Does Celebrity offer "Chef's Table" like Princess?

sewblessed

DH and I were able to participate in The Chef's Table on Princess Emerald and it was amazing. Perhaps it was the BEST part of our wonderful cruise experience. Does Celebrity offer any dining experience like Princess's Chef's Table?

We are cruising on the Eclipse in February and wouldn't want to miss that type of opportunity if it exists. Thanks in advance for replying if you know the answer!

The Silhouette does, according to the Dailies. Just about every other day the announcement was listed in the Daily, something along the lines of "this cruise SIX passengers will have the rare opportunity to blah blah blah..." but no price listed -- only to call the desk to reserve a seat. I recall talking to someone who had inquired, I think they said the charge was $150 per person (and had then politely declined signing up). :o

I don't think X had many takers, at least on our cruise in December... the ad kept repeating, and was still being offered on the 10th day of the 12 day cruise... meaning the ship STILL hadn't found 6 victims, I mean guests, with only a day or so until the scheduled dinner. :eek:

I have done the Chef's table on another cruiseline, which was a great experience, but the charge was only $75 per person. We however, were lucky to have been invited as guests of the Chef, so we didn't pay (but left a generous tip to the 4 Sous Chefs that were the ones who actually prepared and served the meal).

I had to laugh at your post here, SugarLover. I felt very honored to have been able to participate in Princess's Chef's Table and loved the way they presented the event. Perhaps the $150 charge means it is twice as great as the other? Maybe someone who has done that dinner can elaborate for us both :).

The Chef's Table was offered on the "new" Inifinity's "inaugural" cruise. My understanding is that it is offered on all cruises if there is sufficient demand. It was not openly advertised on our cruise and was limited to 8 people. The cost was $279 for two people and included the Excite the Senses cook book.

It was an incredible experience we would repeat in a heartbeat but I will not give all the details as it would spoil some of the surprises. What I will say is that the table is set up in the Galley and comprises five especially designed courses with wine pairings.

We have also taken part in Lunch with the Executive Chef on Constellation in 2010 which was a very different but also excellent event which I would also recommend. Again, this was not widely advertised and you need to ask aout it if you are interested.

Sue

The Chef's Table was offered on the "new" Inifinity's "inaugural" cruise. My understanding is that it is offered on all cruises if there is sufficient demand. It was not openly advertised on our cruise and was limited to 8 people. The cost was $279 for two people and included the Excite the Senses cook book.

It was an incredible experience we would repeat in a heartbeat but I will not give all the details as it would spoil some of the surprises. What I will say is that the table is set up in the Galley and comprises five especially designed courses with wine pairings.

We have also taken part in Lunch with the Executive Chef on Constellation in 2010 which was a very different but also excellent event which I would also recommend. Again, this was not widely advertised and you need to ask aout it if you are interested.

Sue

Hi Sue, sounds lovely:) but I just want to let you know there are

going to be folks who will want you to give "all those details"...not

me, but just be prepared;)...surprises or not.

Hi Sue, sounds lovely:) but I just want to let you know there are

going to be folks who will want you to give "all those details"...not

me, but just be prepared;)...surprises or not.

Lois

I appreciate that but it really would be spoiling it for some people. I appreciated so much that the person who posted before our cruise did not give away the details and, therefore, I give warning I will not be swayed.

Sue

WARNING: Bad pun approaching.

I think this is where Celebrity is missing the boat (sorry, but that's what I wanted to say) when it comes to offering a "Chef's Table" experience. Princess has an awesome Chef's Table, and I think it was only $75 pp if I remember correctly. We found it to be incredible, and even better than the Chef's Table on the Oasis. Celebrity prides itself on being so great, and for the most part I concur, but they need to offer an affordable Chef's Table on all of their cruises. Foodies like us would be the first to sign up every time.

The Silhouette does, according to the Dailies. Just about every other day the announcement was listed in the Daily, something along the lines of "this cruise SIX passengers will have the rare opportunity to blah blah blah..." but no price listed -- only to call the desk to reserve a seat. I recall talking to someone who had inquired, I think they said the charge was $150 per person (and had then politely declined signing up). :o

I don't think X had many takers, at least on our cruise in December... the ad kept repeating, and was still being offered on the 10th day of the 12 day cruise... meaning the ship STILL hadn't found 6 victims, I mean guests, with only a day or so until the scheduled dinner. :eek:

I have done the Chef's table on another cruiseline, which was a great experience, but the charge was only $75 per person. We however, were lucky to have been invited as guests of the Chef, so we didn't pay (but left a generous tip to the 4 Sous Chefs that were the ones who actually prepared and served the meal).

Loved your response.

Sue

I appreciate you posting this; it's very helpful. Would you happen to know how much the Lunch With the Excecutive Chef costs? Was it, too, a limited event?

I wish they would not include the Excite the Senses Cookbook and lower the price. I would love to do the Chef's Table, but have zero interest in the cookbook.

Gonzo, I was thinking the same thing, but only because I already have the book. I have a feeling though, that when if/when you sign up, you could tell them you don't want the book, and they would take the cost of the book ($50 or whatever) off the price they charge you. My BF doesn't drink, but we have done the wine dinners, dinners with the guest chef, etc, and when we explain at the time of reservation, they offer to take the cost of the wine off his bill (and they always confirm with us when we walk in, before we even sit down).

