can you bring soda?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:14 AM.
NJ
326 Posts
Joined Oct 2001
I know on certain cruise lines they allow you to bring a 12 pack each of soda. Is this true also with Celebrity? Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
12,845 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Celebrity website is silent on the issue of bringing water and soft drinks aboard, and no one has reported any limitations on the number of cans/bottles of same allowed on board. Maybe some lines limit you to a twelve-pack, but Celebrity does not.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
...…..813 Days At Sea...….(670 on Celebrity)...and I'm counting all 7 days on the ill-fated Millennium even though my cruise was shortened!)
Central Wisconsin
2,948 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
We've brought two twelve-packs each, no problem. What we didn't finish, we left for the cabin steward. Have the cabin steward empty the honor bar fridge so you can keep your soda cool. Four twelve-packs won't fit, but we stored the excess under the bed with the luggage until they were needed. You can even put a luggage tag on your soda, but some have reported a missing can when they were delivered to the cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steve

Ruby Princess - February 7, 2009, 7 nights, Western Caribbean
Celebrity Solstice - January 17, 2010, 7 nights, Eastern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit - February 5, 2011, 7 nights, Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Millennium - August 17, 2012, 7 nights, Southbound Alaska
Sapphire Princess - May 11, 2013, 7 nights, Northbound Pacific Costal
Celebrity Summit - February 8, 2014, 7 nights, Southern Caribbean
Vision of the Seas - April 11, 2015, 15 nights, Eastbound Transatlantic
Crown Princess - February 13, 2016, 7 nights, Mexican Riviera

"There's a party all the time for them what choose." Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, The Muppet Show
Click here for the video!
MD Eastern Shore
1,908 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Good news along with their policy of allowing a couple bottles of wine
.........................Frank
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Wilmington,De,USA
23,131 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
If I don't fly I bring bottles of soda

I'm afraid if I bring cans I will be charged a pull tab fee in the dining room
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next
Grandeur of the Seas Nov 28, 2016

Cruising Bermuda Triangle (fun)
Wait for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BDCn0L7TwM

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001
Golden Princess Dec 7 2002
Coral Princess Dec 9 2003
Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004
Carnival Paradise 4 April 2005
Carnival Triumph 30 July 2005
Norwegian Dawn 11 Dec 2005
Carnival Destiny 18 June 2006
NCL Spirit 10 Dec 2006
Carnival Miracle 10 Oct 2007
Diamond Princess 17 May 2008
Explorer of the Sea 12 Dec 2008
NCL Jewel Oct 10, 2009
Celebrity Mercury 29 Oct 2010
Celebrity Silhouette 6 Nov 2011
Carnival Pride May 13, 2013,
RCCL "Mariner" Oct 20, 2012
Golden Princess April 10, 2013
Emerald Princess Oct 26 2013
Quantum of the Sea Dec 12, 2014
Grandeur of the Seas Nov 29, 2015
Norwegian Gem Apr 11, 2016

[email protected]
4,291 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
I purchase canned soda while in port, purchased soda price less than canned soda in cabin fridge. Canned soda is for use in cabin only.
981 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Is it OK to just slap a luggage tag on a pack of soda or do I need to pack it in a bag? Getting ready for tomorrow! Thanks for your help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Brett
--
RCCL Harmony of the Seas, November 2016
RCCL Freedom of the Seas, January 2015
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, March 2014
Celebrity Summit, June 2011
NCL Spirit, June 2009
RCCL Mariner of the Seas, June 2007
NCL Dawn, June 2005
Celebrity Horizon, March 2002
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas, March 2001
Carnival Fascination, March 2000
Celebrity Galaxy, August 1998
NCL Crown, April 1997
New Jersey
96 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
I think we are going to pack ours in a Lands End canvas tote that is fairly large and put the soda and water in there so it all stays together. I got the packages but I want it for in the cabin.
Chicago area
14,079 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Teacherloves2Cruise
Is it OK to just slap a luggage tag on a pack of soda or do I need to pack it in a bag? Getting ready for tomorrow! Thanks for your help.
We did this before our 14 night Caribbean cruise out of Florida last March. We bought a case of bottled water and two 12 packs of canned soda water. I taped the 12 packs together to make them like one case. I put a luggage tag on the water and another on the soda and left them with the porter. No problem. I've read a lot of reports on these boards from others who have done the same and I saw other cases of water or soda amongst the luggage checked at the pier as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Larry [email protected]
Photo site for past cruises : http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises
3,549 Posts
Joined May 2010
I leave mine out in the open, to prevent being thrown around. I always use either strapping tape or duct tape around the box to reinforce the boxes. Same with the flat(s) of water.

I only consume these items in the cabin or ashore.
Vienna, WV
4,565 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
I usually take one 20 oz bottle per day. I prefer bottles for many reasons, on of which is I can drink what I want out of it without the rest going flat. I pack them in a carry on (what we old guys used to call a Pan Am bag) so they don't go through baggage handling and get busted. Learned that the hard way. Once on board, I empty the soda and have a bag for dirty laundry.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Bob and Phyl
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Just returned from the Millennium. My sister brought caffeine free diet Coke on board as she was afraid she would not find any. She carried her can drink everywhere - restaurants, theater, etc. Never a problem. Just an fyi - Celebrity is now serving cafeine free diet Coke and Coke Zero - for those of you who can't live without these.
58 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by wvufan
I usually take one 20 oz bottle per day. I prefer bottles for many reasons, on of which is I can drink what I want out of it without the rest going flat. I pack them in a carry on (what we old guys used to call a Pan Am bag) so they don't go through baggage handling and get busted. Learned that the hard way. Once on board, I empty the soda and have a bag for dirty laundry.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Bob and Phyl
Where are you flying from? In Canada we are not allowed to carry liquids of any sort onboard, other than toiletries in 4 oz bottles.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
12,845 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
The poster who referred to using a PanAm bag meant a carry-on bag taken on the ship, not on a plane.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
...…..813 Days At Sea...….(670 on Celebrity)...and I'm counting all 7 days on the ill-fated Millennium even though my cruise was shortened!)
New Jersey
67 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Anyone know where I can find the details on the Celebrity website on what soda, water, wine we can bring onboard? I've looked everywhere... Thansk. - Nancy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06/04/17 ~ Celebrity Summit ~ Bermuda
02/10/13 ~ RC Explorer of the Seas ~ Bahamas
09/09/12 ~ RC Explorer of the Seas ~ Bermuda
10/30/10 ~ RC Brilliance of the Seas ~ Mediterranean