my room card even though the wine is not purchased on my card? Thanks.
Since you are just turning over a voucher, there is no place to add a tip that I have ever seen on them. I would suggest tipping in cash.
South Wales, UK
2,853 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by chrysalis

If you only want the one glass, you could always pour it out in the cabin and take it into the dining room. No corkage charge then.