Drink prices Allure??

poblead

Just wondering what the average cost of drinks is? Do they have 2-1 specials?

Can you get juices and ice tea in windjammer ??

My DD is 5 and we don't do soda for her so wondering about

Options for her.. And alcohol budget for us!

There are the occasional 2 for 1 drinks in certain bars for a short period of time, 1 hour maybe.

Options for you child, Wipeout café and Park Café have flavored water (free). Milk, chocolate milk, juice (in mornings), ice tea, coffee (regular), and tea are free all the time. Juice is offered at lunch in the MDR when opened.

Fresh squeezed is available anytime but costs ($).

Drinks vary in price

Beer $4.00 to $12.00 (+15% gratuities is added on automatically to all drinks).

Mixed drinks $5.00 and up

Wine by glass $6.00 and up

Wine by the bottle $29.00 and up

Martinis $10.00 and up

pop $2.00

Bottle water $2.50 Small Larger $3.95 and up

coffee/latte Starbucks $4.95 and up.

Some mixed drinks are around $8.50 mark then you add souvenir glass and it goes up to over $10.00.

You can bring bottled water on board at the begining of the cruise if you wish. Just tag it with you room tag and it will go to your room.

There are the occasional 2 for 1 drinks in certain bars for a short period of time, 1 hour maybe.

all the time. Juice is offered at lunch in the MDR when opened.

Drinks vary in price

Martinis $10.00 and up

pop $2.00

Some mixed drinks are around $8.50 mark then you add souvenir glass and it goes up to over $10.00.

I still am shell shocked at the prices they get for their drinks (They can get their booze duty free).

I still am shell shocked at the prices they get for their drinks (They can get their booze duty free).

Just wondering where you can find bar prices that are a lot lower on land? These prices are very similar to many restaurants and lounges I have visited, without the benefit of being on a cruise!:D

bobj

Just wondering where you can find bar prices that are a lot lower on land? These prices are very similar to many restaurants and lounges I have visited, without the benefit of being on a cruise!:D

bobj

Very true ! Comparable to Baltimore for sure and about what I was thinking ...

Thanks that's what I was thinking very comaparable to here at home in Baltimore. Thanks.. Will def bring some water!

Options for you child, Wipeout café and Park Café have flavored water (free). Milk, chocolate milk, juice (in mornings), ice tea, coffee (regular), and tea are free all the time. Juice is offered at lunch in the MDR when opened.

Drinks vary in price

Martinis $10.00 and up

pop $2.00

You can bring bottled water on board at the begining of the cruise if you wish. Just tag it with you room tag and it will go to your room.

TECHNICALLY, you aren't allowed to do this, but 9 times out of 10, it will make it to your room.

Just wanted to point out that there's a slim chance it won't make it. The water on board is fine to drink otherwise. We bring empty water bottles and re-fill with ice from our stateroom attendant to bring ashore.

bobj

Here in Michigan, we can get a beer for 3.00 and a mixed (strong, too I might add) drink for 3.00. I'm assuming in Illinois prices are higher.

Here in Michigan, we can get a beer for 3.00 and a mixed (strong, too I might add) drink for 3.00. I'm assuming in Illinois prices are higher.

Well, actually, you're right that beer and drinks can be found for $3, even here in Illinois. but it's going to be at a corner bar, designed primarily as a place to drink at and not much else. But any place with a little nicer atmosphere, like a nice restaurant or an upscale lounge for people to get a little dressed up and go out to on a Saturday night, is going to charge similar to the ship's prices, or more.

And the point I was trying to make is that, I think the ship is providing the drinks as part of an overall experience, not just for the purpose of serving alcohol. And I for one thoroughly enjoy that overall experience, and am therefore quite comfortable paying the (reasonable IMHO) prices they charge.

At the end of the day, I'm sure we will both figure out how we can enjoy our cruises. If we ever cross paths, the first one's on me.:D

bobj

At the end of the day, I'm sure we will both figure out how we can enjoy our cruises. If we ever cross paths, the first one's on me.:D

bobj

Oh, I love cruising, I go on one every year - not just on RCCL, either.

I'm going to hold you to your promise about that first drink:p. My first one is usually a Pina Colada.

Not me! I live in New York City... so drink prices like THAT are a God send, if you ask me! It'll cost me much less to be on the ship than to be in my home city! $5 for a mixed drink? Wow! I just had a Bombay Sapphire and tonic the other night at a hotel bar in NYC, and they charged me $19!

This post just made my day!

Archived