Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?



Write your Review

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2006, 04:11 PM
powderqn's Avatar
powderqn powderqn is offline
Cool Cruiser
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silver Springs, FL USA
Posts: 885
Question Paperwork needed to take Niece on Cruise?

My mom is taking my niece (her granddaughter - 12 years old) on a cruise in June. I've searched RCCL's web site and can't find any type of release/power of attorney form for my mom to have my sister and BIL sign, stating that it's alright for my niece to cruise; making my mom responsible for her. Has anyone used a form before? If you have, where have you found the form? Does RCCL have a standardize form?

Any help would be appreciated!


Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:17 PM
imightylucky's Avatar
imightylucky imightylucky is offline
Cool Cruiser
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 55
Default Forms

You do not need a special form. You need a notarized letter giving permission (with all names included) and the specific dates, name of ship etc.

Happy cruising

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM
em_in_murphy's Avatar
em_in_murphy em_in_murphy is offline
Cool Cruiser
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Murphy, TX, USA
Posts: 295

Christine, copied below directly from RCI website.

Family Legal Documents:
Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.
Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
powderqn's Avatar
powderqn powderqn is offline
Cool Cruiser
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silver Springs, FL USA
Posts: 885

Thank you, I knew the CCers would know the answer. I'll work with my sister to put together a letter, get it signed and notarized.


Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Hypo's Avatar
Hypo Hypo is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Russellville, AR
Posts: 3,583

To be safe, I would have a notarized letter signed by BOTH parents. Airlines may not let you board if you don't have a letter from each absent parent. Also you should have a Medical Power of Attorney, authorizing you to seek whatever medical treatment is necessary.

It is a complicated world we live in.

Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2006, 12:52 AM
fpcruiser's Avatar
fpcruiser fpcruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: OHIO
Posts: 811

You can go to legaldocs dot com and find free forms on the site. All you have to do is fill in the info and preview it then print. Next take it somewhere to have it notarized.
Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2006, 06:42 AM
emdia43's Avatar
emdia43 emdia43 is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,484

If you are a member of AAA they have the printed permission forms.
Majesty of the Seas 8/03
Sovereign of the Seas 12/03
HAL Zuiderdam 8/04
Mariner of the Seas 7/31/05
Caribbean Princess 7/29/06
Freedom of the Seas 6/3/07
Majesty of the Seas 09/24/07
Enchantment of the Seas 10/22/07
Navigator of the Seas B2B 5/10/08 and 5/15/08
Carnival Elation 8/14/2010
Allure of the Seas 5/13/2012
Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM
Nliedel's Avatar
Nliedel Nliedel is offline
5,000+ Club
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,759

Yep, get BOTH parents to sign it if possible. Some airlines are very picky about this.

Dear Sir or madam,

_____________________ will be traveling with __________________ on the following dates _____________ to _________________. We the undersigned give _______________________ and ________________ permission to travel with __________________________ and further make all necessary medical decisions regarding the care of ________________________________.





That's all you need.
All about my addictions: Cruising, my boys, writing romance and being a triathlete: blog.liedel.org
Reply With Quote



Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 AM.

© 1995 - 2016, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.