Eclipse best hump cabins

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:55 AM.
#1
9 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
We are planning on booking a TA on the Eclipse for this fall. We would like to be on the port side in a hump cabin. Three are available. 6215, 7211 and 7219. We prefer the bed near the bath and are hoping one of these has the larger balcony. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL




Sky Princess 16 night Panama Canal 1994
RCCL Majesty of the seas Western Carribbean 1995
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 1998
RCCL Raphodsy of the Seas 2002
RCCL Voyager of the Seas TA Dec. 2009
RCCL Voyager of the Seas W. Carib. 2010
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas W. Carib. Aug. 2010
#2
Myrtle Beach
14,486 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by aquacruisers
We are planning on booking a TA on the Eclipse for this fall. We would like to be on the port side in a hump cabin. Three are available. 6215, 7211 and 7219. We prefer the bed near the bath and are hoping one of these has the larger balcony. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks!!!
Both 7219 and 6215 have the largest balconies, but bed is by the balcony. 7211 has a large balcony with bed by the bath. If you really want bed by bath, go for 7211. The balcony is only about a foot or so shorter in length, but larger than the normal balconies.
#3
9 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Wine-O
Both 7219 and 6215 have the largest balconies, but bed is by the balcony. 7211 has a large balcony with bed by the bath. If you really want bed by bath, go for 7211. The balcony is only about a foot or so shorter in length, but larger than the normal balconies.

Thanks for the quick reply!! I believe we would prefer 7211 then. It just seems out of place to have the bed by the balcony!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL




Sky Princess 16 night Panama Canal 1994
RCCL Majesty of the seas Western Carribbean 1995
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 1998
RCCL Raphodsy of the Seas 2002
RCCL Voyager of the Seas TA Dec. 2009
RCCL Voyager of the Seas W. Carib. 2010
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas W. Carib. Aug. 2010
#4
Florida
879 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
You do realize that you are talking about a cruise ship balcony cabin...right?

If the bed is closer to the window, that means the bathroom is a whole two steps further!!! The cabin is only 192 square feet!!!

I hope you can make it!!
#5
9 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by megfla
You do realize that you are talking about a cruise ship balcony cabin...right?

If the bed is closer to the window, that means the bathroom is a whole two steps further!!! The cabin is only 192 square feet!!!

I hope you can make it!!
Pretty tacky comment. Though I don't owe you an explanation, we prefer the sofa near the balcony as it makes a nicer "living" area combined with the balcony as opposed to the bed interrupting things. How many steps to the bathroom has NOTHING to do with it!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL




Sky Princess 16 night Panama Canal 1994
RCCL Majesty of the seas Western Carribbean 1995
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 1998
RCCL Raphodsy of the Seas 2002
RCCL Voyager of the Seas TA Dec. 2009
RCCL Voyager of the Seas W. Carib. 2010
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas W. Carib. Aug. 2010
#6
Myrtle Beach
14,486 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by megfla
You do realize that you are talking about a cruise ship balcony cabin...right?

If the bed is closer to the window, that means the bathroom is a whole two steps further!!! The cabin is only 192 square feet!!!

I hope you can make it!!
Some people like the sofa & desk by the balcony. All the M-Class cabins I've been in were configured that way. It has nothing to do with how many steps there are to the bathroom.
#9
Myrtle Beach
14,486 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Tiggertastic
7260 - we have stayed in it twice. Bed next to bath and the balcony is massive - its on the corner of the hump 2nd one in.
I don't believe 7260 was one of the three options?
#10
9 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Well, after much discussion, my DW and I decided to just go ahead and reserve a C3. It is actually less money than the 1A and you get the extra perks. I'm going to be checking out those hump cabins for future reference however!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL




Sky Princess 16 night Panama Canal 1994
RCCL Majesty of the seas Western Carribbean 1995
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 1998
RCCL Raphodsy of the Seas 2002
RCCL Voyager of the Seas TA Dec. 2009
RCCL Voyager of the Seas W. Carib. 2010
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas W. Carib. Aug. 2010
#12
Manchester England
146 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Fixit2010
Anything special with cabin 8232 on the Eclipse?
We were in 8230 in Feb. this is on the angled part of the hump with extra large balcony. 8232 is on the straight part with a regular sized balcony. Great for proximity to lifts and v quiet tho!
#13
UK South East
865 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Buryfan
We were in 8230 in Feb. this is on the angled part of the hump with extra large balcony. 8232 is on the straight part with a regular sized balcony. Great for proximity to lifts and v quiet tho!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I missed booking the XL balcony by one room. You have no idea how that sux... just by one, uno, un, ichi,
#14
Yorkshire, UK
6,506 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Wine-O
I don't believe 7260 was one of the three options?
So true - then go for 7211 as 7258 next to us was also really large but 7262 was not

Note that that side you are 2 decks above the smoking area