Future Cruise Certificate Redemption

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:50 PM.
#1
Chewelah, WA
555 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL.

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.
(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.
(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.
#2
canada
1,265 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by cruiserguy11
I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL.

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.
(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.
(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.
thanks for the info..I was trying to get mine, but like you the page was going nowhere ..I also had to go into compatibility mode for it to work
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Ecstasy April 1993 (San Juan, St Thomas, Nassau)
Triumph may 2008 (Jamaica, Grand cayman , Cozumel)
Miracle sept 2009 (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay,Nassau)
Miracle sept 2010 (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay,Nassau)
Legend May 2011 (cozumel,Belize,Isla Roatan,Grand Cayman)
NCL dawn oct 2011(Bermuda)
Miracle april 2012 (San Juan, St Thomas,Grand Turk)
explorer of the seas nov 2012 (Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, Antigua,St Kitts)
Miracle feb 2013 (Nassau, Freeport, Port Canaveral )
splendor sept 2013 (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay,Nassau)
glory feb 2014 (cozumel,Belize,Isla Roatan(missed),Grand Cayman)
victory (b2b) sept 2014 (Jamaica, Grand cayman)
Victory (b2b) sept 2014 (Key West, Cozumel)
Pride aug 2015 (Grand turk, HMC, freeport)
#3
10,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by freddymale
thanks for the info..I was trying to get mine, but like you the page was going nowhere ..I also had to go into compatibility mode for it to work
Same here...have to use IE and be in compatibility mode before filling in the information.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#4
Cairo, Egypt
747 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Thank you for the useful information, and sorry you had to go through all of that.

My mum and I had the same problem.... I'll pass this onto her.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Celebrity - Infinity 07/3/2016- Alaska RT- ISP, Juneau, Ketchikan

Royal Caribbean - Splendour OS -10/04/2014 (Greek Isles)
MSC Orchestra- 03/30/13 (Tunisia, Ibiza, Genoa, Palermo, Nice(Monaco))
Carnival Miracle- 07/25/2012 (San Juan, St.Thomas, Grand Turk)
Princess (Ocean) - 01/23/2011 (South China Sea Explorer) first attempted review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1342150
Princess (Crown)- 05/01/2010 (TA FLL- Rome)
Royal Caribbean- Majesty OS 12/14 2009 (Bahamas)
Carnival Liberty 12/05 2009 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Liberty 5/31 2008 (Exotic Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Paradise 8/25/2002 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Sensation 8/15/1999 (Western Caribbean)


Currently living- Africa (living in Cairo to teach)

One day - Antarctica, South America, Australia
#5
canada
1,265 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
that is why I love reading CC...always people posting good info, and always willing to help others
so thank you again for starting this thread
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Ecstasy April 1993 (San Juan, St Thomas, Nassau)
Triumph may 2008 (Jamaica, Grand cayman , Cozumel)
Miracle sept 2009 (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay,Nassau)
Miracle sept 2010 (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay,Nassau)
Legend May 2011 (cozumel,Belize,Isla Roatan,Grand Cayman)
NCL dawn oct 2011(Bermuda)
Miracle april 2012 (San Juan, St Thomas,Grand Turk)
explorer of the seas nov 2012 (Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, Antigua,St Kitts)
Miracle feb 2013 (Nassau, Freeport, Port Canaveral )
splendor sept 2013 (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay,Nassau)
glory feb 2014 (cozumel,Belize,Isla Roatan(missed),Grand Cayman)
victory (b2b) sept 2014 (Jamaica, Grand cayman)
Victory (b2b) sept 2014 (Key West, Cozumel)
Pride aug 2015 (Grand turk, HMC, freeport)
#6
Rittman, Ohio
1,044 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by ready2cruzagain
Same here...have to use IE and be in compatibility mode before filling in the information.
I had the same fun getting mine submitted. I finally got an email from Carnival but it showed "Conquest" as the ship (I know I selected the Breeze).

