Lima Flights

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!


Unregistered, just back from your Fred. Olsen cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:23 AM.
#1
Bristol, UK
1,309 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I am sailing with FO for the first time in April and will be flying to Lima from Gatwick. Anyone done this before and if so can you remember which airline. Is it usually BA with an am fight time?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Geoff & Sally
OVC is Oldland Village Club
#2
Berkshire, UK
379 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by ovccruiser
I am sailing with FO for the first time in April and will be flying to Lima from Gatwick. Anyone done this before and if so can you remember which airline. Is it usually BA with an am fight time?
Fred Olsen mostly use charter flights. If you are flying from Gatwick it wont be BA because they don't fly to Lima from there.
#3
Kent
775 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Fred. Olsen normally use charter flights.The flight from Gatwick to Lima in February is a Pullmantour aircraft.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Parsman
#4
UK
486 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Parsman
Fred. Olsen normally use charter flights.The flight from Gatwick to Lima in February is a Pullmantour aircraft.

And strangely Pullmantur Air (part of the Spanish Pullmantur Cruises) is owned by Royal Caribbean.

They operate 3 modern Boeing 747-400's.
#5
329 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Hi ovccruiser, I have seen you many times in Cunard forum.

We are also travelling on Fred Olsen for the first time, perhaps in the cruise before you (we are on Black Watch), disembarking in Lima and flying back to Gatwick, so your question was helpful to us, too.

I wish you a great time and hope we shall all enjoy Fred Olsen.
#6
North West England
146 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi
We flew back from Lima last year with Fred. It was a Thomas Cook Airbus night flight to Gatwick. Had to vacate the cabin by 9am, storage was available for hand luggage; we had breakfast, lunch and dinner on the ship, saw the early show and then were taken to the airport at 9.45pm.
We had a refuelling stop in Dominican Republic, where we stayed on the plane.
There was a small market set up right by the ship which we looked around in the morning and we took an afternoon ship's tour. We were worried about how the day would go beforehand but it turned out to be quite a pleasant close to the holiday. (Apart from the long flight home of course!)
#7
Bristol, UK
1,309 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by RobertGraves
Hi ovccruiser, I have seen you many times in Cunard forum.

We are also travelling on Fred Olsen for the first time, perhaps in the cruise before you (we are on Black Watch), disembarking in Lima and flying back to Gatwick, so your question was helpful to us, too.

I wish you a great time and hope we shall all enjoy Fred Olsen.
Yes, you got me I do sail more on Cunard, but this cruise takes a couple of items off my bucket list. What I am now trying to find out, is what time the flight may leave Gatwick. There are 4 of us going and we are looking at a hire car, but depending on the flight times would also answere whether we need an overnight hotel in Gatwick.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Geoff & Sally
OVC is Oldland Village Club
#9
Southampton
17 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Interested in replies, as four of us are on the same flight to Lima on the 2nd April to join the Black Watch and want to organise transport to Gatwick. I am on Roll Call - Fred Olsen Lines - re private trip around Cartagena, if you are interested.