Carnival Sunshine vs Conquest

JJcruising10

Hello,

I'm trying to decide on a cruise for March 2017. I've narrowed it down to 2 8day cruises

Carnival Conquest: St. Martin, St. Kitts, St. Juan, Grand Turk

Carnival Sunshine: Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk

I haven't experienced either of these itineraries or ships and they both cost about the same. Any insight would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

I'm trying to decide on a cruise for March 2017. I've narrowed it down to 2 8day cruises

I haven't experienced either of these itineraries or ships and they both cost about the same. Any insight would be most appreciated. Thanks!

This is a tricky one. I think the best of all those spots is Aruba. Sunshine is only going to three islands but the first two should be really good. I would choose Sunshine.

I can't speak for Aruba and Curacao because I have never been. I did the St. Maarten, St.Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk itinerary (happened to be aboard the Sunshine) and it was my favorite itinerary I have done but that may be just because it is the only time I have done eastern Caribbean.

As far as the ships I have been on both and think they pretty comparable. I think I liked the overall layout of the Conquest better but the Sunshine does have a few more dining options. My biggest gripe with the Sunshine was the lack of size in the comedy club, which is one of my favorite things to do on the ship.

Edited by Hatch54

I've been on both ships but not on either itinerary so I can only speak to ship differences.

If the serenity deck is important to you then you want the sunshine. Conquest doesn't have serenity at all, just an adult pool.

Both have the 2.0 upgrades but only the sunshine has the huge sport square and ropes course. Water works is better on Sunshine also.

Conquest has the new seafood shack.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I've been on both ships and both itineraries.

For me it would be the Conquest. I love the ship and have sailed on her 9 times when she was my homeport ship.

I don't like much of anything about the Sunshine. Though the ports she is visiting are all nice.

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far!

Homeport for Sunshine is Port Canaveral and Conquest is Ft. Lauderdale. There isn't one more convenient for us as we have family in both places. My husband and I have been on several cruises but that was before having a child. We will now be cruising with a 2yr old and hope to utilize camp carnival/ocean, as much as the little one will tolerate it.

We did the Conquest the last 2 years and this year we are doing the Sunshine on March 4th. We have also been to all these ports multiple times. You cannot go wrong with either one. The big difference is the Conquest has 1 more port. So, if you want to relax more and spend time on the ship go Sunshine. If you want to see more ports and do more off the ship go Conquest.

I will say if it is March 4th you are looking at there seems to be a fun group of people going on the Sunshine:)

I know I chimed in earlier but now seeing that you are cruising with a toddler I thought I would again. Our daughter was 3 when we were on the Sunshine and absolutely loved camp carnival, got to the point where we felt guilty for her being up there so much but she didn't want to leave. She was only 13 months when we were on the conquest so we didn't utilize camp but I'm sure it would be similar.

One recommendation on Cabins with a toddler is go for the ocean view. I know some love balconies but for us it was just something we didn't want to mess with with a little one and you get more square footage in the ocean view. Also we ended up just 2 doors down from the aft elevators by chance, which happened to go straight up to camp carnival which proved to be very convenient.

We were on the Sunshine July 2015 (the kid and I) and my husband and I will be on the Sunshine March 4th. Aruba has been on my list forever and since we aren't taking the kid this time, I wanted that extra sea day to lounge and do nothing.

We never thought the Sunshine was crowded when we were on it last year. We always found seats by the main pool and getting on and off the boat was super simple too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, for your inputs! We booked Conquest, mostly out of convenience since most had something good to say about both cruises.

I just called carnival to add a crib to our reservation for out toddler who will be turning 2 the day we embark on the cruise and they said they could only reserve cruises for children under 2. Has anyone experienced this?

Hello,

Sunshine, Sunshine, Sunshine! She is our favorite ship. Also the cruises to Aruba and Curacao are harder to come by than St. Martin, San Juan....