Hopefully things will work out OK since I put in our booking number.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Randy & Kimberly

COMING UP:


CRUISE HISTORY:
Apr 2017 - Carnival Vista
Apr 2016 - Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean - First Royal Cruise!
Apr 2015 - Carnival Sunshine - Western Caribbean
Apr 2014 - Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean
Apr 2013 - Carnival Liberty - Aft-Wrap Cruise (photo review)
Nov 2012 - Carnival Breeze - B2B Cruise! (photo review)
Dec 2011 - Carnival Dream - Cruising with the Kids (photo review)
Jan 2011 - Carnival Fantasy - Anniversary Cruise (photo review)
#8
Pittsburgh, PA
75 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
I think I'll send mine in the mail. Thank you for the information.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Valor - September 15, 2013
Carnival Breeze - January 5. 2013
Carnival Dream - September 1, 2012
Carnival Splendor -October 16, 2011
Carnival Spirit - August 21, 2010
Carnival Freedom - April 22, 2009
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - July 7, 2008
#9
Brooklyn, NY
111 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks to all.....the compatability mode was the final step I needed to get mine through. As someone else said, I love these boards, without them I don't know how we would navigate everything!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Escape February 2016 - 10 year anniversary
Carnival Sunshine January 2015 - early 9 year anniversary
Carnival Miracle February 2014 - 8 year anniversary
Carnival Fascination November 2013 - Platinum!
Carnival Sensation October 2013
Carnival Glory August 2013 -Hubby's Birthday
Carnival Glory August 2013 - First Cruise to nowhere
Carnival Dream February 2013 - 7 year anniversary
Carnival Fascination December 2012
Carnival Glory February 2011 - 5 year anniversary
Carnival Liberty February 2010 - 4 year anniversary
Celebration February 2005 - got engaged!
Carnival Sensation November 2004 - first cruise ever!
#10
Northern Michigan
237 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by mario007
I think I'll send mine in the mail. Thank you for the information.
You my Friend my be the smartest one of all
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bahama celebration 2009
Carnival Freedom 2/??/2010
Carnival Destiny 12/08/2011
Carnival Miracle 3/09/2012
Carnival Spirit 7/24/2012
Carnival Destiny 2/16/2013
Celebrity Constellation 1/25/2014
Carnival Breeze 2/1/2014
Celebrity Constellation 11/29/2014
Celebrity Silhouette 1/24/2016
Norwegian Getaway 1/31/2016
#11
10,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by rtw68
I had the same fun getting mine submitted. I finally got an email from Carnival but it showed "Conquest" as the ship (I know I selected the Breeze).

Hopefully things will work out OK since I put in our booking number.
LOL I got the same thing...did FCC for the Breeze...confirmation said Conquest. The credit does show up on the Breeze and I did call and they said it was credited to the Breeze not the Conquest.

Still waiting for my FCC to go through on my other cruise...17 days now...geez.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#12
Rittman, Ohio
1,044 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by ready2cruzagain
LOL I got the same thing...did FCC for the Breeze...confirmation said Conquest. The credit does show up on the Breeze and I did call and they said it was credited to the Breeze not the Conquest.

Still waiting for my FCC to go through on my other cruise...17 days now...geez.
Cool at least there is hope!

I thought I lost my mind for a bit but it sounds like the I.T. folks still have some work to do....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Randy & Kimberly

COMING UP:


CRUISE HISTORY:
Apr 2017 - Carnival Vista
Apr 2016 - Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean - First Royal Cruise!
Apr 2015 - Carnival Sunshine - Western Caribbean
Apr 2014 - Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean
Apr 2013 - Carnival Liberty - Aft-Wrap Cruise (photo review)
Nov 2012 - Carnival Breeze - B2B Cruise! (photo review)
Dec 2011 - Carnival Dream - Cruising with the Kids (photo review)
Jan 2011 - Carnival Fantasy - Anniversary Cruise (photo review)
#13
Daytona Beach
5,033 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
CCL's website has always had issues. I had the same problem with a FCC redemption and learned of the compatibility mode fix here on CC.

I like Carnival, but you would think that a multi-billion dollar company would have the money to design a more user-friendly website!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Platinum Cruiser since 2010
#14
Carolina!!!!!
2,484 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
It would be so much simpler if they had a place when you actually book the cruise to put in the certificate number where you put in the credit card information and have it applied at booking. In my case I only booked cruise 3 week before sail date and of course required full payment at booking. I went ahead and submitted my certificated ... not sure what will happen if will credit my cc back for the 100.00 or what. Finally showed up my Shipboard Credit but it was only 50 (5 day cruise) and not 150 so hopefully somewhere along the way they will give me back the 100 deposit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"But Then I Think About the Good Times Down in the Caribbean Sunshine..." One Particular Harbor - J. Buffett