We did a cruise with Carnival in December and did the Chef's Table. It was only $75 pp including wine. I was very pleasantly impressed with the quality and amount of food. I think it was something like 7 courses with a few small appetizers to start in the galley prior to dinner that was set up in a private dining room. Champagne to start and lots of wine. I would gladly repeat it but for $275 on Celebrity, I don't think I'll be signing up.

I appreciate you posting this; it's very helpful. Would you happen to know how much the Lunch With the Excecutive Chef costs? Was it, too, a limited event?

This event was also limited to 8 people. I am no longer certain how much this cost but, looking at our account for that cruise, it MAY have been $55 per person. If so, it was incredible value as it included as much wine as any of us could drink [and all the guests stayed at the table talking until 4pm!].

Gonzo, I was thinking the same thing, but only because I already have the book. I have a feeling though, that when if/when you sign up, you could tell them you don't want the book, and they would take the cost of the book ($50 or whatever) off the price they charge you. My BF doesn't drink, but we have done the wine dinners, dinners with the guest chef, etc, and when we explain at the time of reservation, they offer to take the cost of the wine off his bill (and they always confirm with us when we walk in, before we even sit down).

One of the people at our table was a minor [with his parents] and I am pretty certain that they must have adjusted the price for him - no only because he was not allowed alcohol but, also, because I doubt that he would have wanted his own copy of the book. At the last minute, my husband was unable to drink alcohol for the Wine Connoisseur Dinner and they adjusted the price without being asked.

As I mentioned, we wish to repeat this event on our next cruise and are confident that we would not have to have the book again nor pay for it.

Sue

I wish they would not include the Excite the Senses Cookbook and lower the price. I would love to do the Chef's Table, but have zero interest in the cookbook.

Hmmm...I already have Excite the Senses...wonder if they'd lower the price for us? (silly question, I know!)

Thank you, that is good to know. I will have to see if they offer this event on my next cruise; it is just a five nighter - so not sure if it will even be available. If it is I will see if I can negotiate for a lower price in exchange for not receiving the book.

If you break the cost down $279 is not a bad deal, at least for us. 2 Dinners in Murano's - $80.00. Cost of the book $59. That leaves $140 which we often spend on a bottle of wine.

I'm hoping they offer it on the Centruy in April.

Mary Lou

I don't mind sharing...tee hee..

So don't look if you want to be surprised.

OK..first of all had I read this post...I may have saved some money since I don't like wine. In the future I will ask when I book the chef's table if I can get a break since I don't drink wine.

We were on the Century this past November. From what I could tell the Chef's Table was a tough sell...They at first tried to get you at the $199 per person price but quickly quoted the $279 a couple. In the future I will tell them I already have the cook book....

Dinner is in the Galley and some of the courses are finished table side. We had 6 of us ...all together so even though the table would hold 8. No one else booked the last 2 seats. Now I will say...our group was all guys...so maybe Celebrity let prospective buyers know ...but I doubt it. But I thought in fairness I would mention it.

Now, I don't know if this is typical...or because we had only 6....but we had the Hotel Director join us for dinner. I think he asked us where our wives were...and that gave us all a chuckle...but we figured what the heck.....and we said we left them at home. He stayed the whole dinner and there were extra rounds of drinks that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. Also perhaps because he was there...the head chef too participated in finishing the courses table side.

Dinner lasted nearly 2 hours and we were made to feel very welcome and also enjoyed asking the hotel director a ton of questions and also getting some insights into his job and Celebrity in general.

I did leave out the surprises...I'm not that bad...you do get a real nice photo...

As a side note...we had been to Murano and the head guy there always took care of us very well. We ate there a few times and we received some nice perks as return customers. He also was the lead for the Chef's table and along with the Executive chef finished some of the courses table side. We made sure to take care of him tip wise!

Food wise.

Biggest surprise here....

While it was excellent no doubt..it was all just a riff on what you could get at Murano. We have done 4 other chef's tables on other lines...and this was a big surprise that was not good. However the service and the chance to chat with the hotel director far outweighed the fact that the food resembled what we could get in Murano.

In the future I would do this again in a heartbeat. I would let them know I'm not a wine person...and that I had the cookbook. At least with the cookbook I can sell it on Ebay and get something for it. The wine was all you wanted so no point in giving mine to my better half.

Ken

Thank you, that is good to know. I will have to see if they offer this event on my next cruise; it is just a five nighter - so not sure if it will even be available. If it is I will see if I can negotiate for a lower price in exchange for not receiving the book.

Gonzo,:) I am sailing on a 5 nighter as well......going Jan 14th and will

be asking about it.

• 10 months later...

Lois/Gonzo - what did you guys find out?

We've tried the Chef's Table a few times on other lines, and am considering it (if it's offered) on our December Constellation and Reflection sailings - 4 and 7 nights respectively.

Thanks,

Tom

Lois/Gonzo - what did you guys find out?

We've tried the Chef's Table a few times on other lines, and am considering it (if it's offered) on our December Constellation and Reflection sailings - 4 and 7 nights respectively.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom:)...that was back in January and I confess, I never went

to a special dinner and honestly I think I forgot to ask:eek:

BUT I am sailing this Saturday on Summit and this time? I am

going to ask:D

Archived