#15
tennessee
269 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by angelkisses
It would be so much simpler if they had a place when you actually book the cruise to put in the certificate number where you put in the credit card information and have it applied at booking. In my case I only booked cruise 3 week before sail date and of course required full payment at booking. I went ahead and submitted my certificated ... not sure what will happen if will credit my cc back for the 100.00 or what. Finally showed up my Shipboard Credit but it was only 50 (5 day cruise) and not 150 so hopefully somewhere along the way they will give me back the 100 deposit.
I have submitted mine twice, first time was over 2 weeks ago. Carnival said if I went ahead and paid the $100(which is what my final payment is), and the certificate goes through, then it will be refunded back to the credit card I paid for it with.
#16
Carolina!!!!!
2,484 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by lcgvol
I have submitted mine twice, first time was over 2 weeks ago. Carnival said if I went ahead and paid the $100(which is what my final payment is), and the certificate goes through, then it will be refunded back to the credit card I paid for it with.
Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"But Then I Think About the Good Times Down in the Caribbean Sunshine..." One Particular Harbor - J. Buffett

#17
Malden, MO
5,278 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Thanks!! I followed the directions and it finally worked. I really think Carnival makes it difficult in the hopes that you will get frustrated and just give up on redeeming your certificate. I just got the standard email that says they will process in 5-7 days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[/SIGPIC]
Carnival Fantasy April 2009
Carnival Fantasy July 2009
Carnival Elation May 2010
Carnival Triumph April 2011
Carnival Elation May 2011
Carnival Elation May 2012
Carnival Elation June 2013
Carnival Elation June 2014
Carnival Elation June 2015
Carnival Triumph July 2016
Carnival Dream December 2016
Carnival Fantasy May 2017
Carnival Dream May 2018





#18
Southeast Texas
168 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Just so you know, apparently they are very behind in processing these things so it will probably be longer than 5 to 7 days. I submitted one on Dec. 15 and I'm still waiting. I have called multiple times and everyone says to just keep waiting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Miracle - 6/25/13
Carnival Magic - 6/10/12
Carnival Triumph - 1/26/12
Carnival Conquest - 4/10/11
Carnival Conquest - 3/6/11
Carnival Legend 3/7/10

Carnival Conquest 12/6/09
Carnival Conquest 1/6/08
#19
10,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by klo28910
Just so you know, apparently they are very behind in processing these things so it will probably be longer than 5 to 7 days. I submitted one on Dec. 15 and I'm still waiting. I have called multiple times and everyone says to just keep waiting.
You submitted yours a week before I submitted my last one so I will wait a while longer before I resubmit. I just can't understand why they don't take them as they receive them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#20
Bakersfield, CA
1,317 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
How do I get into "compatability mode?"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Maria
Bakersfield

Past Cruises

5/15 Carnival Miracle- Mexican Riviera (Gabby's First Cruise)
1/15 Carnival Inspiration- Ensenada (Gia's Cruise with Mommy Take 2)
5/14 Carnival Imagination - Ensenada (Gia's Cruise with Mommy)
12/13 Carnival Inspiration - Catalina/Ensenada (Our Last Just Gia Family Cruise)
10/13 Carnival Miracle - Catalina/Ensenada
4/13 Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean (Cruise out of PR after Gia got to meet her Abuelo for the first time)
5/12, 9/12 Carnivial Inspiration - Ensenada (Cathy's First Cruise), Ensenada (Mom's Much Needed Getaway)
4/12 Carnival Magic - Western Caribbean (Baby Belle's First Cruise!)
8/09, 11/09, 11/10, 11/10 Carnival Paradise - (My Bday Cruise), Ensenada (Our Honeymoon on Paradise!), Ensenada (Mom's First Cruise
6/09, 7/09, 7/10 Carnival Splendor - Pacific Northwest reroute (PLATINUM!), Mexican Riviera (Wrap-Around Aft Balcony!), Mexican Riviera (Spa Cabin---soooo worth it!) and Rob was Garth Brooks!
9/06, 4/07 Carnival Paradise - Ensenada
1/07 RCCL Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
5/06 RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - Jamaica/Grand Caymen (Konica Minolta COE/President's Club Trip)
8/05, 1/06 Carnival Paradise - Ensenada (My Bday Cruise)
8/03, 10/03 Carnival Ecstasy - Ensenada (My Bday Cruise)
8/96, 8/97, 8/98 Carnival Holiday - Ensenada (My Bday Cruise)